Bills move to LA??

Nostradamus

Let me preface this by saying that, admittedly, this information has roughly 4 layers of hearsay to it.

Let me also preface this by saying that I am repeating what I heard verbatim, and, based on my knowledge of at least some of the people involved in this communication, I think this narrative has sufficient reliability to be posted on a message board, if not the New York Times.

Anyway, I was in court yesterday, where I work, when the conversation turned to Eric Moulds and his pending legal matter. The conversation then segued into the current state of the Bills. A prominent and seemingly very straightforward DWI defense attorney that I know said he had had a conversation with one of the Brinkworths, who I believe are prominent developers in the community. One of the Brinkworths told him (the attorney) that he had spoke with Golisano about the possibility of purchasing the Bills.

Golisano said that he HAS approached Wilson about putting a group together, but Wilson completely froze him out. Wilson supposedly said that he was already negotiating with a group called "Industry of California" about the prospective sale, (and presumable relocation) of the franchise.

I understand that this post may be met with skepticism. However, it's my opinion that the circumstances of this information ARE reliable, in that every link of the communication is with people who really would have access to this information. In other words, there is no "my cousin has a friend who is a bartender that poured Jim Kelly a drink...)... that kind of thing.

I post this knowing that I may open myself up to flaming, but with two objectives. One, I know that as a diehard, I would want one of you to post this info if it was at your disposal, and then it would be up to each individual poster to decide whether or not the post was credible. More importantly, I'm hoping that the Tim Graham's of this board would further investigate to see the validity of this info.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Susie took a walk with Jimmy" says one person to the second person. "Susie and Jimmy like walking together" says the second person to the third. "Susie and Jason ran in a marathon" says the third person to the fourth. "Susie from Industry of California said they are buying the Buffalo Bills from Ralphie" says the fourth person to a drunk DWI attorney at a bar.

"Susie took a walk with Jimmy" says one person to the second person. "Susie and Jimmy like walking together" says the second person to the third. "Susie and Jason ran in a marathon" says the third person to the fourth. "Susie from Industry of California said they are buying the Buffalo Bills from Ralphie" says the fourth person to a drunk DWI attorney at a bar.

You're reading comprehension skills are impeccable... except there's no Susie, Jimmy, noone was drunk, and the conversation didn't take place at a bar.

:rolleyes:

There's probably a much less gay way to say you think he's full of sht.

:lol:

You're reading comprehension skills are impeccable... except there's no Susie, Jimmy, noone was drunk, and the conversation didn't take place at a bar.

I'm not buying it. I find it hard to believe if Wilson can keep the Bills in Buffalo he would. If not than I would hope Golisano would let the good fans know about it.

I just want to make sure I have this straight: Wilson told Golisano told the Brinkworths told a DWI attorney told you that CA investors might buy the team and move it to LA?

Try reading again... the frightening part is that Wilson supposedly shut Golisano out of the bidding entirely... as if the writing is already on the wall.

that doesnt suprise me at all, i live in california and the city of industry (near LA) has been putting ALOT of money into bringing a franchise here, they just passed the last hurdle by pretty much buying out the city of walnut to shut them up and construction of the new stadium is schedueld to start very soon. I figured it would be either jacksonville or buffalo, for completely different reasons of course. i wouldnt be suprised at all if this happens in the near future

Could you please ask those in the know if RW has changed his will? If not, then the status quo remains: the team will be sold to the highest bidder AFTER HIS DEATH.

Given that RW would have to pay approx. $115m in capital gains taxes if he sold the team before his demise, I find it highly doubtful that he would be willing to sell while still alive.

Something doesn't add up.

GO BILLS!!!

Let me preface this by saying that, admittedly, this information has roughly 4 layers of hearsay to it.

Let me also preface this by saying that I am repeating what I heard verbatim, and, based on my knowledge of at least some of the people involved in this communication, I think this narrative has sufficient reliability to be posted on a message board, if not the New York Times.

Anyway, I was in court yesterday, where I work, when the conversation turned to Eric Moulds and his pending legal matter. The conversation then segued into the current state of the Bills. A prominent and seemingly very straightforward DWI defense attorney that I know said he had had a conversation with one of the Brinkworths, who I believe are prominent developers in the community. One of the Brinkworths told him (the attorney) that he had spoke with Golisano about the possibility of purchasing the Bills.

Golisano said that he HAS approached Wilson about putting a group together, but Wilson completely froze him out. Wilson supposedly said that he was already negotiating with a group called "Industry of California" about the prospective sale, (and presumable relocation) of the franchise.

I understand that this post may be met with skepticism. However, it's my opinion that the circumstances of this information ARE reliable, in that every link of the communication is with people who really would have access to this information. In other words, there is no "my cousin has a friend who is a bartender that poured Jim Kelly a drink...)... that kind of thing.

I post this knowing that I may open myself up to flaming, but with two objectives. One, I know that as a diehard, I would want one of you to post this info if it was at your disposal, and then it would be up to each individual poster to decide whether or not the post was credible. More importantly, I'm hoping that the Tim Graham's of this board would further investigate to see the validity of this info.

Here is my opinion, based on being a Bills fan for over 40 years, growing up in Buffalo and watching and listening to Ralph Wilson all those years: Either you, Mr. Brinkworth and/or your "highly reliable" DWI attoney are full of sh..! Ralph Wilson is not negotiating with Industry of California, Tom Golisano, Jim Kelly or Skooby. The man is 91 freakin' years old. He has told us his plan flat out, and that is to own the Bills until he dies. Then his heirs will sell the team to whoever they want to. End of story. I believe the guy. You can believe whatever you want. It seems insane for the guy to wait until this point in his long life to screw the fans behind their backs and sell the team out of town while he's still breathing.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it until someone proves otherwise.

that doesnt suprise me at all, i live in california and the city of industry (near LA) has been putting ALOT of money into bringing a franchise here, they just passed the last hurdle by pretty much buying out the city of walnut to shut them up and construction of the new stadium is schedueld to start very soon. I figured it would be either jacksonville or buffalo, for completely different reasons of course. i wouldnt be suprised at all if this happens in the near future

big time bummer.

Could you please ask those in the know if RW has changed his will? If not, then the status quo remains: the team will be sold to the highest bidder AFTER HIS DEATH.

Given that RW would have to pay approx. $115m in capital gains taxes if he sold the team before his demise, I find it highly doubtful that he would be willing to sell while still alive.

Something doesn't add up.

GO BILLS!!!

For one, what is to prevent the buyer from assuming the tax upon sale? For two, even if the team was left to a trustee upon Wilson's death, they would NOT have to sell to the highest bidder. Merely, the trustee would only have to act within the best interest of the estate. Courts have construed that meaning liberally. Meaning, even if an LA buyer underbid Golisano, so long as the trustee could demonstrate that the Bills would be more profitable long term in LA, OR that moving the team to LA could be in the best interests of the estate, the move would be lawful. There is absolutely NO requirement that the team must go to the highest bidder.

This appears to be the group that was being referenced. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry,_California

After reading Wilkepedia, my question is why are they starting to build a stadium in LA unless they know a football team will be coming to play there?

they are going to build it because they WILL have a football team, who it may be is still up in the air, but they have the money, with the 49ers trying to get a new stadium to no avail so far, the jaguars unable to sell out games, and the bills that has a 91 year old owner that probably doesnt want his death bed to be at the ralph, but money talks, and LA will have a team in the very near future, you should hear something shortly after the super bowl this year

#1: Don't believe attorneys. Use them for what their worth when there's **** on your stick, but remember they are arrogant, over-opinionated, and 9 times out of 10, have less than average sized peepees. Attorneys, are more less the problem with our country.

#2: How do you (or the arrogant lawyer) know that it's not California Industries of California Ave, Orchard Park, NY... perhaps it's New york Central Mutual?

#3: As long as Jamestown homeboy Roger Goodbar is manning the controls of the NFL, I don't see the team moving. Unless, of course, he still has family in the area that he wants whacked.

#4: What to do about Jacksonville?

they are going to build it because they WILL have a football team, who it may be is still up in the air, but they have the money, with the 49ers trying to get a new stadium to no avail so far, the jaguars unable to sell out games, and the bills that has a 91 year old owner that probably doesnt want his death bed to be at the ralph, but money talks, and LA will have a team in the very near future, you should hear something shortly after the super bowl this year

Since you're a local, can you tell me how the TV ratings have been for the NFL in the LA area? The NFL used to consistently place 3rd in the ratings for the Sunday time slots when they had teams. Has that changed to your knowledge?

GO BILLS!!!

Until RW dies, don't worry about it. The Bills will be in Buffalo and a will be a mediocre team until RW dies. When RW dies, most likely the team will get better with a new owner. Yes all of us hope the Bills never leave Buffalo, but if that new owner is not Jim Kelly or some kind of group of investors with Jim Kelly, then there's a real possibility that the Bills will be gone. Until RW dies, I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm already tired of hearing that the Bills are going to Toronto or L.A. on the NFL network, sirius radio and other fans (from other teams).