Richard Seymour

bills_fan

• Oh the irony. Only five games after giving up a first-round pick to New England for defensive tackle Richard Seymour(notes), the Raiders are toying with the idea of trading Seymour again, even if they don’t get as much in return, according to a source with the organization. All of this begs the now-eternal question: When will Al Davis realize he can’t do it anymore and give up control of the football operations? I know, I know, never. But I have to ask.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aheb...o&type=lgns

Step it up Bills! I give a 2nd and a 4th easy, and then I give him the big contract and put him next to Stroud. You know he's going to be motivated to play NE 2xs a year. And he's been very good for Oakland. This is the type of guy you go and get. This would enable you to use your 1st rounder on a LT or QB while also bolstering your D. There is no downside here save the usual injuries. GET IT DONE!

Step it up Bills! I give a 2nd and a 4th easy, and then I give him the big contract and put him next to Stroud. You know he's going to be motivated to play NE 2xs a year. And he's been very good for Oakland. This is the type of guy you go and get. This would enable you to use your 1st rounder on a LT or QB while also bolstering your D. There is no downside here save the usual injuries. GET IT DONE!

Al and Ralph both need to hang it up. They can't do it anymore.....

The Bills problem isn't their defensive interior. Now if you wanted to trade Ralph for Al straight up, then it's a deal!

Right, it's not like Buffalo traded for Marcus Stroud or signed TO.

Or do those moves for quality players not count?

Sorry, your right. They make a lot of moves. Are you forgetting about the raiding of other teams practice squads.

No.

I think he will end up being a member of the Jets, honestly. :wallbash: I'd be all for us making this move though. The guy just turned 30 and is still one of the best in the game at DT or as a 3-4 DE. Hopefully next year we'll be running a new defensive scheme anyway.

Firstly, Seymour is a prototype 3-4 end. He doesn't fit here and until Jauron is replaced, we don't know who will be coaching the defense and what sort of scheme that person will run. Why pay a high price for a piece that's getting old and might not fit our future? Very bad idea.

Secondly, Seymour is in the last year of his contract.

Thirdly, if you buy the idea that the Bills need to be torn down and rebuilt (again) acquiring someone like Seymour makes no sense. Unless you are delusional, there is nothing the Bills are playing for this year. This season is virtually down the drain.

There will hopefully be a regime change. It is absurd to think about acquiring players (Seymour, Quinn) now until the new regime is in place.

If anything, the Bills should be sellers right now, not buyers. Any new coach GM would be happy to have a slew of mid-round picks at their disposal.

The Bills problem isn't their defensive interior. Now if you wanted to trade Ralph for Al straight up, then it's a deal!

Really? I think permitting over 200 running yards in 2 out of the last 3 games and having very little interior pressure on the QB qualifies as a problem.

Plus, the guy could play end in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.

No.

Insightful.

I'd take him in a heartbeat provided you work out a long term deal first. He claims to have been a big Raider fan, but I don't think he was too eager to move his family out west. He can play both positions on the line and is a legit sized defender and probably has 5 years minimum left.

Think he'd relish the chance to play the Pats twice a year?

What a wreck that is over in Oakland. We have it bad too but they have it worse.

Not necessarily. Whacky Al may be a lot louder than the more reclusive Ralph, but RW is just as destructive as lunatic Al is in his involvement with his team. I'm sure even lunatic Al had to get a chuckle out of old Ralph when he elevated his marketing guru to be is COO of the football operations. :wallbash:

Not necessarily. Whacky Al may be a lot louder than the more reclusive Ralph, but RW is just as destructive as lunatic Al is in his involvement with his team. I'm sure even lunatic Al had to get a chuckle out of old Ralph when he elevated his marketing guru to be is COO of the football operations. :unsure:

Lunatic Al laughs at everything. Especially death.

I live out here in LA and we still get deluged with Raider stuff. You do not want Al. Ralphy-boy has his issues but Al is way, way worse.