The Pirate of the West Texas Plains goes off on team

Beerball

Would Leach work at the NFL level? Not if he pulled an Ol' Ball Coach and tried to install the same offense at the pro level. If he were stupid enough to try that then his success would equal Spurier's. Could he adapt? Maybe...no way of knowing. beerball..

But why would we think Leach would do the same thing at the NFL level that he did in Lubbock? The fact is Leach took a very difficult situation in Lubbock with all the odds against him and made it work with one of the most innovative offenses ever devised in the college game. Why would anyone think he would take that offense and force it onto an NFL team? I think it is more likely he would analyze the situation at the Nfl organization he is in, utilize the talent and design an effective offense. Would it work? I don't know..but I'm less than impressed with the Bills offensive game plan at the moment and would rather have him calling the shots than a failed NFL coach (Pete Carrol.)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Leach work at the NFL level? Not if he pulled an Ol' Ball Coach and tried to install the same offense at the pro level. If he were stupid enough to try that then his success would equal Spurier's. Could he adapt? Maybe...no way of knowing. beerball..

But why would we think Leach would do the same thing at the NFL level that he did in Lubbock? The fact is Leach took a very difficult situation in Lubbock with all the odds against him and made it work with one of the most innovative offenses ever devised in the college game. Why would anyone think he would take that offense and force it onto an NFL team? I think it is more likely he would analyze the situation at the Nfl organization he is in, utilize the talent and design an effective offense. Would it work? I don't know..but I'm less than impressed with the Bills offensive game plan at the moment and would rather have him calling the shots than a failed NFL coach (Pete Carrol.)

I wouldn't expect him to try the same thing in the NFL. He's doesn't appear to be as full as himself as Spurrier. Rather than say "could he adapt?" I should have said "would he be successful running an NFL offense?" We don't know that & I do think it's doubtful he ever gets a chance.

Golly gosh - even I didn't know that! All I knew about Aggies is what your own Jackie Sherrill once said - and which you just proved - namely, "You know, you Aggies are like bullfrogs: most of you is belly and what isn't, is mouth!" :lol:

Leach knows nothing outside of football? Really??? Sure sounds like sour grapes from one really pissed-off Aggie to me, 'cause the guy graduated with honors from BYU, has a Juris Doctor from Pepperdine Law School where he graduated in the top third of this class, and is generally regarded to be one of the most intellectually curious football coaches on the planet.

Oh well...a least now I understand how there came to be so many great Aggie jokes...

First Man: "Did you hear about the Texas A&M Aggie who could count to 10?"

Second Man: "No."

First Man: "How about five?"

Have you geniuses figured out how to build a bonfire without killing anyone yet?

(BTW - Texas Tech plays Kansas this week, not Oklahoma State B-) )

I can appreciate a good Aggie joke when I hear it. A good one.

Did you hear about the Aggie who bought a ladder, and carefully put a sign on the top rung: "STOP HERE."

My bad about who Tech is playing this week. Oklahoma State plays one of the other two Texas schools that Tech has lost to this year. I'll give Tech the KU win, so they'll be 6-4 after OSU.

I did not know that about Leach and his academic prowess. A law degree and he became a football coach. Guess he couldn't pass the bar, so he went to the United States Sports Academy. WOW!!! I don't question that this guy has accomplished a lot at Tech. All I know is I really enjoyed the game against Tech. Tech losing to an A&M team that I will admit is not very good. Walk proud senator, walk very proud!

I can appreciate a good Aggie joke when I hear it. A good one.

Did you hear about the Aggie who bought a ladder, and carefully put a sign on the top rung: "STOP HERE."

Is he still up there?

My bad about who Tech is playing this week. Oklahoma State plays one of the other two Texas schools that Tech has lost to this year. I'll give Tech the KU win, so they'll be 6-4 after OSU.

I did not know that about Leach and his academic prowess. A law degree and he became a football coach. Guess he couldn't pass the bar, so he went to the United States Sports Academy. WOW!!! I don't question that this guy has accomplished a lot at Tech. All I know is I really enjoyed the game against Tech. Tech losing to an A&M team that I will admit is not very good. Walk proud senator, walk very proud!

Congrats on the fine win. Yeah, I'm sure it was a tough loss for Tech, getting humiliated in a game they clearly were expected to win, and win big. And I can see why Leach gets under the Aggies' collective skin so much - be cause he enjoys it....

Leach scores again with his Aggie jokes

Think about it - even after you score such a huge upset, is anyone talking about A&M??? Hell no - they're all too busy talking about...

Mike Leach

Anyway, glad you were able to get someone to help you read a calendar, and only too happy to oblige with more Aggie jokes...

Did you hear about the Aggie at the stop sign? Well, he's still there.

How do you get a Texas A & M graduate off your front porch? Pay for your pizza!

Did you hear about the Aggie who won a gold medal at the Olympics? He liked it so much that he decided to get it bronzed.

Some Aggies were trying to scare the Longhorn football team before the game and threw firecrackers into the

locker room windows. The Longhorns lit them and threw them back!

An Aggie ordered a pizza and the clerk asked if he should cut it in six or twelve pieces. "Six, please," said the Aggie. "I could never eat twelve pieces."

Two Aggies were pulling a large deer through the woods. They came across a Longhorn who says, "Really nice buck you got there, but I think if you pulled him by his horns it would be a lot easier than dragging him by his hind legs." So the Aggies tried it and after a while one says, "Hey, it really is a lot easier to pull it this way, " and the other says, "Yeah, but we're sure are gettin' a lot farther away from the truck."

GO RAIDERS!!!! :worthy:

Ok, I'll ask the obvious question: Why are their girlfriends so fat? They're hot shot football players. They should be able to do much better. Maybe the team should have looked at that before. Bunch of underachievers.

Guess they need some coaching on the art of finding skinny girlfriends.