Injury update from ESPN......

Tom

On injury news, the Bills didn't have an update on quarterback Trent Edwards other than to confirm he suffered a concussion in the second quarter. Edwards also had a concussion last year, but it occurred one week before Buffalo's bye, and he didn't miss a game.

Bills safety Donte Whitner, who missed two games because of thumb surgery, left early with an ankle injury. Tight end Shawn Nelson had a concussion and defensive tackle Kyle Williams injured a shoulder.

Another headbanger for Trent - as if his head needed something else clouding it. He has never been the same since the last one. Get him a clipboard to hold.

I'm now starting to wonder if the 2008 concussion have had a lot to do with his on-the-field indecisions, possibly combined with the coaches telling him to play it safe.

This is really bad news for Trent.

Kyle Williams has emerged as a bonafide, starting DT in the league. Albeit quitely-on a bad team- he is a leader who has come into his own. Yes, it helps having Stroud play next to him, but he's become a stand alone stud for us. I hope his injury isn't too bad and he doesn't miss any time.

You know what I love: with all these rules the NFL has made to protect the quarterback, and all the roughing the passer penalties we have had called on opposing defenses this year, the refs don't throw the flag on this play, when they actually roughed the passer!

You know what I love: with all these rules the NFL has made to protect the quarterback, and all the roughing the passer penalties we have had called on opposing defenses this year, the refs don't throw the flag on this play, when they actually roughed the passer!

Fouts mentioned that as well on the broadcast yesterday--I guess if you're not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning they don't throw the flag. What a joke....

Fouts mentioned that as well on the broadcast yesterday--I guess if you're not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning they don't throw the flag. What a joke....

They clearly missed the call on the field but I think the NFL will fine Calvin Pace.

Another headbanger for Trent - as if his head needed something else clouding it. He has never been the same since the last one. Get him a clipboard to hold.

i guess you didnt watch the guy who replaced trent when he went down. if you want to watch that guy play the rest of the year then you are totally clueless.

as mark kelso just said there is no QB controversy and fitz wont make one think of joe namath but he threw one good pass that was important the slant to evans for a TD which was all evans anyway.

"get him a clipboard "if you think that then you need to attend the classes the bills offer for wives of bills football fans to teach them about football.

if edwards plays that game yesterday we beat the jets by 2 TD's

fans like you are a joke we loose our QB who was playing well(5 for 5) and you make stupid jokes great freaking fan looser.

couldnt agree more i do however think there will be fines handed out this week on the hit on trent.

he was clearly down and on his both knees when both those !@#$s came over the top elbows flying!

At least the play got Dick riled up. Did you see him on the sidelines screaming at the refs for blowing the call?

me neither

couldnt agree more i do however think there will be fines handed out this week on the hit on trent.

he was clearly down and on his both knees when both those !@#$s came over the top elbows flying!

You play until the whistle right? It was a rough hit, bad timing etc. but the fact that he was on his knees put his noggin in the wrong place at the wrong time. A fine might be handed down because it was the QB, but really not malicious or dirty IMO.

You play until the whistle right? It was a rough hit, bad timing etc. but the fact that he was on his knees put his noggin in the wrong place at the wrong time. A fine might be handed down because it was the QB, but really not malicious or dirty IMO.

Agreed. I didn't think it was a dirty hit or a hit intended to injure, just part of the game. Some of these roughing the passer penalties are completely asinine though when they barely touch the quarterback, yet on a play where the quarterback gets absolutely clobbered we get nothing. It's backwards. I don't think Pace will or should get fined, all I wanted was the roughing the passer call. It quite literally added insult to injury.

i guess you didnt watch the guy who replaced trent when he went down. if you want to watch that guy play the rest of the year then you are totally clueless.

as mark kelso just said there is no QB controversy and fitz wont make one think of joe namath but he threw one good pass that was important the slant to evans for a TD which was all evans anyway.

"get him a clipboard "if you think that then you need to attend the classes the bills offer for wives of bills football fans to teach them about football.

if edwards plays that game yesterday we beat the jets by 2 TD's

fans like you are a joke we loose our QB who was playing well(5 for 5) and you make stupid jokes great freaking fan looser.

You mean the QB that got our offense it's first offensive TD in the previous 126 plays? Do you mean the QB that once preseason is over held a clip board for the starter and gets no time with the 1's in practice and no significant reps and still utilized his WRs? Are we talking about the guy that didn't "take on the personality of his coach" and wasn't "coached to play it safe" and showed balls and took chances made mistakes and more importantly had successes all in all?

Yep I think we are talking about that guy. It was nice to see Trent complete a few passes but now it pisses me off because those from the Trent Sack Swinger Club will point to this as some sort of imaginary proof that Trent grew some balls and pulled his head out of his ass and was magically going to start throwing the ball over 7 yards in the air more frequently and get the team in the end zone. *sheesh*

:lol: I was thinking the same thing, and so was Dan Fouts. Anybody think that same type of sack against Brady, either Manning or Brees would not have had every ref throwing their flags at the same time? I think the refs really are biased sometimes. Especially if the NFL fines one or both of those Jets after the "no-call' fact. :P

I do give the refs credit for calling the holding penalty against Hartstock - that was one ballsy call against the home team at the worst possible time, and most likely saved the game for the Bills. :lol:

You mean the QB that got our offense it's first offensive TD in the previous 126 plays? Do you mean that QB that once preseason is over hold a clip board for the starter and gets no time with the 1's in practice and no significant reps? Are we talking about the guy that didn't "take on the personality of his coach" and wasn't "coached to play it safe"?

Yep I think we are talking about that guy. It was nice to see Trent complete a few passes but now it pisses me off because those from the Trent Sack Swinger Club will point to this as some sort of imaginary proof that Trent grew some balls and pulled his head out of his ass and was magically going to start throwing the ball over 7 yards in the air more frequently and get the team in the end zone. *sheesh*

good one~ :P