The Pirate of the West Texas Plains goes off on team

Beerball

Or maybe who his team is hanging out with after Tech lost to A&M.

As coaches, we failed to make our coaching points more compelling than their fat, little girlfriends. Fat, little girlfriends have some obvious advantages. For one thing, their fat, little girlfriends are telling them what they want to hear, which is how great you are and how easy it's going to be.

arrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

video arrrrrrrrrr <_<

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe who his team is hanging out with after Tech lost to A&M.

arrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

video arrrrrrrrrr <_<

Saw it yesterday, BeerSphere - Leach is a piece o' work but ya gotta admit that this...

"It was a failure on the part of coaches and players. As coaches we failed to get through to them, and as coaches we failed to make our coaching points and our points more compelling than their fat little girlfriends. Now their fat little girlfriends have some obvious advantages. For one thing, their fat little girlfriends are telling them what they want to hear, which is 'how great you are,' and 'how easy it's going to be.' And we had a bunch of people who wanted to win the football game, but nobody wanted to play the football game. That defies every level of work ethic that exists with regard to football. As coaches we have to solve our failure on reaching them and the players have to listen. I am willing to go to fairly amazing lengths to make that happen.''

is a helluva lot more entertaining than...

"We practiced hard all week, and looked good - really good - in practice, but it's hard to win in the NFL."

BTW - didn't see the video on the page you linked- here it is...

Mike Leach

Kinda humorous, in a pathetic, embarrassing way. The Senator must be so proud. :lol:

This guy is basically Pete Carroll, minus the class and the college level success. He'd be a joke at the pro level.

I'd go so far as to say that if they 'swapped programs' - that is, put Carroll in Lubbock TX to build a program from scratch with TT's budget, and put Leach at USC with their tradition, $$$, and recruiting power - and you'd soon reconsider that statement.

(BTW - Carroll was fired after one season as the Jets HC (6-10), and fired again by Bob Kraft in NE*)

I'd go so far as to say that if they 'swapped programs' - that is, put Carroll in Lubbock TX to build a program from scratch with TT's budget, and put Leach at USC with their tradition, $$$, and recruiting power - and you'd soon reconsider that statement.

(BTW - Carroll was fired after one season as the Jets HC (6-10), and fired again by Bob Kraft in NE*)

Too bad you don't know what you're talking about. USC recruiting the past 8 years has been Pete Carroll. USC's record the 6 years prior to Carroll's arrival was 6-6 with an average ranking of about 50. And have been in the top 5 pretty much his whole tenure and have won two National Championships. Recruiting is more times than not the coach not the school.

Oh really? Let's take a little walk down history lane and compare USC during Carroll's tenure to the decade prior to his arrival at USC. He didn't inherit a powerhouse, he rebuilt one.

Winning %:

Pre - 59%

Post - 85% (if you exclude PC's first season, it's 90%)

Average Margin of Victory:

Pre - 4.7

Post - 19.8 (!)

Top 10 rankings:

Pre - 0 (only 3 out of 10 seasons were in the top 25)

Post - 7 consecutive (every season after Carroll's first, USC has finished in the top four)

Major Bowl Game Appearances:

Pre - 2

Post - 7 consecutive BCS games (6-1 record with a national championship)

Meanwhile, Leach hasn't done anything significantly different than his predecessor. Winning at a 66% rate vs. 54% in the decade prior to his arrival. And zero top ten rankings.

Bottom line: This guy couldn't carry Pete Carroll's jock.

Right. Rah-rah college guys usually aren't cut out for the pros. The fact that you can't recognize this as it pertains to your guy is sad.

Too bad you don't know what you're talking about. USC recruiting the past 8 years has been Pete Carroll. USC's record the 6 years prior to Carroll's arrival was 6-6 with an average ranking of about 50. And have been in the top 5 pretty much his whole tenure and have won two National Championships. Recruiting is more times than not the coach not the school.

No, it's too bad you don't know what I'm talking about - besides being located in beautiful Southern California as opposed to Lubbock, TX...

The Trojans have been a football powerhouse throughout NCAA history, making claim to 11 national championships. In recent years, USC has consistently ranked in the top 5 of the final BCS and AP Polls. The football team is regarded as the centerpiece of an athletic program that has won more NCAA men's individual and men's team titles than any other university and is third in co-ed team titles, behind fellow Pac-10 schools UCLA and Stanford. Seven USC players have won the Heisman Trophy - tied for the most with Ohio State and Notre Dame. All of their jersey numbers have been retired by USC. USC has more 1st Round NFL Draft picks (71) than any other college football team. 162 Trojans have been selected to the NFL Pro Bowl, while a Trojan has managed to play in all but two Super Bowls.

USC Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees

* Frank Gifford, HB (1977)

* Ron Mix, OT (1979)

* Morris 'Red' Badgro, E (1981)

* O.J. Simpson, RB (1985)

* Willie Wood, DB (1989)

* Anthony Muñoz, OT (1998)

* Ronnie Lott, DB (2000)

* Lynn Swann, WR (2001)

* Ron Yary, OT (2001)

* Marcus Allen, RB (2003)

* Bruce Matthews, OT,OG,C (2007)

All-century Trojan football team

OFFENSE

QB: Pat Haden, 72-74

FB: Leroy Holt, 85-88

RB: O.J. Simpson, 67-68

RB: Marcus Allen, 78-81

WR: Keyshawn Johnson, 94-95

WR: Lynn Swann, 71-73

TE: Charles Young, 70-72

OL: Ron Yary, 65-67

OL: Brad Budde, 76-79

OL: Tony Boselli, 91-94

OL: Ron Mix, 57-59

OL: Bruce Matthews, 80-82

3rd WR: Johnnie Morton, 90-93

PK: Steve Jordan, 81-84

DEFENSE

DL: Tim Rossovich, 65-67

DL: Marlin McKeever, 58-60

DL: Mike McKeever, 58-60

DL: Aaron Rosenberg, 31-33

LB: Junior Seau, 88-89

LB: Richard Wood, 72-74

LB: Chris Claiborne, 96-98

DB: Ronnie Lott, 77-80

DB: Dennis Smith, 77-80

DB: Dennis Thurman, 74-77

DB: Mark Carrier, 87-89

P : Desmond Koch, 51-53

KR: Anthony Davis, 72-74

USC Heisman finalists

* Jim Sears, HB/S (7th in 1952)

* Jon Arnett, HB (10th in 1956)

* O.J. Simpson, TB (2nd in 1967)

* Anthony Davis, TB (2nd in 1974)

* Ricky Bell, TB (3rd in 1975 and 2nd in 1976)

* Charles White, TB (4th in 1978)

* Paul McDonald, QB (6th in 1979)

* Rodney Peete, QB (2nd in 1988)

* Keyshawn Johnson, WR (7th in 1995)

* Matt Leinart, QB (6th in 2003 and 3rd in 2005)

* Mike Williams, WR (8th in 2003)

* Reggie Bush, TB (5th in 2004)

NFL Coaches that played for USC

* Jeff Fisher, CB (head coach of the Tennessee Titans)

* Jack Del Rio, LB (head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars)

* Mike Holmgren, QB (former head coach, Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl XXXI Champions)

* Hudson Houck, OL (offensive line coach of the Miami Dolphins)

* Jim Fassel, QB (former head coach, New York Giants, Super Bowl; former offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens)

* Kennedy Pola, RB (running backs coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars)

Broadcasters that played for USC

* Frank Gifford, RB (former Monday Night Football commentator)

* Pat Haden, QB (NBC color commentator for Notre Dame games)

* Sean Salisbury, QB (former ESPN NFL analyst)

* Lynn Swann, WR (ABC Sports commentator; ran unsuccessfully for Governor of Pennsylvania)

* Jason Sehorn, DB (In 2005, Sehorn joined Fox Sports Net, and is currently a panelist on their Sunday NFL pregame show)

* Bob Chandler, WR (Los Angeles Raiders broadcast team)

* Rodney Peete, QB (panelist on FSN's Best Damn Sports Show Period!)

And if you're still not getting my point by now, let me just throw in...

The USC Song Girls

Are ya gettin' it yet, Chef? Do ya maybe see how Carroll had a whole lot more to start with than Leach, and how WHOMEVER is head coach at USC might just have an easier job recruiting guys than an unknown coach at a school with little football tradition and a tiny budget in Lubbock, TX???? :lol:

It's also the area, but for the case of this comparison (Texas vs. SoCal), it's pretty much a wash. And he does have a point on recruiting budget (as far as it being a factor, though I have no idea what each school's budget is).

The USC Song Girls

Wow...just WOW!

And while I really don't think Leach would be a great pro coach, any coach referring to his players' "fat little girlfriends," is pretty damn funny!

Oh really? Let's take a little walk down history lane and compare USC during Carroll's tenure to the decade prior to his arrival at USC. He didn't inherit a powerhouse, he rebuilt one.

Winning %:

Pre - 59%

Post - 85% (if you exclude PC's first season, it's 90%)

Average Margin of Victory:

Pre - 4.7

Post - 19.8 (!)

Top 10 rankings:

Pre - 0 (only 3 out of 10 seasons were in the top 25)

Post - 7 consecutive (every season after Carroll's first, USC has finished in the top four)

Major Bowl Game Appearances:

Pre - 2

Post - 7 consecutive BCS games (6-1 record with a national championship)

Meanwhile, Leach hasn't done anything significantly different than his predecessor. Winning at a 66% rate vs. 54% in the decade prior to his arrival. And zero top ten rankings.

Bottom line: This guy couldn't carry Pete Carroll's jock.

Right. Rah-rah college guys usually aren't cut out for the pros. The fact that you can't recognize this as it pertains to your guy is sad.

Do you think that maybe Carroll had a whole lot more to work with when he arrived at USC - in terms of budget, location, tradition, recruiting power, etc. - than Leach did when he arrived at TT? :lol:

See my response to Chef - then take your Midol and go to bed.

Do you think that maybe Carroll had a whole lot more to work with when he arrived at USC - in terms of budget, location, tradition, recruiting power, etc. - than Leach did when he arrived at TT? :lol:

See my response to Chef - then take your Midol and go to bed.

Keep making excuses loser. Carroll has a team in the top 4 every single year. I don't see coaches at Michigan, Notre Dame or anywhere else doing that despite good traditions. But it sure is funny watching you embarrass yourself by trying to compare USC coaching success with your podunk school.

Now, go fondle yourself while gazing at your Mike Leach poster (see, I can look like an unoriginal moron by typing the same thing over and over too!) <_<

btw...here is what some fans who don't have gay-crushes on him think about Coach Leech.

Keep making excuses loser. Carroll has a team in the top 4 every single year. I don't see coaches at Michigan, Notre Dame or anywhere else doing that despite good traditions. But it sure is funny watching you embarrass yourself by trying to compare USC coaching success with your podunk school.

Now, go fondle yourself while gazing at your Mike Leach poster (see, I can look like an unoriginal moron by typing the same thing over and over too!)

You sure can - and do!!!! :lol:

(btw - my 'podunk' school is Cornell)

Now, go fondle yourself while gazing at your Mike Leach poster (see, I can look like an unoriginal moron by typing the same thing over and over too!) :lol:

btw...here is what some fans who don't have gay-crushes on him think about Coach Leech.

Wow, you're angry.

Now, go fondle yourself while gazing at your Mike Leach poster (see, I can look like an unoriginal moron by typing the same thing over and over too!) <_<

Hey! That's my son's podunk school. :lol:

Er....um...huh? :lol:

I think his original quote was:

This guy is basically Pete Carroll, minus the class and the college level success. He'd be a joke at the pro level.

It is a point well taken.

To help you out, he is saying Leach is classless and has not enjoyed the success at the college level that Pete Carroll has had.

It is a point well taken.

To help you out, he is saying Leach is classless and has not enjoyed the success at the college level that Pete Carroll has had.

Thanks for helping me out by re-posting the original quote in its entirety.

Well-taken?

Please explain the "The guy is basically Pete Carroll..." part. How is Leach 'basically Pete Carroll'? I'd really like to know.

He's basically Pete Carroll - except that he's not at all like Pete Carroll, and couldn't carry Pete Carroll's jock strap????? <_<

Apparently you, like Chef and the apoplectic KD, also seem to be missing my point that Carroll has had far greater resources at USC in terms of $$$ and recruiting power, and to say that Leach hasn't enjoyed the same success as Carroll somewhat reinforces that point, so thanks for helping me there as well. USC has always been 'on the map', whereas Leach has single-handedly put TT in the national spotlight...

Texas Tech: The Mike Leach Era

Leach does seem to get particular enjoyment at 'tweaking' the Aggies, though - I think you're just steamed over things like...

As his team raced onto the field, he gazed into the stands filled with screaming fans and wondered about the several thousand “cadets” from Texas A&M clustered in one end zone. They wear military uniforms and buzz cuts, holler in unison and stand at attention the entire game. “How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?” he asked. “The thing is, they aren’t actually in the military. I ought to have Mike’s Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you’re a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we’ll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that.”

Or, after the wife of an Aggies coach made a disparaging remark about Lubbock...

“First of all, we just beat them, 56-17,” Leach says when told of the incident. “By rights she should now be a Red Raider slave.” :lol:

Wow...just WOW!

And while I really don't think Leach would be a great pro coach, any coach referring to his players' "fat little girlfriends," is pretty damn funny!

Well it's no secret that I'd prefer him being pretty damn funny at One Bills Drive! :lol:

I'm not even going to try and figure out what was going thru his head when he said that, but the guy graduated with honors from BYU and was in the top third of his class at Pepperdine Law School, where he earned his J.D., so I'm sure his remarks were both planned and well-considered beforehand.

Mike Leach - From Contracts to Coaching

BTW, Leach manages 130 players, 10 assistant coaches, physical trainers, an academic staff that helps him maintain a 70% graduation rate, a video team, and the media - all while serving as head coach and offensive coordinator of what some call the most innovative offense in football. In some ways, I think the NFL would be easier for him than what he does now.

No, it's too bad you don't know what I'm talking about - besides being located in beautiful Southern California as opposed to Lubbock, TX...

The Trojans have been a football powerhouse throughout NCAA history, making claim to 11 national championships. In recent years, USC has consistently ranked in the top 5 of the final BCS and AP Polls. The football team is regarded as the centerpiece of an athletic program that has won more NCAA men's individual and men's team titles than any other university and is third in co-ed team titles, behind fellow Pac-10 schools UCLA and Stanford. Seven USC players have won the Heisman Trophy - tied for the most with Ohio State and Notre Dame. All of their jersey numbers have been retired by USC. USC has more 1st Round NFL Draft picks (71) than any other college football team. 162 Trojans have been selected to the NFL Pro Bowl, while a Trojan has managed to play in all but two Super Bowls.

USC Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees

* Frank Gifford, HB (1977)

* Ron Mix, OT (1979)

* Morris 'Red' Badgro, E (1981)

* O.J. Simpson, RB (1985)

* Willie Wood, DB (1989)

* Anthony Muñoz, OT (1998)

* Ronnie Lott, DB (2000)

* Lynn Swann, WR (2001)

* Ron Yary, OT (2001)

* Marcus Allen, RB (2003)

* Bruce Matthews, OT,OG,C (2007)

All-century Trojan football team

OFFENSE

QB: Pat Haden, 72-74

FB: Leroy Holt, 85-88

RB: O.J. Simpson, 67-68

RB: Marcus Allen, 78-81

WR: Keyshawn Johnson, 94-95

WR: Lynn Swann, 71-73

TE: Charles Young, 70-72

OL: Ron Yary, 65-67

OL: Brad Budde, 76-79

OL: Tony Boselli, 91-94

OL: Ron Mix, 57-59

OL: Bruce Matthews, 80-82

3rd WR: Johnnie Morton, 90-93

PK: Steve Jordan, 81-84

DEFENSE

DL: Tim Rossovich, 65-67

DL: Marlin McKeever, 58-60

DL: Mike McKeever, 58-60

DL: Aaron Rosenberg, 31-33

LB: Junior Seau, 88-89

LB: Richard Wood, 72-74

LB: Chris Claiborne, 96-98

DB: Ronnie Lott, 77-80

DB: Dennis Smith, 77-80

DB: Dennis Thurman, 74-77

DB: Mark Carrier, 87-89

P : Desmond Koch, 51-53

KR: Anthony Davis, 72-74

USC Heisman finalists

* Jim Sears, HB/S (7th in 1952)

* Jon Arnett, HB (10th in 1956)

* O.J. Simpson, TB (2nd in 1967)

* Anthony Davis, TB (2nd in 1974)

* Ricky Bell, TB (3rd in 1975 and 2nd in 1976)

* Charles White, TB (4th in 1978)

* Paul McDonald, QB (6th in 1979)

* Rodney Peete, QB (2nd in 1988)

* Keyshawn Johnson, WR (7th in 1995)

* Matt Leinart, QB (6th in 2003 and 3rd in 2005)

* Mike Williams, WR (8th in 2003)

* Reggie Bush, TB (5th in 2004)

NFL Coaches that played for USC

* Jeff Fisher, CB (head coach of the Tennessee Titans)

* Jack Del Rio, LB (head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars)

* Mike Holmgren, QB (former head coach, Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl XXXI Champions)

* Hudson Houck, OL (offensive line coach of the Miami Dolphins)

* Jim Fassel, QB (former head coach, New York Giants, Super Bowl; former offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens)

* Kennedy Pola, RB (running backs coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars)

Broadcasters that played for USC

* Frank Gifford, RB (former Monday Night Football commentator)

* Pat Haden, QB (NBC color commentator for Notre Dame games)

* Sean Salisbury, QB (former ESPN NFL analyst)

* Lynn Swann, WR (ABC Sports commentator; ran unsuccessfully for Governor of Pennsylvania)

* Jason Sehorn, DB (In 2005, Sehorn joined Fox Sports Net, and is currently a panelist on their Sunday NFL pregame show)

* Bob Chandler, WR (Los Angeles Raiders broadcast team)

* Rodney Peete, QB (panelist on FSN's Best Damn Sports Show Period!)

The USC Song Girls

Are ya gettin' it yet, Chef? Do ya maybe see how Carroll had a whole lot more to start with than Leach, and how WHOMEVER is head coach at USC might just have an easier job recruiting guys than an unknown coach at a school with little football tradition and a tiny budget in Lubbock, TX???? :lol:

I hear what you are saying about tradition/location & such where USC has the advantage but before Carroll took over this program was a mess. I remember going to a game at South Bend, might of been 95/96 where ND beat them like 50-10. I remember thinking, man the Southern Cal cheerleaders are so much better looking then the ND cheerleaders, where do they find these girls, I mean everyone was drop dead gorgeus. There football team stunk though. You always equate USC to doing good because of the tradition & how that program has been humming now, but that is probably 80% Carroll. Before he got there, for years USC's program actually mirrored what their cross town rival is today - UCLA, a PAC 10 program that has great history, great weather, beautiful girls that will be lucky to get invited to the Las Vegas Bowl most years.