A Few Thoughts About The Game

Carolina traded their 2010 1st rounder to SF (who picked one choice after the Bills took Byrd) in order to move up in the 2nd round to get Brown. it's thought that Buffalo could have made that same trade and still would have had the opportunity to take Byrd in the 3rd.
Of course the Bills traded their 3rd round pick to move up to take Levitre.

Carolina traded their 2010 1st rounder to SF (who picked one choice after the Bills took Byrd) in order to move up in the 2nd round to get Brown. it's thought that Buffalo could have made that same trade and still would have had the opportunity to take Byrd in the 3rd.

There was talk after the draft that there had been a couple of teams wanting to trade into that early 2nd round spot to take Byrd. I'm not sure how true that talk was, but the guy sure is a ballhawk.

Actually, this is not true. They were going to select Byrd right after us and said they wouldnt have traded the pick to Carolina for a first rounder if Byrd was still on the board.

The following is a late, lame attempt at my game analysis. Believe it or not, it takes a bit of effort to spew these rantings. School and a lingering medical issue (I will be fine) have been slowing me down but here goes nothing:

1) The performance of Fitzpatrick did not surprise me at all. He is a decent quarterback, and I hope he doesn't get killed. Lofty hopes indeed.

2) When Poz was drafted I was not all that impressed. To this day I have my doubts as to whether or not his body willl be able to stand up to the NFL. That said, this kid is a super talent. I root for him almost as much as I rooted for Speilmann. I deem him to be one of the best linebackers in the NFL. Seriously.

3) Sorry people but on one of those monster runs by Jones, Whitner was absolutely destroyed.

4) Did you people see the 1st quarter penalty against Wood? Holding? He pancaked his opponent. There was nothing even remotely close to a hold. That kid is going to be great, and do not sell Levitre short either.

5) Poor Trent. I mean this. Few of you might remember Chris Chandler. I always likened him to Trent. Chandler's numbers were great, but he had a "cardboard head" in terms of concussions. I think that his future as an NFL qb is in serious jeopardy. Each concussion gets worse, no? I hope that he comes back; I always liked the kid. He spared me from having to watch Losman who was also ruined, if indeed he ever had a chance to be good.

6) Chris Draft? I never heard of him and he is listed as 33 years old. THAT was what I call a sack.

7) OK....let's get to Byrd. I hated that pick. Good God we could have had the 2010 1st round pick from Carolina (who sucks). Is he worth a very probable top 10 pick? I am going with probably not but I would take him over Whitner any day of the week. Kudos to Alphadog who called him a "ball hawk."

8) When Jenkins went down, the jets turned into the Bills at DT. What would happen if Stroud gets injured? Kyle Williams is good. He even seems to improve on a week to week basis, but he will never be dominant. The Bills absolutely HAVE to draft DTs in 2010.

9) I haven't checked the numbers, but Schobel was a force in this game. It's hard to believe at his size, but he makes plays vs. the run.

10) Buffalo Bills fans deserved this victory. Congrats and best wishes to all who endure the insanity that is ours and plod ahead as loyal fans against all odds. No matter how shallow the victory, this week is ours.

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 :bag:

Post worthy of front page editorial if this was a Bills Backers rather than a Bills Bashers site most of the tme.

Nice summary. Not that it matters, but Brown was a second-round selection. And if he sucks, I'd hate to hear what you say about Maybin.

Maybin looks like he has great moves, but his size renders him a high risk pick. This will be great if he works out, but one must wonder if the Bills were in a position to take such risk.

We need OTs, DTs and LBs. I know, I know.....a QB. Sure, but my point is that too he will get ruined/killed without blocking. First things first.

Please know that your weekly posts are very much appreciated on a weekly basis....I always look forward to reading them, and based on a thread earlier today, I am not the only one.....keep up the good work and hope you feel better soon

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=99220

I look for your weekly rants Bill and I enjoy them tremendously. They are insightful and to the point, no bs there.

Thanks again! :D

Steve in patsies* land :unsure:

The pancake by Wood was a thing of beauty. He blew the DL 5 yards back and onto his ass. I have no clue what the refs were smoking to call that a hold. Lets hope for many more of those in the coming years.

Even the announcers who usually sugarcoat bad calls called it a terrible call.

Even the announcers who usually sugarcoat bad calls called it a terrible call.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Fouts said the ref's were seeing things. Actually it was nice to listen to Fouts and Enberg, a couple of guys who know football. They both could not believe that there was no call on the RTP that knocked Trent out.

2) I know this that is also on other threads, but does Jackson make a decision and hit the hole quicker than Lynch? It seems like Lynch runs side to side more than upfield. Or, is it just that the D sees Lynch and strings him out better than Jackson?

I love Jackson's play, but there were several times yesterday where he ran sideways and couldn't cut inside, and was stopped for no gain.