ESPN Insider: TO a fit in Chicago?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be very little. TO's old, on a 1-year deal (which actually is probably a positive at this point), and has done nothing on the field so far. Anyone trading for him is banking on the likelihood of Edwards royally sucking.

On the plus side, TO has shown signs that he might keep his mouth shut all year, which would be a selling point to a prospective buyer. Given how bad the QB play has been the past 3 weeks, I think most people are probably surprised that TO hasn't blown up on Edwards yet, either on the sideline or to the press.

Here is what is says:

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Bills might want to consider what the market would offer for Terrell Owens.

It makes a lot of sense for the Bills to dangle T.O., he notes. Owens is in the last year of a one-year, $6.5 million contract. If Buffalo were to trade Owens, they could get back a mid-round draft pick for a player who will be free to walk away from the organization after this season in a year when the Bills are no longer viewed as a playoff contender.

What's more, the Bills would save about two-thirds of his salary -- over $4 million, a nice tidy sum for a franchise that has looked for alternative ways to generate revenue (and he's already helped them sell-out for the rest of the year). Schefter believes it would take a playoff-caliber team that needed a wide receiver to help make this trade work. But a team such as Chicago, which could use a play-making wide receiver to help unseat the first-place Minnesota Vikings, might find it worthwhile to part with a mid-round pick for an offensive playmaker that can help make a difference this season.

Here is what is says:

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Bills might want to consider what the market would offer for Terrell Owens.

It makes a lot of sense for the Bills to dangle T.O., he notes. Owens is in the last year of a one-year, $6.5 million contract. If Buffalo were to trade Owens, they could get back a mid-round draft pick for a player who will be free to walk away from the organization after this season in a year when the Bills are no longer viewed as a playoff contender.

What's more, the Bills would save about two-thirds of his salary -- over $4 million, a nice tidy sum for a franchise that has looked for alternative ways to generate revenue (and he's already helped them sell-out for the rest of the year). Schefter believes it would take a playoff-caliber team that needed a wide receiver to help make this trade work. But a team such as Chicago, which could use a play-making wide receiver to help unseat the first-place Minnesota Vikings, might find it worthwhile to part with a mid-round pick for an offensive playmaker that can help make a difference this season.

This makes a lot of sense if there's anything to it. This season is gone, and I think T.O. would go for a trade to Chicago. The Bills need to stockpile picks and getting rid of T.O. is the right move for all parties. Ralph would be very pleased with the cost savings. Think he'd pass any cost recoupment back to season ticket holders?

So we could trade T.O. for another smallish DB from a Big 10/PAC 10 school? Ooh, I'm in.

He was the only decent receiving threat on the field yesterday too. He should have had a TD if Edwards throws a decent pass. But the tickets have been sold; he can go. I don't know about you, but the thought of drafting a mediocre guard or safety in the late fourth round is too appealing to resist.

He was the only decent receiving threat on the field yesterday too. He should have had a TD if Edwards throws a decent pass. But the tickets have been sold; he can go. I don't know about you, but the thought of drafting a mediocre guard or safety in the late fourth round is too appealing to resist.

I can't wait to see who the next Duke Preston/Ko Simpson/Dwayne Wright/Tim Euhus we can get for T.O.

This makes a lot of sense if there's anything to it. This season is gone, and I think T.O. would go for a trade to Chicago. The Bills need to stockpile picks and getting rid of T.O. is the right move for all parties. Ralph would be very pleased with the cost savings. Think he'd pass any cost recoupment back to season ticket holders?

:w00t: People that bought season tickets to see the T.O. show (you know those that gave him the key to the city, etc.) might feel a little jilted by a T.O. trade.

Really, the Bills should dangle the entire roster as trade bait. Blow up the whole thing, get a jump start on cleaning house, and make it as attractive as possible for someone else to come in and start over.

I can't wait to see who the next Duke Preston/Ko Simpson/Dwayne Wright/Tim Euhus we can get for T.O.

Interestingly, he still looks like a helluva player. Against NO he should have had a TD (he blew past the CB), and he looked good yesterday. It's unbelievable that 4 catches for 44 yards is a good game for him.

Chicago and Baltimore are both great fits for TO. I know he's friends with Ray Lewis also. It's a good idea to unload TO, no doubt about it. I think he's a very good receiver that's being wasted in Buffalo, and we would benefit more as a team if we got something in return for him right now. Do it. He should bring back a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Rumor posted on ESPN Insider by Schefter.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...atures%2frumors

Anyone subscribe to Insider? If so, what does it say?

What are everyone's thoughts? What could the Bills get for TO at this point?

YAY lets trade TO so RW can make some money back. I say eat it :w00t: and eat DJ's too and find a good coach!!!

Only reason I would want this is so the Bills stop destroying the guys career!

I like the idea .. why not get something for him. No way does he stay next year and what help is he on the Titanic right now?

Yup, I agree. And we'll be getting James Hardy back soon anyways. This season needs to be used to evaluate the talent we have, and improve so that we come out better next season. I'll only be able to watch these games if we change up the lineup a little bit and watch some of our younger guys play (Harris, Maybin, Byrd, Palmer, Hardy, Steve Johnson, etc.).

Yup, I agree. And we'll be getting James Hardy back soon anyways. This season needs to be used to evaluate the talent we have, and improve so that we come out better next season. I'll only be able to watch these games if we change up the lineup a little bit and watch some of our younger guys play (Harris, Maybin, Byrd, Palmer, Hardy, Steve Johnson, etc.).

Please don't tell me you are putting your eggs in the James Hardy basket!!! If TE can't get the ball to LE and TO what in the world leads you to believe that an unproven injury-prone player will do any better.

This has nothing to do with the WR's. It is all about the line.