2009 NFL Ticket Prices

ET1062

I came across this study today, if it has already been posted, I AM SORRY! No need to slap my paddies!

The average NFL ticket costs $75

The Bills by far have the lowest priced ticket at $51.25

I am so sick and tired of Ralph crying poor when he has underpriced his product, proof being that a horrible team sells out season after season.

If Ralph were to raise ticket prices by $20 across the board, we would still be below the leage average. Over the course of 10 games, yes ten, I am not counting Toronto, he would make an additional $15Million dollars. I am sorry to say this, but if the Buffalo community can not support a team at what would be below average prices, then maybe it is time for them to go. However, I think our community would support this as opposed to being held hostage year after year.

Here is a link to the study

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/News/nfl%20fci%202009.pdf

I came across this study today, if it has already been posted, I AM SORRY! No need to slap my paddies!

I am so sick and tired of Ralph crying poor when he has underpriced his product, proof being that a horrible team sells out season after season.

If Ralph were to raise ticket prices by $20 across the board, we would still be below the leage average. Over the course of 10 games, yes ten, I am not counting Toronto, he would make an additional $15Million dollars. I am sorry to say this, but if the Buffalo community can not support a team at what would be below average prices, then maybe it is time for them to go. However, I think our community would support this as opposed to being held hostage year after year.

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/News/nfl%20fci%202009.pdf

We do support the team at our ticket prices...what are you going on about?

Teams don't make their money off of ticket sales. If they do, it's off of their luxury boxes. This post, and your polemic are fairly irrelevant, as our ticket prices have no relation to the possibility of the team moving.

We do support the team at our ticket prices...what are you going on about?

Teams don't make their money off of ticket sales. If they do, it's off of their luxury boxes. This post, and your polemic are fairly irrelevant, as our ticket prices have no relation to the possibility of the team moving.

Of course we support our team at our ticket prices, but Ralph is constantly crying poor and moved games to Toronto for Xtra money. Raising prices $20 would raise 15 Million extra a year, not chump change. He claims our community is too poor and has to keep prices down. Well, that is his old stubborn opinion, I would much rather have my season tickets raised than constantly be reminded that this team might move.

The Bills sell out most games because they adjusted their ticket prices to what the market will bear. Over the past several seasons prior to this one, they tinkered with the prices. They raised the prices on some good selling seats, such as the lower-middle portion of the upper deck. They lowered the prices of tickets they were having problems selling, such as the upper corners of the upper deck. If they raised the prices by $20 across the board, that would raise the price per seat for season ticket holders either $160 or $180, depending on the Toronto schedule for that season. They would definitely sell fewer season tickets, and there's no way they would sell out all their games.

There are quite a few of us who purchase tickets and don't live in the area .... I pay 70 and @ 2 is 140.00 ..

Preseason is a wash so I'm out $280.00 (I give them away)

My brother and 2 other friends are in the same boat

I've supported this team since the mid 90's purchasing season tickets whether I used them or not and felt it was doable considering the tickets were a fair deal ... its gone from 38.00 to 70.00 for my seats and think thats enough

Of course we support our team at our ticket prices, but Ralph is constantly crying poor and moved games to Toronto for Xtra money. Raising prices $20 would raise 15 Million extra a year, not chump change. He claims our community is too poor and has to keep prices down. Well, that is his old stubborn opinion, I would much rather have my season tickets raised than constantly be reminded that this team might move.

You answered that in your own post. Instead of raising money he made a steal on Toronto... Honestly Bills can't have it both ways. I think financially, you're right...Ralph is crying poor...but its not him crying poor financially from the Bills, he's crying poor market. I believe that's toned down since the Toronto sale. He only really only complained since the Toronto sale is that he "had" to make the sale because of our market. It's all a move by Ralph to justify the Bills...I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Good for you. Now you just need to convince about 70,000 other people to think exactly like you.

Good luck.

Good for you. Now you just need to convince about 70,000 other people to think exactly like you.

Good luck.

It's not so much thinking like him, but being able to afford it. Ralph's right..they're not raising ticket prices because of the WNY economy. Sure, there's a lot of people who CAN afford to pay a lot more...but there's a lot of diehard fans who can't afford to pay much more. Ralph knows it and values all the fans, not just the wealthier ones

http://www.cowboystickets.com/parking.html

Dallas parking is $200.

Jerry Coke Jones has gone off the deep end... did you see the ticket price change... 80% jump or something like that. Does he have people from out-of-town help fill the seats? I know Dallas has money in the financials and oil but is there enough money there to fill his Gigantor stadium?

Ralph could charge $10.00 per ticket more across the board, I still think the stadium would sell out. The NFL has become this all-encompassing 365 day a year, 24/7 tv channel owning entertainment industry... by mid-February people are trying to get NFL booster shots on the level of R1N1. Hell of a racket.

We are the Clearance football team.

Yeah well enjoy your clearance while you can

I don't know if you have season tickets ... but for us folks who don'[t live in Buffalo and still support the team its because like myself, have roots that go back many generations (1800's) in Buffalo. Many many relatives now deceased with grave stones perched upon them in Buffalo including the one I inherited my season ticket seats from.

The Buffalo Bills are more than just a football team to me ... they represent a sigil of where I came from and the family I love

I have Relatives all over this country, Afghanistan, Iraq including Buffalo and our main tie is Buffalo NY and the G-d forsaken the Buffalo Bills .... and the Sabres.

It's not so much thinking like him, but being able to afford it. Ralph's right..they're not raising ticket prices because of the WNY economy. Sure, there's a lot of people who CAN afford to pay a lot more...but there's a lot of diehard fans who can't afford to pay much more. Ralph knows it and values all the fans, not just the wealthier ones

Please, oh please, step away from the sheep costume. Ralph is not a friend to the oppressed (eg Bills fans). Saint Ralph will charge what the market can bear. If he could charge Dallas prices and price out the riff raff, he would and no one could blame him. What I think most blame him for is his failure to lead a winning enterprise in a football sense.

Look, the Lions tickets are significantly higher than the Bills and they are in the poorest, most economically devestated city in the NFL---yet they still sell out games. So enough about poor poor Buffalo.

But anyway....The vast majority of Ralph's monthly nut is covered by the 120 mil he gets from the league every year. The tickets and merchandise are gravy. He clears tens of millions every year at his current prices. Why should he upset this golden goose?

If, by some miracle, and despite his neglect of the team, the Bills were to become a playoff contender, he would raise prices immediately----he understands simple economics. Diehard fans would gladly pay more and would resort to paying exorbitantly thru secondary markets to see the Bills headed to another playoff season.