Jeff Garcia

Garcia would be a perfect fit for the Bills. He has always been a play maker. The Bills have excellent weapons at wr and running back. The interior of the line is getting better every week. The Bills need a qb that can make plays and be good enough on his feet to scramble some and still throw a nice ball(the tackles have not been good at all). With Trent out with another concussion, and i am afraid what he is going to look like when he does come back from it(remember last year). Garcia would be a nice pick up. He has succeded everywhere he has gone. He would be a nice fill in for this year, then draft your long term guy next year. Could he and T.O make up??? Would DJ put the squeeze on Wilson, knowing he has to win??

Garcia would be a perfect fit for the Bills. He has always been a play maker. The Bills have excellent weapons at wr and running back. The interior of the line is getting better every week. The Bills need a qb that can make plays and be good enough on his feet to scramble some and still throw a nice ball(the tackles have not been good at all). With Trent out with another concussion, and i am afraid what he is going to look like when he does come back from it(remember last year). Garcia would be a nice pick up. He has succeded everywhere he has gone. He would be a nice fill in for this year, then draft your long term guy next year. Could he and T.O make up??? Would DJ put the squeeze on Wilson, knowing he has to win??

I agree. It wouldn't do much for the future of the team, but he is way better than the 3 guys the Bills have right now. And he has a really hot wife.

God why are people so in love with Jeff Garcia. He is a journeyman QB. He couldn't even make the Raiders squad.

Not in love with him. But he is a proven winner. He stepped in at Philly a couple years ago and got them into the playoffs. He is better the Fitz or Hamden, and Edwards in his present condition(maybe in regular condition). And the Raiders cutting him to me is a plus for him, they are not really known for makeing any prudent personel moves in the last 5 years or so.

Honestly, I think if the Bills had any REAL interest in Garcia, the whole TO riff from years past would be a non-issue. Garcia is a system style QB -- and he played well in a closed in WCO that was tailored for his modest skills. Note that he played well in SF, Philly and TB which all ran identical systems. He didn't fair as well at any of his other stops.

God why are people so in love with Jeff Garcia. He is a journeyman QB. He couldn't even make the Raiders squad.

Wrong, he asked to be cut when they wanted to start Russell over him and got his wish. Russell didn't win his spot.

I will give you this though, the guy is always hurt if he plays over 4 games.

He could not get it done in Tampa last year & cost Gruden his job.

Best move the Bills can make right now. Garcia is no panacea, but someone that make the Bills competitive against the mostly shtty opponents they play and increase fan interest in this moribund franchise. I can't even watch the Bills anymore, not because they lose, but because they play an incredibly boring brand of football.

The guy can play even if the clock is ticking on his career. The Bills have garbage at the position and receiver talent rusting on the vine. At the least, he'll make things interesting with his legs, at best he'll hit some deeper balls than we've seen so far. He and Owens will be gone next year anyhow.

The dude played in Calgary, he can play in Buffalo. He'll make use of his offensive resources, he'll be cheap, and we'll score a little to make it a bit more fun in defeat.

Garcia would have a much more positive impact on this team, in terms of wins and losses, than TO does. Garcia, while techniqually a journyman, has been a pro bowl QB for multiple teams and always has his team competeing in the post season. He is a short term fix to get this team playoff bound next year, with a new coach IMO

Garcia would have a much more positive impact on this team, in terms of wins and losses, than TO does. Garcia, while techniqually a journyman, has been a pro bowl QB for multiple teams and always has his team competeing in the post season. He is a short term fix to get this team playoff bound next year, with a new coach IMO

I'd like a younger Garcia. He's 39 and on the edge if not already over the cliff. He may be better than what we got right now, but probably not much and also carries a big injury risk. We're better off trusting what we've got rather than picking up scraps and really sending out the panic vibe within the team.

Not in love with him. But he is a proven winner. He stepped in at Philly a couple years ago and got them into the playoffs. He is better the Fitz or Hamden, and Edwards in his present condition(maybe in regular condition). And the Raiders cutting him to me is a plus for him, they are not really known for makeing any prudent personel moves in the last 5 years or so.

Key words there. Sorry the guy is 39 years old and over the hill. Please don't bring up Brett Farve as a counter argument because he is clearly not human and is from Mars.

Key words there. Sorry the guy is 39 years old and over the hill. Please don't bring up Brett Farve as a counter argument because he is clearly not human and is from Mars.

Valid point. But do we really think for one second Fitz is the answer? Hamden? Not saying Garcia is the long term solution, but he provides a spark, and some 'been there done that' from the qb position as far as winning. He is still in good shape, and can play. I bet he could beat Edwards in a foot race. And with Edwards eggs being scrambled, i am sick of loosing for another year. This move would atleast show the FO is as desperate as we fans are for a winner!

I bet he can still play. He's seen it all and is a bright, tough little guy. Better than anyone we have here.

TO made a fool of himself with his Garcia is gay stuff (check yourself, TO)--I'm sure that TO is looking fondly back at the best QB he was ever teamed with (53 TD's).

With all due respect i think things started to spiral out of control in Tampa a little. Gruden had like 6guys at qb at one point in training camp.

Hey that brings up the question, where is Jake Plummer? J/k

Agreed things spiraled out of control, the Point is Gruden chose Garcia over all the other QB's he had & Garcia let him down, losing game after game.

Agreed things spiraled out of control, the Point is Gruden chose Garcia over all the other QB's he had & Garcia let him down, losing game after game.

Let him down? Losing game after game? Dude was still shaking an injury when TB lost the opener in 2008 and then Greise took over. When Garcia came back TB won 6 out of 7. TBs Defense and lack of talent (sound familiar) was the huge reason for TB's collapse in the latter part of the season, which still netted a 9-7 season (when's the last time The Bills finished north of mediocrity?).

Over-Officious has got it right.

I've watched Jeff Garcia for years. He is a successful product of the CFL. With its longer/wider field, 3 downs (no spiking up there), only one timeout per half, 12 men a side, and 20-second play clock this requires a quick, scrambling, "intelligent" type of quarterback (remember Doug Flutie?). Big, slow, sit-in-the pocket quarterbacks get killed up there (e.g. a guy like Jamarcus Russell). Same goes for straight-ahead bull-rushing running backs (Sproles would do great). Of course, Garcia's only a short-term project, but he'll win you some games. If this is what you need, then Garcia is your man. He is tough as nails (Gruden called him "barbed wire").

And yes, Garcia didn't cost the Bucs the 2008 last four-game slide (he played in 3 of them). The Bucs collapsed because their Defense collapsed. The Bucs relied heavily on their Defense to win games. I watched all those games and it was obvious that the Defense had simply given up (because of Monty Kiffin's imminent departure?), forcing the Offense to carry the load and make a lot of risky plays. By this time Garcia only had one WR of any account (Bryant) and no running backs of any real consistency, so the dink-and-dunk scrambling quarterbacking was their only choice.

And, Oh yeah - what has Owens done for you lately anyway? I don't think he's in any position to start running off at the mouth.

My guess is that Garcia will wind up looking for a coaching job somewhere (Offense or Quarterback).

A. It's not that he "couldn't make the Raiders squad," he ASKED to be released because of the turmoil within that joke of an organization.

B. He is better than Trent ever was, is, or will be. Face it people, Trent's career is over...baring a miraculous turnaround.

C. The whole point is "fill in." Shoot, even keep him for a year or two to help whoever we draft develop. Fitz will be a good #3, and Jabroni Hairdo can hit up the UFL or CFL, where he belongs (not really, don't know nearly enough about his play to pass judgement, just gives impact to the point.)

:censored:

The question is: Do you bring in an aging QB that will win you some games - at least for the short term? I'm always amazed that some fans around the NFL simply give up on their team after they've lost a few early games, and almost want them to keep losing so they can hopefully get a higher draft pick next year - and then complain that their team is losing. The team has a duty to its loyal paying fans to put on the best show it can - never mind providing a product that will put bums in seats and make money for the organization, although the two go together. Planning for draft picks is like saying I'm going to work at getting rich, so I'm going to buy some lottery tickets. How many 2009 draft picks are saving their teams right now? This is Oakland Raiders style of team building. Of course the chosen few will work out in a few years. I'm for doing whatever it takes to win games now. You never know what the future will bring (new coach?). I'm not necessarily saying Garcia, but someone. And I don't think Garcia would be interested in holding the clipboard and "mentoring" an upcoming QB prospect - at least not when he's a QB himself.