Eric Wood

billsfan_34

3 down and 7...Wood recognizes the neutral zone infraction and immediately stands up. Turn it into a 3 and short. Thats the kind of play we need. The best is yet to come from this fine young kid. He plays smart, tough and discipline. Levitre isnt far behind and will only get better.

3 down and 7...Wood recognizes the neutral zone infraction and immediately stands up. Turn it into a 3 and short. Thats the kind of play we need. The best is yet to come from this fine young kid. He plays smart, tough and discipline. Levitre isnt far behind and will only get better.

Who says Levitre is behind? Having said that, I think C and LT are the most important positions on the OL.....I would like to see us draft 2 more lineman (in the first two rounds) so that we can move Wood to Center

Who says Levitre is behind? Having said that, I think C and LT are the most important positions on the OL.....I would like to see us draft 2 more lineman (in the first two rounds) so that we can move Wood to Center

I half-agree, but I think the best option would be to draft two (or even three) OTs and move Butler back to RG, with Wood moving to C and Hangartner taking a hike (I can't count the number of times his rear end got pushed into Lynch's face yesterday).

It was Meredith who popped up first, but Wood looked cooler doing it. :w00t:

I've seen so many people bashing Meredith today... Folks, this kid is a ROOKIE and we just put him up against one of the best DE's in today's NFL. Sure, he had some breakdowns. But, most experienced OT's in this league would have breakdowns against Peppers at times. Meredith and Bell are both just learning to play at this level. They'll need some time to develop, but they both have the tools to be good tackles.

Wood and Levitre are great. Meredith, for being picked up from another teasm practice squad, has been great. He blocked Peppers better than any other tackled we have employed recently would have. This team needs 2 more OL, and I really think we are missing Butler, which means 3 diff starters next year. I hope Wood moves to center, which I heard Chris Carter say was the 2nd hardest position for a college player to adjust to in the NFL (behind QB). Hopefully the plan is to move him and Butler back inside. That way Hang can backup anywhere on the interior and Butler can kick outside if needed. At this point Bell/Scott/Meredith are just backup quality tackles, I want playoff quality tackles.

I will say this: Levitre was the guy who got blown up on the safety. I watched the replay a bunch of times and I still can't quite understand how the DT (#75) basically just got inside of him and tossed him aside. It was a critical error.

Nevertheless, I think the guy's got game and he'll develop into a solid G for us. I'm actually starting to get a little excited for next year when we'll have a group of young offensive linemen with some experience playing together. I'm not sure yet about Bell or Meredith, but I think they have some good potential.

And you know this how??? If you really do know this, my suggestion to you would be quit your day job, and become an NFL coach. Until that happens give them time, see how they are looking by year end. The best thing a team can do to never improve is to continuously change players. If you keep replacing players with new players drafted or as FA, you'll never improve. Granted you also need to know when to cut your losses on someone, but at this point, Mededith or Bell are not anywhere near that point yet. Teams also can't afford stars at every position, you take them where you get them and have role players fill in the openings.

At this point Bell/Scott/Meredith are just backup quality tackles, I want playoff quality tackles.

Wood and Levitre are great. Meredith, for being picked up from another teasm practice squad, has been great. He blocked Peppers better than any other tackled we have employed recently would have. This team needs 2 more OL, and I really think we are missing Butler, which means 3 diff starters next year. I hope Wood moves to center, which I heard Chris Carter say was the 2nd hardest position for a college player to adjust to in the NFL (behind QB). Hopefully the plan is to move him and Butler back inside. That way Hang can backup anywhere on the interior and Butler can kick outside if needed. At this point Bell/Scott/Meredith are just backup quality tackles, I want playoff quality tackles.

Did you watch yesterday's game? Meredith got completely manhandled the entire game. Fitzy got flushed out of the pocket because our starting practice squad player couldn't even get a hand on the DE's.