Derrick Johnson

qwksilver

Why is he not in a Bills uniform yet? Our Lb corps have been decimated, he would be an upgrade right now and with the right coaching may use some of that potential he still has.

Parrish and a 3rd?

Thoughts.

Why is he not in a Bills uniform yet? Our Lb corps have been decimated, he would be an upgrade right now and with the right coaching may use some of that potential he still has.

Parrish and a 3rd?

Thoughts.

What makes you think anyone will take Parrish? Not many Bills have trade value right now.

Trade Roscoe for him NOW if i see roscoe take another kick return i will kill myself.

Chiefs linebacker on trading block?Views 6798 Comments 21 06:20 AM ET 10.13 Share Print It My T&R Derrick Johnson, the former first-rounder of the Chiefs, must be in the dog house. He never seems to find the field for the Chiefs, and last year he was one of their better players. I'm sure he's available for trade if a team is looking for a fast-flowing backer.

National Football Post

This would be great addition. Mitchell is gone for a long time and who knows how he will be after the recovery. Johnson fits the cover 2 perfectly and would be a huge sign at this point. It may take him a couple of weeks to get the system then Poz would be back in the middle and he can sit on the outside. NO BRAINER HERE.

Parrish and a 3rd?

Thoughts.

I agree.

But I worry that Parrish's current deal makes it difficult to move him since he is unproven as a receiver. NOT saying he can't do it, but so far, at the NFL level, he has either not been allowed to showcase it or is not being passed to.

So, most likely it would require a draft pick (as you mentioned). I think a 3rd would be fair since we took him with a 2nd, and the salary relief and perhaps proven player at LB would be two birds with one stone.

But, as has been the history of John Guy and the Bills, I bet Pat Thomas is coming back.

Isn't the old, beat up Zach Thomas a Free Agent as well?

I'd even be looking at trading Owens to another team for another team need (offensive line).

No, this Bills team will most likely do things on the cheap and bring back Pat Thomas.

I think the trade deadline is over so they would both have to pass through waivers for the trade to go through.

They have until 10/20 @ midnight. Sure hope the fax machine is turned on and working properly. I heard the FO had issues in the past with this newfangled type of office machinery.

Why trade for a player who will be available after the season, especially when his presence won't help the team (read: the offense and ST's)?

I was unaware he will be a FA, if that's the case the asking price should be much lower. we could still make the trade but it would depend upon a deal w Johnson. This would be cheaper to do now than if he became a FA.

Parrish and a 3rd?

Thoughts.

I would take him, not sure anyone wants parrish though

link: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/13/c...s-lb-available/

I have been saying the Bills should trade for DJ since week one when Poz went down. If the Bills were a competant org. they would have traded for him BEFORE the Buggs and Mitchell injuies. Dont hold you breath for anything.

I was also waiting for a Tony Ugoh trade. He was bench in Indy but was starting Sunday night after an injury. He was a good option at LT but I dont think so anymore. Trade for DJ before the Chiefs have an injury and he finds himself starting again...

They have until 10/20 @ midnight. Sure hope the fax machine is turned on and working properly. I heard the FO had issues in the past with this newfangled type of office machinery.

Although the Bills may have had problems with the fax machine in the past, I hadn't heard of it. Now the Sabres on the other hand........................