What Happens To Roscoe Now?

H2o

He wasn't traded, he was a healthy scratch last week, he doesn't seem to want to be here, and the coaching staff has lost confidence in him. I was hoping he would be moved for a 5th or something instead of ending up being cut. Do you guys think that the FO was asking too much for him or is it just the matter of his contract, which seems to be too much for services rendered? Does he see the field again in a Bills' uni?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were asking too much for him. I would have traded him for something rather than cut him for nothing.

Or we can suck it up and utilize him like the Patriots use Welker

We should have traded him as soon as Marshawn came back so that Freddy could take over return duties. I know it may not seem like it now but he is buried in the WR depth chart, and I think the staff has wasted valuable time on Steve Johnson who needs to start seeing some more snaps. Too late now though, after those 2 miserable games he had (NO, MIA) no one wants him.

We were asking too much for him. I would have traded him for something rather than cut him for nothing.

maybe if he was as smart as Welker and knew how to run patterns and get open, maybe we could have. I have never understood the comparison to Welker.

Why do people keep saying this? Roscoe Parrish is not Wes Welker. Besides being short what in Roscoe's resume makes people believe that he's in Wes Welker's league?

I was thinking screens

Roscoe has had plenty of opportunities on WR screens and he just dances laterally and even backwards while never moving up the field.

:w00t:

yeah, because everybody knows he just as good!

or they could let him sit and rot for the rest of the year if Dick had balls he would be inactive for the remainder of the season

Some here have said that he makes 4 million per year. I do not know this to be true but no GM in his right mind would spend this kind of money on a tiny little gadget player, let alone give up a draft pick to do so.

That's absolutely the case.

Love how that, since we've been trying to trade him for awhile now, some people just assume it's because the FO is inept and they simply couldn't trade him for anything. At 4 mil per and very little to offer other than punt returns and the occassional gadget plays, it's no surprise at all that other GMs said no to even a 7th. That 7th is STILL more valuable than a 4mil, one trick pony. People forget to factor in his salary. Other GMs don't.

GO BILLS!!!

Love how that, since we've been trying to trade him for awhile now, some people just assume it's because the FO is inept and they simply couldn't trade him for anything.

GO BILLS!!!

The FO is inept. He never should have been given a contract like that, or drafted so high for that matter.

Love how that, since we've been trying to trade him for awhile now, some people just assume it's because the FO is inept and they simply couldn't trade him for anything. At 4 mil per and very little to offer other than punt returns and the occassional gadget plays, it's no surprise at all that other GMs said no to even a 7th. That 7th is STILL more valuable than a 4mil, one trick pony. People forget to factor in his salary. Other GMs don't.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, and he doesn't fit here anymore. He has not been much of a factor as a receiver and there are better ones than him to put on the field. We also have Hardy and Johnson who could prove to be good.

GMs know this, and that he just lost us (admittedly not singlehandedly) a football game. They know that he was not activated and that he is not worth a draft choice with all factors considerd.

He wasn't traded, he was a healthy scratch last week, he doesn't seem to want to be here, and the coaching staff has lost confidence in him. I was hoping he would be moved for a 5th or something instead of ending up being cut. Do you guys think that the FO was asking too much for him or is it just the matter of his contract, which seems to be too much for services rendered? Does he see the field again in a Bills' uni?

I would tell Fat Van Pelt to spend a few of his 96 hours per week to figure out how to implement this guy into our regular offense! He just wants to play wide receiver. Fine. Get him out there and let him play. His route running sucks? Then tell the WR coach to earn his freakin' money and teach the guy to run them! He has less then perfect hands? Then make the guy spend extra hours on the jugs machine day after day after day!

Roscoe Parrish has an asset, it is called speed. What do the Bills pay all those damn coaches for, if they cannot figure out how to coach up a talented football player to be able to contribute to the damn footbll team, after the front office decided to pay him good money?

And please, anyone who thinks the Bills should bury Roscoe on the bench because of his "bad attitude", grow up! Brandon Mashall got "punished" (in the preseason, when nothing counted) for his "bad attitude", but his talent demanded the rookie head coach to make sure he was on the football field for the opening regular season game for the Broncos.

So the Bills have "punished" Parrish for losing his focus on punt returns by sitting him out a week. Great, he learned his lesson, now get the guy back into the plans and figure out how to use him as a weapon on one of the most pathetic offenses in NFL history!! :w00t::w00t:

maybe if he was as smart as Welker and knew how to run patterns and get open, maybe we could have. I have never understood the comparison to Welker.

The Rhodes Scholar level analysis appears to be: They are both short. Therefore, Parrish = Welker.

Roscoe Parrish has an asset, it is called speed. What do the Bills pay all those damn coaches for, if they cannot figure out how to coach up a talented football player to be able to contribute to the damn footbll team, after the front office decided to pay him good money?

Is that you Al Davis?