Marshawn Lynch vs. Fred Jackson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshawn: 17/69, 4.1 YPC, 6 catches for 56 yards.

Freddy: 13/30, 2.3 YPC, 2 catches for 17 yards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^TY

I'm so lost as to how the OP and others can watch the same game as me and come up with such a ridiculously different conclusion. Some people must be so terrible at simply watching and understanding football that the fact they've made it to these forums and are able to operate on them is even more astounding. :thumbsup::bag: :bag: :(

Anybody notice that our offense is so out of sink since Lynch returned??? Fred Jackson played full time in the N.E. game and Tampa games and we had some offensive continuity. Now with Lynch and Fred rotating, we have no continuity. Lynch sucks, flat out. They should immediately start Fred and give him virtually the entire load. Lynch should be used only to give Fred a breather when he needs one, and maybe on the occasional short yardage play.

In the offseason, trade Lynch for a veteran a O-Lineman or D-Lineman or an LB. I know that they wouldn't get much for Lynch, but it would clearly be addition by subtraction at this point because Fred would need to then carry the load.

Seriously? Lynch and a few penalties made up our entire offense yesterday. When Jackson came in it was 3 and out - punt. Lynch is never brought down by one man, he breaks a tackle every play and many times more than one. He has never been stopped on short yardage. On top of that, he got in Dicks face about not going for that 4th and 1 at the end of the game, which shows he still wants to win. Lynch was the best player on the team yesterday.

Anybody notice that our offense is so out of sink since Lynch returned??? Fred Jackson played full time in the N.E. game and Tampa games and we had some offensive continuity. Now with Lynch and Fred rotating, we have no continuity. Lynch sucks, flat out. They should immediately start Fred and give him virtually the entire load. Lynch should be used only to give Fred a breather when he needs one, and maybe on the occasional short yardage play.

In the offseason, trade Lynch for a veteran a O-Lineman or D-Lineman or an LB. I know that they wouldn't get much for Lynch, but it would clearly be addition by subtraction at this point because Fred would need to then carry the load.

I disagree, give Lynch more touches, he is more powerful than Jackson and Lynch is a much better blocker. I like both backs, I just do not believe they should be splitting the time so often because no one establishes a rhythm.

^^^^^^^^^^^^TY

I'm so lost as to how the OP and others can watch the same game as me and come up with such a ridiculously different conclusion. Some people must be so terrible at simply watching and understanding football that the fact they've made it to these forums and are able to operate on them is even more astounding. :thumbsup::bag: :bag: :(

Your head must hurt from all that wall bashing. Look at the totals year-to-date. Even considering the time lost by Lynch, Freddie has been the better, more productive back.

Rushing:

Fred Jackson...... 83 363 4.4

Marshawn Lynch 25 73 2.9

Receiving:

Jackson.... 20 177

Lynch........ 11 99

Why does this bother some people? Why are die-hard Lynch fans so intense in their support for him? I really don't get it. It's a 3-13 club with trouble everywhere and certain morons are obsessed with defending "beast mode" like it's a damn religion. WTF?

Guys have good games and bad games. Whoever seems 'on' for a particular game should get a brunt of the work. This game Lynch looked pretty solid to me and Jackson seemed to be getting taken down earlier than I'm used to seeing. It could be completely different next week. Regardless, the staff needs to recognize early who the go to guy that game is.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Lynch is faster, physically tougher, and makes quicker cuts. He's also a better receiver. I think Jackson is a nice player, btw. I don't mean to dog him. But the difference in physical talent seems pretty freakin' obvious to me.

I agree. I think Lynch is a much more explosive runner. Especially if they can ever get the ball too him in the open field. I like Jackson as well. He is a capable 2nd back. Bills insisted on alternating them every series of downs though. Another brilliant idea.

Your head must hurt from all that wall bashing. Look at the totals year-to-date. Even considering the time lost by Lynch, Freddie has been the better, more productive back.

Why does this bother some people? Why are die-hard Lynch fans so intense in their support for him? I really don't get it. It's a 3-13 club with trouble everywhere and certain morons are obsessed with defending "beast mode" like it's a damn religion. WTF?

I was addressing the game yesterday. Quoting me and then typing up some attack not relating to my point makes you look like a !@#$ing retard. Where do you see my intense support for him? I explained what happened yesterday on the field, and it's obvious you can't dispute that so you come up with some other argument and put words in my mouth.

Obviously we can see Jackson>Lynch, but who cares at this point... as long as Wilson owns this team they will continue to fail. Everything else is secondary.

How is that obvious? I don't think that's the case at all. I think "obviously we can see" that Lynch is better than Jackson. It's your own opinion, and a lot of people disagree with you. You just run your mouth like everything you say is fact. I think you're delirious.

So you took a 4-game sample of one back, and a 2-game sample of another back, and compared the two statisticially. I could take any random 4-game sample of both Lynch and Jackson and find better numbers for Lynch. You must be one of those people who just sit at the computer and read stats all the time, and don't bother watching the games. Why are you so intense in your support for Fred Jackson? Obviously we can see Lynch > Jackson. I really don't get it. It's a 3-13 club with trouble everywhere and certain morons are obsessed with defending Fred Jackson like it's a damn religion. WTF?

Lynch was the better back yesterday by far. He was the only positive out there, and I was questioning why he didn't get more touches yesterday. I like Fred Jackson too. I've said it before, we're lucky to have both of them. For anyone to say Jackson is way better than Lynch in lunacy. As far as trade value goes, of course Lynch has more value...younger, stronger, harder to bring down.

I really don't care enough to argue. It's been obvious to the columnists who cover the Bills that Jackson is the better back, to the majority of fans in polls that Jackson is the better back, and obvious to the national media that Jackson brings more to the table and should be the #1 back. Beast Mode worshipers aside, this is not really controversial.

I really don't care enough to argue. It's been obvious to the columnists who cover the Bills that Jackson is the better back, to the majority of fans in polls that Jackson is the better back, and obvious to the national media that Jackson brings more to the table and should be the #1 back. Beast Mode worshipers aside, this is not really controversial.

You do care enough to argue because you're here arguing. I think you're a Fred Jackson 'worshiper.'

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Lynch is faster, physically tougher, and makes quicker cuts. He's also a better receiver. I think Jackson is a nice player, btw. I don't mean to dog him. But the difference in physical talent seems pretty freakin' obvious to me.

What? I dont have a problem if you like Lynch over Jackson, but come on now with this he is a better reciver stuff and faster. Jackson plays with more game speed than Lynch and totally has better hands and runs better routes. Dont get me wrong, I like Lynch, but Jackson to me is a more complete RB mainly becuase Lynch still doesnt hit the hole fast enough or hard enough because he dances too much behind the line. He also drops too many passes...