Bills move to LA??

Nostradamus

#1: Don't believe attorneys. Use them for what their worth when there's **** on your stick, but remember they are arrogant, over-opinionated, and 9 times out of 10, have less than average sized peepees. Attorneys, are more less the problem with our country.

#2: How do you (or the arrogant lawyer) know that it's not California Industries of California Ave, Orchard Park, NY... perhaps it's New york Central Mutual?

#3: As long as Jamestown homeboy Roger Goodbar is manning the controls of the NFL, I don't see the team moving. Unless, of course, he still has family in the area that he wants whacked.

#4: What to do about Jacksonville?

Do you stereotype about people's race/religion as much as you do their profession? Our country would fare well without attorneys keeping our government, with their prodigious resources, clout and supremacy, in check :rolleyes:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to not believe this information....of course nothign is set in stone, but I have to believe that Ralph's estate will reap the maximum reward for the franchise if the bidder were CA based and could thrust the Bills into a major market. I really call it a 50/50 proposition, but certainly not something to be whooly discounted...

If Ralph Wilson was setting in motion a deal to sell the time after his passing why would he freeze out anyone? Is Golisano's groups money not as good as a California group? Additionally, If Ralph is dead, why would he care where the team is? I kind of think he would hope to keep the team where he had put it?

I was thinking the same thing, but once you get past certain negotiating terms, the parties usually go exclusive with penalties if either parties back out.

that doesnt suprise me at all, i live in california and the city of industry (near LA) has been putting ALOT of money into bringing a franchise here, they just passed the last hurdle by pretty much buying out the city of walnut to shut them up and construction of the new stadium is schedueld to start very soon. I figured it would be either jacksonville or buffalo, for completely different reasons of course. i wouldnt be suprised at all if this happens in the near future

LA is the worst football market in the country, bar none(including Jacksonville). For a city to be so large and to have so much trouble selling out games is a complete embarrassment. Throwing money at a team isn't gonna make a city who could give a crap about football suddenly care. If the team moves there, they will have some interest for a few years, the crowds will go away and they will be playing in front of a half empty stadium by year 5, regardless of good the team is...

The owners will then realize what all the other owners who had franchises in LA did---its NOT a good football market, period...

Its like the NHL trying to get the city of Phoenix interested in hockey...it just isn't happening...

the Brinkworths own a few bars. I'd hardly consider them to be anything remotely resembling prominent developers

They haven't been prominent since the late Kevin Brinkworth, his wife, and brothers were indicted on 29 counts of conspiracy, tax fraud, and mail fraud in 1991. One of the kids owns 'Brinks' on Chippewa - BFD.

I don't buy it for a second. The rumor came out a year and a half ago that there was already a plan in place for Jim Kelly's group to get the team from Ralph's wife after his passing (he can leave it to her, his spouse, with no estate tax). Shutting Golisano out only lends more credence to the rumor.

They haven't been prominent since the late Kevin Brinkworth, his wife, and brothers were indicted on 29 counts of conspiracy, tax fraud, and mail fraud in 1991. One of the kids owns 'Brinks' on Chippewa - BFD.

They still own Colter Bay, Brunner's and that newer bar near HSBC Arena. Still, as you said, "BFD".

Question: Is Golisano even eligible to own the Bills given his ownership of the Sabres?

Anyone?

Bueller?

GO BILLS!!!

They're in the same market, so yes. The issue is that no NFL owner can own another pro sports team in a different market than the one his NFL team is in.

Here is my opinion, based on being a Bills fan for over 40 years, growing up in Buffalo and watching and listening to Ralph Wilson all those years: Either you, Mr. Brinkworth and/or your "highly reliable" DWI attoney are full of sh..! Ralph Wilson is not negotiating with Industry of California, Tom Golisano, Jim Kelly or Skooby. The man is 91 freakin' years old. He has told us his plan flat out, and that is to own the Bills until he dies. Then his heirs will sell the team to whoever they want to. End of story. I believe the guy. You can believe whatever you want. It seems insane for the guy to wait until this point in his long life to screw the fans behind their backs and sell the team out of town while he's still breathing.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it until someone proves otherwise.

Here's my opinion:

You should read THIS before discounting ANYTHING:

http://losangeles.bizjournals.com/losangel...05/daily22.html

Don't sell Ralph Wilson short- he WILL do what is best for his family, and he will be gone if the team does move. Anything is possible, and to shrug it off is being very naive.

What's now kind of scary about this is that they are getting very brazen by claiming a team is coming there. The NFL hasn't denied it either. And, for some reason, the national media hasn't pressed this issue. And as crazy as this sounds, because supposedly they are already getting verbal commitments for suites with no problems, they might be even targeting TWO teams. There are now a few articles out there that they are targeting the Bills or Jags as team one, and the Chargers, Raiders or Niners as team two. They are supposedly planning a complex that will put Jerry Jones palace in it's place, and would like to fill all 17 weeks of the NFL season with games there.

If some of you are still dumb enough to think LA isn't going to have a team in the near future, you are just hiding your head in the sand. Let's just hope it's the Jags.

What's now kind of scary about this is that they are getting very brazen by claiming a team is coming there. The NFL hasn't denied it either. And, for some reason, the national media hasn't pressed this issue. And as crazy as this sounds, because supposedly they are already getting verbal commitments for suites with no problems, they might be even targeting TWO teams. There are now a few articles out there that they are targeting the Bills or Jags as team one, and the Chargers, Raiders or Niners as team two. They are supposedly planning a complex that will put Jerry Jones palace in it's place, and would like to fill all 17 weeks of the NFL season with games there.

If some of you are still dumb enough to think LA isn't going to have a team in the near future, you are just hiding your head in the sand. Let's just hope it's the Jags.

LA is the Dick Jauron of NFL cities...

its a constant failure, yet somehow it continues to attract teams, always bringing hope that it will somehow, someway be better than before... as we see with Jauron, it never will...

They still own Colter Bay, Brunner's and that newer bar near HSBC Arena. Still, as you said, "BFD".

Thanks - I was not aware, and stand corrected; then that would be the claim to 'WNY prominence' to which 'soothsayer' Nostrasamus cited - the Brinkworthlesses are owners of the suckiest bars in Buffalo! :rolleyes:

BTW - Eddie Brady (God love 'im) - also owns a bar, and I consider Eddie a much more 'prominent' Buffalonian than any of the Brinkworthlesses. Tomorrow, I'll ask Eddie what he knows about all this. :lol:

LA is the Dick Jauron of NFL cities...

its a constant failure, yet somehow it continues to attract teams, always bringing hope that it will somehow, someway be better than before... as we see with Jauron, it never will...

This is a whole different era than when LA had a team before. The NFL is more popular than ever, and games in LA will sellout easily. Everyone here acts like LA is the only team that struggled at the gate back then. Arizona's attendance was awful, Indianapolis was never on TV because of blackouts, and neither was Atlanta.

This era of the NFL is more popular than ever, and LA will have no problem supporting a NFL team. None.

They're in the same market, so yes. The issue is that no NFL owner can own another pro sports team in a different market than the one his NFL team is in.

Thank-you, sir. Appreciate the clarification. So would Jacobs be precluded from owning a piece of the Bills given his interest in the Bruins? Or is it based on percentage of ownership?

GO BILLS!!!

"Really?"

Regards,

The 11 NFL cities facing blackouts this year

11 NFL teams facing Black Outs

Yeah, mainly because of the economy. Please. TV ratings are incredible. Other sports dont' even exist anymore compared to the NFL, and merchandise is through the roof. The TV contract is now unreal, NFL coverage dwarfs everything ALL year even in the off-season.

There is the NFL, and there isn't a close second except maybe college football, which is outdrawing the MLB playoffs in the primetime. Neither are close to the NFL.

Yeah, mainly because of the economy. Please. TV ratings are incredible. Other sports dont' even exist anymore compared to the NFL, and merchandise is through the roof. The TV contract is now unreal, NFL coverage dwarfs everything ALL year even in the off-season.

There is the NFL, and there isn't a close second except maybe college football, which is outdrawing the MLB playoffs in the primetime. Neither are close to the NFL.

Half Empty stadiums by year 5...

you can take that to the bank...