Arnold May Terminate Environmental Review

judman

If Governor Schwarzenegger signs this exemption bill, it will streamline the process for stadium construction in LA. That makes a move easier. However the article mentions they want "quality football" in the area. Make what you will of that...

Link:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-be...l-64701932.html

It will be the Chargers who move, becoming the SoCal Chargers. But expect Al Davis to demand a territorial rights payment claiming L.A. still belongs to the Raiders.

PTR

If Governor Schwarzenegger signs this exemption bill, it will streamline the process for stadium construction in LA. That makes a move easier. However the article mentions they want "quality football" in the area. Make what you will of that...

Link:

If Arnold wants quality Football in the area, they are all set, they have USC.

I just read an article last night on CNNSi.com, Truth & Rumor section, dated Oct 17,2009, talking about the Chargers moving back to L.A....im trying to find it, but Im in class...City of Industry is rumored to be interested in an instate team and San D won't give the Chargers a new stadium.

Link:

The CA legislature presented him with this bill. You should modify your title about which CA entity wants termination...eh?

The CA legislature presented him with this bill. You should modify your title about which CA entity wants termination...eh?

When he signs it, my title will be just fine. Until then, a slight technicality.

Can you edit the title, once it is posted?

I just read an article last night on CNNSi.com, Truth & Rumor section, dated Oct 17,2009, talking about the Chargers moving back to L.A....im trying to find it, but Im in class...City of Industry is rumored to be interested in an instate team and San D won't give the Chargers a new stadium.

SD could cry about losing the Chargers but the team will be just up the road. If the Bills moved to Rochester, we'd B word but most of us would still make the drive. Besides the Chargers started in L.A. 50 years ago. I say do it.

PTR

When he signs it, my title will be just fine. Until then, a slight technicality.

Can you edit the title, once it is posted?

Yes, indeed, you as originator can edit the title. Just click on your original post, then hit the "edit" button.

No..not a "slight" technicality. Unless you have an agenda to protect the CA legislators who after years of environmental activitism and sticking it to employers and chasing them out of CA, now shut their eyes for the expediency of making a buck. ...do you?

Yes, indeed, you as originator can edit the title. Just click on your original post, then hit the "edit" button.

No..not a "slight" technicality. Unless you have an agenda to protect the CA legislators who after years of environmental activitism and sticking it to employers and chasing them out of CA, now shut their eyes for the expediency of making a buck. ...do you?

Good god no! Your preaching to the choir man.

Cavuto mentioned the story on foxnews this afternoon and used the word 'signed.' Granted that could have happened since the initial post.

Link:

Finally! Solid proof no one in CA is considering moving the Bills there.

"quality football" implies they don't want an expansion team. If Davis claims some sort of territorial rights, I would expect that to get laughed out of court. LA is almost 400 miles from Oakland, and nobody put a gun to his head and made him move the team back to Oakland when it was in LA.