Anyone watch AFC Playbook on NFLN

Estro

Facts:

The Bills can't block 4 pass rushers and sometimes struggle with a 3 man rush.

The Bills can't run effectively against 7 man fronts.

The Bills take penalties that constantly put them in difficult down/distance situations.

The Bills have not shown the ability to consistently form a legitimate pocket all year.

The Bills opponents regularly drop 7-8 guys into coverage cuz they know they have nothing to fear up front.

The Bills offense is one of hte very worst coached in the NFL.

Yet all these facts combined account for only 5% of the Bills offensive problems?!?!

I'm sorry and mean no offense but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.

Yes, because Bill Cowher was an undisputed master of QB management. :P:w00t: :w00t:

Quoted for truth.

and response to last post. TE/AVP was calling roll outs last week to buy time.

Right now, you can't judge any quarterback including Mannings, Brady, or Brees behind this line.

This is silly. He was perfectly comfortable with benching Losman for Edwards and then bringing Losman back as a starter. It also looks like he is scrapping the no huddle.

In his first year, he adjusted the defense to more man in order to better utilize Clements' talents.

Get off Jauron's nut sack dude......

If he was comfy in benching JP who clearly sucked, why cant he do it with Trent...who clearly sucks as well.

Watch any of the upper-tier QB's and the first thing you'll notice is they all have pocket presence, the ability to step up or slide in the pocket.

That might be the second thing you notice. The first thing you notice is that they have an actual pocket.

And when they don't they are not effective. Well except maybe for Big Ben.

and response to last post. TE/AVP was calling roll outs last week to buy time.

They did indeed.

And it still didn't work because the Tackles can't block anybody. :P

Right now, you can't judge any quarterback including Mannings, Brady, or Brees behind this line.

Quoted for truth back at ya'.

And before the knee-jerkers start yapping about how I good I'm saying Trent is, I'm not. I'm just agreeing that nobody could perform behind that OLine and trying to evaluate Edwards right now is an exercise in futility.

So they show 3 plays that illustrate their point (out of 60-70) and that's definitive? Plays are like stats - they can pick whatever they want to say what they want to say. I've seem those guys use different plays from the same game to make 2 opposing points.

Not that Trent has been good the last few weeks...

Go to a game and watch it for yourself! He misses guys all of the time and he is the offense's biggest problem. For some reason TO was able to get open on other teams. Lee Evans used to get open for JP (WHO SUCKS). Face facts, Trent is a head case who can't throw downfield.

Facts:

The Bills take penalties that constantly put them in difficult down/distance situations.

The Bills have not shown the ability to consistently form a legitimate pocket all year.

The Bills opponents regularly drop 7-8 guys into coverage cuz they know they have nothing to fear up front.

Yet all these facts combined account for only 5% of the Bills offensive problems?!?!

I'm sorry and mean no offense but that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.

I disagree.

1. the pass blocking has not been great but alot of these sacks are due to TE's deficiencies. Holding the ball, to slow in his reads, not seeing open recievers.

2. for the first three or four games we were near the top of rushing offense

3. I'll give you the penalties, no argument there

4. While there have been a number of breakdowns in protection, Trent has to assume a fair share of the responsibilities for the sacks

5. They do this because Trent has struggled mightly with this type of coverage in the past. No fault of the O line, he juts has trouble finding the open man and refuses to air it out to let his receivers make a play. He instead tries to force the ball into coverage over the middle which leads to tip's and picks.

6. Again no arguments here but is it a case of trying to make things so simple "even Trent" can figure it out.

DJ and TE need to move on, and let the Bills move on as well. I'm tired of seeing rookie and 2nd year QB's out perform him by a wide margin. TE semed to have potential early on but I think he is gun shy now and will never be truely effective until he has a dominating Oline to give him a nice comfort zone. Unfortunately that may be 2 or 3 years down the road, and Trents successor will reap the Bennies.

I disagree.

1. the pass blocking has not been great but alot of these sacks are due to TE's deficiencies. Holding the ball, to slow in his reads, not seeing open recievers.2 seconds in the pocket is not long enough. on the rare occasion of him having the time, he thinks he is about to get crushed

2. for the first three or four games we were near the top of rushing offensebecause a line can run block it doesn't mean a line can pass block. See Jason Peters last year

3. I'll give you the penalties, no argument there none here either

4. While there have been a number of breakdowns in protection, Trent has to assume a fair share of the responsibilities for the sacks yes he needs to get rid of the ball before he takes the 5th step in his dropbacl :P

5. They do this because Trent has struggled mightly with this type of coverage in the past. No fault of the O line, he juts has trouble finding the open man and refuses to air it out to let his receivers make a play. He instead tries to force the ball into coverage over the middle which leads to tip's and picks. Actually it usually that LE and TO are double covered, the line breaks down and Big Head Fred is open up the middle for a 2 yard gain.

6. Again no arguments here but is it a case of trying to make things so simple "even Trent" can figure it out.

DJ and TE need to move on, and let the Bills move on as well. I'm tired of seeing rookie and 2nd year QB's out perform him by a wide margin. TE semed to have potential early on but I think he is gun shy now and will never be truely effective until he has a dominating Oline to give him a nice comfort zone. Unfortunately that may be 2 or 3 years down the road, and Trents successor will reap the Bennies. agree with this but no QB succeeds without a decent line.

the only type of offense this line is suited for is the Triple option offense. This line can only pass block against a high school JV team.

Get off Jauron's nut sack dude......

If he was comfy in benching JP who clearly sucked, why cant he do it with Trent...who clearly sucks as well.

Dude, I want the guy gone, but not for bs that's not true. Heck, I even want Trent benched, but I don't think Dick is refusing to bench Trent because Dick is worried about looking bad.

So they show 3 plays that illustrate their point (out of 60-70) and that's definitive? Plays are like stats - they can pick whatever they want to say what they want to say. I've seem those guys use different plays from the same game to make 2 opposing points.

I was at the game and saw the same thing they showed on film multiple times every single quarter. The 3 plays they featured on the show were not the only 3 plays Edwards missed guys downfield, believe me, I saw it with my own eyes.

For arguments sake though, even if it was only though 3 plays (all 3rd down plays) that's reason enough for complaint. If he converts 2 of those 3 to wide open receivers downfield that extends 2 of our offensive drives. Right there alone your looking at a 5 minute swing of possession at a minimum betwwen the bills and Browns.

Don't forget too the offense may haven taken 60-70 snaps, but Trent had 31 pass attempts. So it's not like 3/31 is by any means a tiny percentage. and liek I said there mere multiple other times when Edwards missed guys who were open downfield. I'd say it was probably closer to 6-8 plays where he blatantly missed open guys.

Facts:

Yes, because Bill Cowher was an undisputed master of QB management. :P:w00t: :w00t:

Go rewatch the Packers Vikings Monday Night game from a couple weeks back. You'll see a QB who with no run game, an above average amount of penalties going against him, and a terrible offensive line (sacked 8 times that game) continue to keep his eyes downfield and make plays. In fact as poorly as his team played that day he had his team in the game late in the game and that was against a Vikings team that night that played lights out. Like the other poster suggested, a good QB makes plays despite the limitations surrounding him.

Theres no argument that the rest of our offense has struggled, but Edwards IMO is the biggest problem of all.

Go rewatch the Packers Vikings Monday Night game from a couple weeks back. You'll see a QB who with no run game, an above average amount of penalties going against him, and a terrible offensive line (sacked 8 times that game) continue to keep his eyes downfield and make plays. In fact as poorly as his team played that day he had his team in the game late in the game and that was against a Vikings team that night that played lights out. Like the other poster suggested, a good QB makes plays despite the limitations surrounding him.

Theres no argument that the rest of our offense has struggled, but Edwards IMO is the biggest problem of all.

Precisely. How often has Trent made a play at a critical point in the game? When has he ever elevated the performance of the players around him? Yes, the Oline looks bad. But that does not excuse the completely inept play from Trent. The guy doesn't even attempt passes. At least try. But no, 3rd and long, 4th and long and we still get checkdowns.

Screw it. It's pointless to argue :P

Dude, I want the guy gone, but not for bs that's not true. Heck, I even want Trent benched, but I don't think Dick is refusing to bench Trent because Dick is worried about looking bad.

He's not benching Trent because he doesn't make that decision. Ralph does. Until Ralph tells DJ to bench him, nothing will happen. Are you guys new here? Ralph has always made these decisions for this team.

Trent is done. Sure you can blame half a dozen other things, but the guy just does NOT have it. Fans crucified JP despite having less around him, and it's amazing how far a rep (in this case Trent's TD drive against the Patriots on his first-ever series in the NFL as a rookie) can take you.

Basically it seems like Jauron is content to go down with Trent at the helm. After the god-awful performances the past 3 weeks, there can be no other conclusion.

Trent is done. Sure you can blame half a dozen other things, but the guy just does NOT have it. Fans crucified JP despite having less around him, and it's amazing how far a rep (in this case Trent's TD drive against the Patriots on his first-ever series in the NFL as a rookie) can take you.

Basically it seems like Jauron is content to go down with Trent at the helm. After the god-awful performances the past 3 weeks, there can be no other conclusion.

If you gonna go down go down swinging I say..... make a QB change if by the bye week Trent shows no more progress.

More proof that Jauron is a wuss.

LMAO...what do you expect the NFLN to do? Do you want them to show you 100 plays? I mean how much time do you think they have?

They chose a few plays to make their point...if it were just a few plays Trent did this on, it wouldnt have been reported on. But Trent does this ALL THE TIME and has been since last year. It takes some hardcore, coke bottle thick, rose colored glasses to not see it for yourself.

Absolutely he is 95% of the problem. Jim Kelly said the same thing watching the coaches film as well...he said it very nicely b/c he really likes Trent as aperson and said he is really a great person but said in the last few games the plays are there. The receivers are open, he has the time to throw etc......

DJ also implied that as well in the press conference. If I was DJ I would have a VERY short leash today on Edwards and just pull him if he pulls the same pathetic performance he has for about one full season now.