I totally forgot about Fitzpatrick's

murra

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it hasn't. He finished the year strong last year with 3 wins in a row. That was his first significant action. I would say the jury is out on whether this guy can play as a number 1.

So, this is finishing the year "strong"?

vs. (8-8) Washington 16-29-209, 1TD

at (4-12) Cleveland 5-9-55, 1 TD (Played the full game)

vs.(2-14) KC 18-30-129

Looks like more of the same garbage if not worse. And it wasn't his first significant action. He started 12 games last year.

Fitz and Edwards are about the same age, so that shouldn't go in the comparison. Otherwise good post. I just can't blame the "young" thing anymore.

I can... There is only so much you can learn while sitting on the bench. You need real live action to learn the little things it takes to be a good QB.

I can... There is only so much you can learn while sitting on the bench. You need real live action to learn the little things it takes to be a good QB.

A better argument for starting Fitz could not have been made - Trance Checkwards is already in his 3rd year as an NFL starter, and still looks clueless.

Fitzpatrick threw for more yards in his first NFL start (310), than Trentative has EVER thrown for in his career! (this includes ALL years in the NFL, as well as ALL games played at Stanford)

And he did that in one half...his first half, ever.

Don't know much about him, other than yes - he does look like a clown...

Gary Patterson

What's he known for? The Bills really need a genius on offense, and QBs in particular - does Patterson fit that bill? Can you name one great NFL (or college) player that Patterson has developed?

Leach----a QB genius? That has developed great NFL players??

You mean like:

Kliff Klingsbury? (out of league)

Cody Hodges (Arena Jag)

B J Symons (Arena jag)

Sonnie Cumbie (ditto)

All had big numbers in Leach's pass-on-every-down-against-awful-teams offense. All unable to play in the NFL.

Leach is singularly unqualified as a serious candidate to coach an offense in the NFL.

Patterson, on the other hand, is a coach.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...61009/index.htm

"Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on November 27, 2005. Coming into the game in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace an injured Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick lead the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns. This made Fitzpatrick one of only five players who passed for 300 yards in their NFL debut. The others were Otto Graham, 346 yards (1950); Ed Rubbert, 334 (a replacement player for the Washington Redskins during the 1987 strike); Mark Rypien, 303 (1988), and Peyton Manning, 302 (1998)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Fitzpatrick

I was in Vegas watching that game. Put a bunch of money on the Rams, and was just going crazy when they came back and won in OT. The best thing about Fitz is that he is not AFRAID to throw it DOWN the field. I am excited to watch him play. There is always hope with a new guy. How excited would everyone on this board be if we are 4-4 going into the bye?

Guest dog14787
Actually it hasn't. He finished the year strong last year with 3 wins in a row. That was his first significant action. I would say the jury is out on whether this guy can play as a number 1.

I agree, the jury is still out and Fitz can play.

So, this is finishing the year "strong"?

vs. (8-8) Washington 16-29-209, 1TD

at (4-12) Cleveland 5-9-55, 1 TD (Played the full game)

vs.(2-14) KC 18-30-129

Looks like more of the same garbage if not worse. And it wasn't his first significant action. He started 12 games last year.

I with ya. Thats an average of 131 yds a game and 2/3 of a touchdown per game average in his "finish strong" win steak. Feel the Fitzpatrick fever.

This is my first post here. I usually post on the other message board. I'm not sure what to think about Fitzpatrick at the moment. The guy is 26 years old with only 15 starts. Edwards has around 29 starts I think. So there is still some upside. If he could just work on his accuracy he could be a good QB. When I saw him catch the Jets with too many men on the field with a quick snap I thought I was watching Manning. He is also willing to throw into double coverage. There was an article saying how he was changing to plays that wasn't even in the gameplan. That is amazing seeing as how this is his first year with the team and Edwards 3rd year with the team. Shouldn't Edwards do that? Anyways I don't know what to think because he is still young. Some people act like he has been in this league for 10+ years and hasn't done a thing. Some times all it takes is luck to find that QB. Fitz looks like he wants to win, and with him in the game the energy of the offense was different with him in.

welcom aboard! good catch. by the way, how come trent doesnt do that. manning does that at least once a game and they dont run the no huddle on every play like we are supposedly running. we should have witnessed trent do that at least 5+ times. but have we????

i'm with you writer 21, lets give fitz a shot.

And Carson Palmer was 0-4 on that same team.

Yeah, imagine that, the hurt Carson Palmer lead Bengals lost his four starts, AT NYG, AT BALT, AT DAL, and vs. Tennessee. Those four teams finished a combined 45-19 last year. Gee, I wonder why a hurt Palmer couldn't lead the Bungles to a better record than that, especially on the road for three of them.

And the totally made up of legend of Fitz continues on TBD, after the 5 quarter, 10-25, 116 yard, 13 point effort vs. the Jets in which he received 6 turnovers.

He's the answer. :wallbash:

Fitzpatrick threw for more yards in his first NFL start (310), than Trentative has EVER thrown for in his career! (this includes ALL years in the NFL, as well as ALL games played at Stanford)

wow. is this stat really true??? not sure. HOWEVER, if this is true, that is sad. the "check down" title would not really be a title, it would be part of his name. Checkdown "Trent" Edwards. there is also no real hope of him every turning into a kelly, warner, manning, etc... the loser that i am thought he would become.

I like Edwards. I am not a fan-boy, I simply think I have seen him make good decisions and good throws...before you go nuts and start spitting Natty Ice all over the place, I do not mean in recent games. I thought he looked good against NE, and TB. Then the Saints hit him a few good times and the wheels fell off. I think coaching should step in and try to "coach" him through hard times... Trent has never been afforded that benefit. I will say that some of his play lately has me second guessing him as the QB of the future for the Bills, like I was once sure of.

Fitz played well enough to keep us hanging around on Sunday. If he threw a pick 6, we're done. He loses a fumble that is returned...we're done. Thankfully he kept us in the game long enough for the Jets to lose it.

I keep reading "this team needs a complete overhaul...top to bottom" What the f#@k does that really mean? There are some great talents on this team. The team has no identity or direction through an obvious lack of leadership. This is Richard Jauron, and his staff. The reason we are not on the bottom of the "power rankings" that people put out is because we really have a team that began this season with a legitimate shot at the post-season.

I believe the "overhaul" is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. If we had an impact coach, we would be talking about the post-season. We may not be a Super Bowl team, but we would have a chance to dance. When you see Trent afraid to do things, this is trickle down from Richard and AVP. They are scared to take chances and lose and they cost our team, which could only win by taking and succeeding with these chances, the narrow victories. If you look at the lower seeds in the playoffs, and the teams that just missed. There is always a glaring discrepancy in winning close games and games against teams you "should" beat (read Browns.)

I like almost our entire defense...the starters, not the emergency crew. I think if you line up Maybin as a pass-rushing LB you start causing a lot of problems for a lot of teams. I think that our OL is going to become a force, it is learning, but you can still win by helping them learn. The guys possess the ability, just not the awareness...that comes from experience and COACHING. Trent has shown the ability to win and make good decisions, and I think he can do it again...I think he needs a little moral boost, not a coach that avoids him after a mistake, teammates that let him sit alone, while the 73,000 "fans" are screaming obscenities to the point of nearly stoking out in the stands.

If they overhaul this team we would kick ourselves...or go B word on the forum...for years about letting Lynch, Jackson, Poz, McKelvin, McGee, Mitchell, Shoebel, Whitner, Evans, Nelson (I predict good things,) and the list goes on, walk away. There are a lot of players that would shine in another uniform, but they are stuck in Western NY with fans that boo them, a coach that's most admirable quality is a lax camp (strength and conditioning related to injuries?)

Maybe I am just a homer, but I like the majority of this team, and before I run TE out of town, let's see how Fitzy holds up on Sunday. We should be able to run the ball all over Carolina, we just need to learn to run inside and outside. Maybe we pass on a "running" down...you know...make them guess.

So I am sorry if the post was rambling, but it hurts to go through this s#$t every year, as you well know...soap box is open.

Yeah, imagine that, the hurt Carson Palmer lead Bengals lost his four starts, AT NYG, AT BALT, AT DAL, and vs. Tennessee. Those four teams finished a combined 45-19 last year. Gee, I wonder why a hurt Palmer couldn't lead the Bungles to a better record than that, especially on the road for three of them.

And the totally made up of legend of Fitz continues on TBD, after the 5 quarter, 10-25, 116 yard, 13 point effort vs. the Jets in which he received 6 turnovers.

He's the answer. :rolleyes:

He wasn't hurt until well into game 3. Went 7-9 the year before with losses to such powerhouses as the Browns, KC, SF49s and, oh yeah, the Bills.

The point is not that CP is not a great QB. The point is simply that the team was not much good.

At least RFs 13 points were good enough to win a game for a change.

And it's been all downhill from there.

Do you know anything about Fitz? Seriously...

He has the equivalent on field experience of a QB barely in his second year...Werent you one of the guys saying Trent has struggled because he only had 2 years experience? Now Fitz has had less than that on teams much worse than ours...

He wasn't hurt until well into game 3. Went 7-9 the year before with losses to such powerhouses as the Browns, KC, SF49s and, oh yeah, the Bills.

The point is not that CP is not a great QB. The point is simply that the team was not much good.

At least RFs 13 points were good enough to win a game for a change.

Yup, but a little more on Palmer and this so called high power offense the Bengals allegedly had that Fitz worked with...

Palmer played deep into the fourth game, almost the entire game and had almost 40 passes attempts that fourth game.

He had 3 TD's, 4 INT's, and was sacked 11 times in essentially four games...that Bengals team was bad even with a proven guy like Palmer at the helm.

CJ even admitted he dogged it and "checked out" the whole season.

Add in no running game until the final 3 games (Which Fitz won) and you cant possibly be able to evaluate Fitz off that...

Yup, but a little more on Palmer and this so called high power offense the Bengals allegedly had that Fitz worked with...

Palmer played deep into the fourth game, almost the entire game and had almost 40 passes attempts that fourth game.

He had 3 TD's, 4 INT's, and was sacked 11 times in essentially four games...that Bengals team was bad even with a proven guy like Palmer at the helm.

CJ even admitted he dogged it and "checked out" the whole season.

Add in no running game until the final 3 games (Which Fitz won) and you cant possibly be able to evaluate Fitz off that...

Again, they played the Giants, Ravens, Titans and Cowboys in those games. They are the Bengals, those other teams were contenders. What the hell do you think was going to happen? And yes, he was 23-39 in that last game with 2 TD's and 1 pick. Not horrible. Fitz lined up with a guy that caught 90 plus balls (I think) and #85. Those two guys are better at 50% than Evans and Reed. And Edwards outdid Fitz. Marshawn was definately better than Chris Perry, but when the Bengals discovered Benson, Fitz's numbers in the three wins were still awful.

He's a BUM. Period. He's no more than a #2, and on most teams, he's probably not even a #2. He is not the answer. He's a garbage player. Period. This isn't even a controversy, this is a team with god awful #2 and #3 QB's and a starter that is regressing and scared to death for some reason.