Fitzpatrick's Cannon

Fitzy's Arm  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe Fitzy's Arm?

• Rocket Arm (50 yds. on a frozen rope... never exceeds 10 ft. off the ground)
    • Cannon Arm (35 yd. frozen rope... 10-15 ft. off the ground)
    • Decent Arm (makes most of the throws)
    • Noodle Arm (can make intermediate throws)
    • AVP Arm (chucks it like THE PILL)
    • "Between Decent and Cannon" presented by bizell

YE OLE has been as big a proponent of Trent as anyone, but let me say this...

Fitzpatrick has a CANNON for an arm! Best arm strength we've had since Bledsoe... maybe even better! I'd like to see Young Ryan chuck it side by side next to Bledsoe and see whose ball travels further in the air! Even AVP knows... it's time to stretch the field!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense.

Ryan Fitz:

5.3 Yard per Attempt

57.7% Completion percentage

51.4 QB Rating

Trent Edwards:

6.7 Yard per Attempt

61.2% Completion percentage

78.0 QB Rating

I dont understand how you can say that Fitz has a huge arm, the guy is averaging a full yard less per attempt (and that is with starting all last year with Ochocinco and TJ Housh on his team). Trent was airing it out all year at the beginning of last year until they started rolling a guy over the top on Lee, and then we had no second WR.

This year we simplified the offense and proceeded to stack the deck against Trent with a young o-line (not giving him any time in the pocket to find his WR) and then installed a no huddle offense that did nothing but confuse that young O-Line.

Also, lets not forget that Trent hit Lee on the exact same pass last week early in the game and someone tripped him up. Fitz checked down as much if not more, and just managed to get lucky and have Lee break one. Edwards was finding his WRs and stretching the field (Shawn Nelson had a huge grab) before he went down.

Fitz is still just a backup and a guy who is serviceable, but he can't stretch the field any more than Trent can. The biggest difference last week was AVP on the field and finally going to a zone blocking scheme. Don't forget trent was 5-5 and had thrown for almost 10 Y/A before he went down with a concussion. Plus his YPA would have been way larger if Owens had caught that bomb against Tampa.

That doesn't make sense.

Ryan Fitz:

5.3 Yard per Attempt

51.4 QB Rating

Trent Edwards:

6.7 Yard per Attempt

78.0 QB Rating

I dont understand how you can say that Fitz has a huge arm, the guy is averaging a full yard less per attempt (and that is with starting all last year with Ochocinco and TJ Housh on his team). Trent was airing it out all year at the beginning of last year until they started rolling a guy over the top on Lee, and then we had no second WR.

This year we simplified the offense and proceeded to stack the deck against Trent with a young o-line (not giving him any time in the pocket to find his WR) and then installed a no huddle offense that did nothing but confuse that young O-Line.

Also, lets not forget that Trent hit Lee on the exact same pass last week early in the game and someone tripped him up. Fitz checked down as much if not more, and just managed to get lucky and have Lee break one. Edwards was finding his WRs and stretching the field (Shawn Nelson had a huge grab) before he went down.

Fitz is still just a backup and a guy who is serviceable, but he can't stretch the field any more than Trent can. The biggest difference last week was AVP on the field and finally going to a zone blocking scheme. Don't forget trent was 5-5 and had thrown for almost 10 Y/A before he went down with a concussion. Plus his YPA would have been way larger if Owens had caught that bomb against Tampa.

Fitzpatrick is definitely a back up QB and everyone around here realizes that. What people like you have to realize, is that Edwards is also a backup QB. Stop trying to defend his scared and gutless play, I've seen enough of Trentative...

That doesn't make sense.

Ryan Fitz:

5.3 Yard per Attempt

51.4 QB Rating

Trent Edwards:

6.7 Yard per Attempt

78.0 QB Rating

Hahahaha. I love that you're using stats to justify why Fitz isn't the answer. He's obviously not the answer (and also doesn't have a cannon for an arm), but he's basically the same as Edwards. A possible upside here and there, and downside here and there, the point being: Fitz isn't the answer, but man, Trent certainly isn't either.

Well guys your all missing the main point . These are the guys we have to play with, so analyze it all you want. But at the end of the day we have Fitz and TE, theres no savior around the corner. I have heard nothing but bitching and moaning about anyone who has played QB since Kelly. Deal with it, this is who we have. So lets hope for the best and a few wins. I forgot how many pro personnel gurus we have on this board. But i think if half of you werent bitching about something you wouldnt be happy.

YE OLE has been as big a proponent of Trent as anyone, but let me say this...

Fitzpatrick has a CANNON for an arm! Best arm strength we've had since Bledsoe... maybe even better! I'd like to see Young Ryan chuck it side by side next to Bledsoe and see whose ball travels further in the air! Even AVP knows... it's time to stretch the field!

You're kidding, right?

Did you watch the game on Sunday? Half of his passes were at shoe-top level, thrown from some Bernie Kosar looking sidearm motion. He may have an average arm, but I don't think "cannon" is the first word that comes to mind whn describing his passes.

Well guys your all missing the main point . These are the guys we have to play with, so analyze it all you want. But at the end of the day we have Fitz and TE, theres no savior around the corner. I have heard nothing but bitching and moaning about anyone who has played QB since Kelly. Deal with it, this is who we have. So lets hope for the best and a few wins. I forgot how many pro personnel gurus we have on this board. But i think if half of you werent bitching about something you wouldnt be happy.

Exactly, we are dealing with it. Dealing with an inept owner, GM, and coach who havent drafted or signed any viable QB's since Kelly. It is extremely frustrating. The book isn't closed on Edwards yet, but time is running out. What is there to be happy about. Our QB just went down with his second concussion and we have to bring in our 2nd stringer. We have injuries on both sides of the ball. This happens EVERY year. I'm sorry we didn't eat our giggles and rainbows for breakfast, but this team excrutiating every year. Give us hope and then get it taken away. I liken this team to my hangover on Sunday. Just when you think it's getting better, it spirals out of control

Exactly, we are dealing with it. Dealing with an inept owner, GM, and coach who havent drafted or signed any viable QB's since Kelly. It is extremely frustrating. The book isn't closed on Edwards yet, but time is running out. What is there to be happy about. Our QB just went down with his second concussion and we have to bring in our 2nd stringer. We have injuries on both sides of the ball. This happens EVERY year. I'm sorry we didn't eat our giggles and rainbows for breakfast, but this team excrutiating every year. Give us hope and then get it taken away. I liken this team to my hangover on Sunday. Just when you think it's getting better, it spirals out of control

My point is its nothing we can control, so if its so unbearable to follow this team.....DON'T. Look there are worst franchises out there. There are worst starting QB's out there. I would say there are worst HC's out there but id be lying. I understand the feelings people have about this franchise, but remember its 3 hours out of a week 16 weeks a year. SO if its too much, follow the Sabres, at least they are winning.

Hahahaha. I love that you're using stats to justify why Fitz isn't the answer. He's obviously not the answer (and also doesn't have a cannon for an arm), but he's basically the same as Edwards. A possible upside here and there, and downside here and there, the point being: Fitz isn't the answer, but man, Trent certainly isn't either.

I know that Trent isn't the answer, but lets be serious here. We have 10 games left, and we have to have a QB. I am making the point that no matter what happens, when Trent comes back from his concussion, we should be giving the keys to the offense back to him. Fitz checks down even more than Trent does, and at least when Trent checks down, his passes are accurate.

Also, I don't think Trent's career is over yet. I think that it is hanging by a thread, but he has accuracy, and he has the arm strength to get the ball down field. He has been tentative every since his concussion last year. If they can find a way to get him back to pre-concussion number 1 form, he could still have something to contribute to this team.

Not to mention if we actually had some semblance of a pocket for him to pass from, it wouldn't hurt either.

But alas, in our darkest hour, Ryan Fitzpatrick is there to lift us from the losing way. He will be our KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR... coming to Bills Fans emotional rescue! Fitzy with that cannon arm, I can see it now.. stretching the field, throwing the deep out... throwing the skinny post... throwing the wheel route.

That's it right there. Neither one is a starting QB. The search goes on...

AVP says Fitzy's got a STRONG arm! He said they're about to stretch the field yo!

AVP is clueless and has no credibility. The fact he is our offensive coordinator speaks volumes to just how poor the coaching staff is in Buffalo.

That doesn't make sense.

Ryan Fitz:

5.3 Yard per Attempt

51.4 QB Rating

Trent Edwards:

6.7 Yard per Attempt

78.0 QB Rating

Rule #1: YPA has NOTHING, and I mean literally NOTHING to do with arm strength...LMAO at that comparison...

Cincy had the worst O line in footbally last year and a first year starter in Fitz with his top WR admittedly "checked out" and "dogging" it all year with NO running game of any kind until the final few games (games Fitz won mind you). Thats why his YPA was low.

Completion % and QB rating....once again, NOTHING to do with arm strength.

Funny thing is, Fitz showcased that arm strenght on the laser he hit on Evans for a TD and the incredible long throw to Evans on the 2 that was over turned (and it wasnt over turned because of the throw)...