Buffalo's soon to be new head coach

finish the season out. It has been possibly revealed unto me the other day that this could possibly be Buffalo's new head coach at seasons end. At this time I will not reveal my source in case I have it wrong. So, please do not ask.

Darrell Bevell Offensive Coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings.

As new blood has sometimes to be placed in places, this is the fresh young face Buffalo needs to begin to secure the future.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/darrel...e6-956773a7b83e

If the link does not work, please copy and paste and I apologize if so.

Wrong Viking Coordinator....go for Leslie Frazier. Buffalo is a cold weather team that should focus on a smash mouth defense. Get rid of this Tampa 2 BS and run what Minnesota runs. Sure Maybin may be smaller, but I think a guy like Frazier could run some schemes to make him almost as useful as Jared Allen is to the Vikes...

...a man can dream can't he?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am incredibly skeptical about retread head coaches and any coordinator becoming a 1st time head coach with the Bills at this point. There simply has been too much failure by gambling on cheaper coaching just so that Ralph can half @$$ the front office so that he can pocket some more cash.

In good news...living here in DC, on the local sports radio today it was reported that Shanahan once again turned down the Redskins offer to be the head coach.

Hope springs eternal...

The Cowboys probably won in spite of him. He ran a very easy camp and in season practices (sort of like DJ). This was a source of serious confrontation with T. Aikman, a true professional and a perfectionist, who couldn't stand him. Most other players thought he was a bit of a joke too, though again (sort of like DJ) people liked him personally.

SO. Let me get this straight. People are saying the Cowboys player TALENT won that super bowl not the COACH?

Food for thought eh?

Of all the names that get thrown around, the only one I would have hope with is Cowher. He's the only coach out there that consistently put his team in a position to win a championship on a consistent basis. One would only hope Dick Lebeau would come back with him.

Schottenheimer insists he wouldn't come back to coaching. I know some of us want him to replace Jauron, but when he lost that first playoff game the billboard would go right back up. Admit it.

Shanahan was brilliant when he had Elway. Good teams after that, but nothing to write home about.

Gruden, same thing. Rode Gannon to the SuperBowl and the original Tampa 2 and the last great Brad Johnson year to a championship, otherwise, not great either.

Fassel? Dennis Green? I admit they're better pros but could they coach AND build a team from the front office.

Only Cowher seems like someone who could do all that. Either throw 10 million at him or hope you get lucky with the next bright young assistant or Perry Fewell.

Sounds like your saying having a good QB is a great ingredient for a super bowl recipe and that a good QB makes the coach not the other way around.

I don't care what kind of season he's having now. I would be for that. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery

One name...Albert Haynesworth. Their entire defense AND offensive game plan was based around that monster destroying opposing offensive lines and run game. Shut em down with D pound them into submission with the O. Can't do that without Albert.

One name...Albert Haynesworth. Their entire defense AND offensive game plan was based around that monster destroying opposing offensive lines and run game. Shut em down with D pound them into submission with the O. Can't do that without Albert.

You're also underestimating the loss of Jim Schwartz to Detroit....losing a quality D-coordinator like that can really hurt a team.

The guy we want - even if it means hiring him as our OC and waiting for Jauron to step aside, is...

Published: Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Daily Toreador

LINCOLN, Neb. — Since coach Mike Leach’s arrival nine years ago, Texas Tech’s identity has been synonymous with one word: offense.

That may change soon enough, with the new word being balance. It was the Red Raider defense that stole the show and bailed out Leach’s air-raid offense, racking up five sacks, a fumble returned for a touchdown and two turnovers in a 31-10 upset victory against then-No. 15 Nebraska Saturday at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Neb.

“I thought whichever team our defense played for was gonna win the game,” Leach said. “We have black shirts here at Texas Tech too. Every one of our guys is wearing a black shirt underneath their pads there. I’m proud to say the blackshirts won this one.”

Link - Tech’s defense steps up in win over Nebraska; Red Raiders jump to No. 21

You knew this one was coming. But I have to admit Senator, you are even beginning to convince me on this idea. :unsure:

SO. Let me get this straight. People are saying the Cowboys player TALENT won that super bowl not the COACH?

Food for thought eh?

The system was in place, ever thought of that?

Gee, and I wonder, what happened to that team a couple years after the won the super bowl, hmmmm

Sort of reminds me of Norv Turner and what he did with the Chargers :unsure:

Wrong Viking Coordinator....go for Leslie Frazier. Buffalo is a cold weather team that should focus on a smash mouth defense. Get rid of this Tampa 2 BS and run what Minnesota runs. Sure Maybin may be smaller, but I think a guy like Frazier could run some schemes to make him almost as useful as Jared Allen is to the Vikes...

...a man can dream can't he?

The Vikings play more cover-2 than the Bills, it seems. Especially since they're used to playing with leads. It'd be nice to have the horses they have up front, though. Makes a lot of things work better.

GO BILLS!!!

We need a proven HEAD coach.

Which means what? A name everyone recognizes? Shannahan? Holmgren? Martz? You do realize that some of these guys flamed out horribly in their last jobs, right? But we all tend to gloss over such details. Meanwhile most of the new coach hires in the NFL are first-time head coaches and guys liek McDaniels, Sparrano, Childress are doing pretty well.

So what does this prove? That hiring a name coach guarantees nothing. You have to hire someone who is going to be good. How do you know who is good? If I knew I'd be an NFL GM. And sadly, no one at One Bills Drive knows either.

PTR

The system was in place, ever thought of that?

Gee, and I wonder, what happened to that team a couple years after the won the super bowl, hmmmm

Sort of reminds me of Norv Turner and what he did with the Chargers :unsure:

Ah, so SYSTEMS not coaches or players win super bowls?

you mean the team he inherited from Jimmy Johnson and then went on to dismantle them?

The question was pretty straightforward, Magox...

Who's the last college coach to have any success going straight into an NFL head coaching position?

Now I could have answered Bobby Ross, or John Robinson, but someone certainly would have argued that they at least had a stint in the NFL as an assistant eraser-clapper or whatever, before returning to the college ranks. So I gave you Barry Switzer - and hey, he could have crashed and burned immediately but led his team to a Superbowl title instead, which should immediately quash the argument that a coach can't go directly from the college ranks to the NFL.