A serious comment about Edwards

zow2

Not trying to make jokes in this thread. I see a guy that is not challenging the D down the middle of the field. Whether he is scared of the INT, i don't know? Even if he could execute more conservative passes over the middle (like the one to Lynch today) where the RB, TE or WR can get some serious YAC..it would be an improvement. I've never seen a QB with more planned roll outs to the right....not have a clue who/where to throw the ball? Most of those plays he had to throw away or ground. Trent has a weak O-line but even an average QB could make some plays down the field with the weapons we have. It only took a game and a half for the league to figure out how easy it is to defend Edwards and the Bills. Just give them the underneath stuff, stack the box, start bringing the heat (actually you can pressure him easily with just a 4 man rush)...and make Trent snuff out his own drives with failed 3rd down conversions.

I will say that after watching Trent and this Offense do absolutely nothing vs. NO, Miami and the 1st half vs. Cleveland....I cannot believe that Dick did not give Fitz a shot? We have to be the only team in the NFL with an unproven QB that would be this loyal and so worried about screwing up his psyche?!?

Not trying to make jokes in this thread. I see a guy that is not challenging the D down the middle of the field. Whether he is scared of the INT, i don't know? Even if he could execute more conservative passes over the middle (like the one to Lynch today) where the RB, TE or WR can get some serious YAC..it would be an improvement. I've never seen a QB with more planned roll outs to the right....not have a clue who/where to throw the ball? Most of those plays he had to throw away or ground. Trent has a weak O-line but even an average QB could make some plays down the field with the weapons we have. It only took a game and a half for the league to figure out how easy it is to defend Edwards and the Bills. Just give them the underneath stuff, stack the box, start bringing the heat (actually you can pressure him easily with just a 4 man rush)...and make Trent snuff out his own drives with failed 3rd down conversions.

I will say that after watching Trent and this Offense do absolutely nothing vs. NO, Miami and the 1st half vs. Cleveland....I cannot believe that Dick did not give Fitz a shot? We have to be the only team in the NFL with an unproven QB that would be this loyal and so worried about screwing up his psyche?!?

Have you also noticed that Trent completes next to nothing while he is on the move? Be it a 30 or 3 yard pass attempt.

The line sucks that is Trent's problem. There weren't many opportunities for him to throw in the middle without someone getting thrown back in his face. I am also willing to bet that Trent tries to get away from the Blitz due to the state of the line play. That is why you see Roll out plays.

Trent isn't hte issue. I see him looking down the field but he needs more time to throw. It's either take a sack or throw a check down. It's kinda hard to get into any kind of rythm as a QB or offense when you are on your back every 4 throws or so.

The best QB's in the league also have the best Olines in the league. If you don't believe go and look at the player's stat lines for QB hits, Hurries, and Sacks.

The opponents have watched the film and have sniffed this play out week after week. Trent rolls out to a waiting defender. Yet we continue to call the play. Trent needs to watch, he cannot hang in there long enough for a play to develop. He pulled the ball down a few times today.

I've never seen a QB with more planned roll outs to the right....not have a clue who/where to throw the ball?

The line sucks that is Trent's problem. There weren't many opportunities for him to throw in the middle without someone getting thrown back in his face. I am also willing to bet that Trent tries to get away from the Blitz due to the state of the line play. That is why you see Roll out plays.

Trent isn't hte issue. I see him looking down the field but he needs more time to throw. It's either take a sack or throw a check down. It's kinda hard to get into any kind of rythm as a QB or offense when you are on your back every 4 throws or so.

The best QB's in the league also have the best Olines in the league. If you don't believe go and look at the player's stat lines for QB hits, Hurries, and Sacks.

Well except for Rothlisberger and Rogers, right? Those two guys aren't protected any better than Edwards, but they make plays all over the field.

Even with a bad line, Edwards should be able to make a play here and there that makes you say, 'that's our QB of the future.'

Name a play in Trent's carerr where he showed franchise QB potential. He's completed a couple of long passes, but he's missed on way more bombs than he's hit.

Most of the big gainers the Bills make are dump-offs to RBs who pile up the YAC.

The guy just doesn't have it. If he's better than Fitzgerald, let him finish out the year, but the Bills should be open to any opportunity in the offseason to replace him with a true QB that the team can be built around.

Well except for Rothlisberger and Rogers, right? Those two guys aren't protected any better than Edwards, but they make plays all over the field.

Even with a bad line, Edwards should be able to make a play here and there that makes you say, 'that's our QB of the future.'

Name a play in Trent's carerr where he showed franchise QB potential. He's completed a couple of long passes, but he's missed on way more bombs than he's hit.

Most of the big gainers the Bills make are dump-offs to RBs who pile up the YAC.

The guy just doesn't have it. If he's better than Fitzgerald, let him finish out the year, but the Bills should be open to any opportunity in the offseason to replace him with a true QB that the team can be built around.

Time to re-open QB competition for the Bills. Now.

Bull crap. I watched today and he had many chances to throw downfield with time and just didn't do it. He is a coward that has no business being an NFL QB

Dude, i don't disagree about the line but it's also the QB. I was a big Trent supporter but he's showing me week after week he's not a playmaker. There were some plays today where he had time to scan the field and still did nothing. The checkdown is not always a bad play, but it tends to get us into a lot of 3rd and long's. He's not good enough to convert 3rd downs. He plays at the level of a backup QB.

I thought Fitzpatrick was a pretty weak pick-up as a backup, and I don't think he'll do anything special, but Edwards has shown me nothing to make me think he should keep his job. Put Fitzpatrick in; I see nothing to lose.

Dude, i don't disagree about the line but it's also the QB. I was a big Trent supporter but he's showing me week after week he's not a playmaker. There were some plays today where he had time to scan the field and still did nothing. The checkdown is not always a bad play, but it tends to get us into a lot of 3rd and long's. He's not good enough to convert 3rd downs. He plays at the level of a backup QB.

Exactly. NFL QBs have to make plays, and when they don't or can't, they're replaceable.

this is bull. he looks, he hesitates, he checks down. He has time to throw, he doesn't which further compounds everything because the d knows what hew will do. Look but don't throw. Every pass he throws over ten yards is a long sideline pass either way overthrown or under thrown and an INT. Trent is a big issue.

The opponents have watched the film and have sniffed this play out week after week. Trent rolls out to a waiting defender. Yet we continue to call the play. Trent needs to watch, he cannot hang in there long enough for a play to develop. He pulled the ball down a few times today.

They have turned Captain Checkdown into Captain Escape the Tackle Box, Lob the Ball Out of Bounds.

I can't wait until next week. Kneel downs and punting on third and long might be their new wrinkle.

Bull crap. I watched today and he had many chances to throw downfield with time and just didn't do it. He is a coward that has no business being an NFL QB

I totally agree. Trent Edwards is awful. He has no confidence, and does not lead this team. How many touchdown passes has he completed down the middle of the field. Next to none. He needs to sit. He has not earned the right to continue to start. I can not believe that Fitzpatrick would not be an improvement.

We have a bad team. And we are bad at QB, and very bad at several other positions as well. I think most of you would agree that we are awful at OT and LB. And not very good at any position other than RB. Our Special teams have killed us this year, and were the biggest difference in our 3 previous 7-9 seasons, and the disaster that has become 2009. I don't know if this team will win another game under Dick Jauron. He has lost their attention. Lots of good athletes (except at starting QB) but absolutely no leader to give them a winning course of direction.

Don't see too many teams make as many mistakes in an NFL game as we did today. Time to BLOW this UP!!!!

The TEAM sucks, including the QB. The whole offense is just playing stupid - Edwards can't make a decent decision to save his life, the line can't block, the receivers aren't doing a damned thing to help. Only the backfield's playing with half a brain.

My evaluation tool for the bills is whether a high school player could be expected to make the play or not. Edwards is playing on a high school level. So is Lynch, Kelsay/Denney, our tackles, and the linebackers excepting Ellison.

The O-line is bad no doubt. The Tackles are not even College material and that's the front office fault.

But Trent is not the only problem. It time for us to get on Lee Evans, he cant get open against the worst D in football.

Why they are not playing Stevie Johnson? Bench Roscoe and let Jackson return kicks.

But I would give Fitz a chance next week. One touchdown against 2 winless teams its time to make a change.