I have never seen the fans this low!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everywhere I go I run into disgusted fans and this is the most depressed bunch in years.

Been a season ticket holder for 42 years, this is the worst I have ever seen it!

Here is a sample of the reactions from 6 of my Buffalo Backers friends. ( I see them every day) Most of them said a lot more but I will give you a summary.

#1 John

"I have simply given up on this team, I don't have the money for this garbage anymore." (he's cheap anyway)

#2 Steve

"What is there to be excited about, the team does not have one player I like anymore" (cry baby)

#3 Roberto

" I am done with this team, I am going to follow college football!"

#4 Floyd

"The Bills main message board went from 710 after a preseason game online to 173 after a regular season game, so what does that say?"

#5 Ray (my Boss)

"Show me the Bills want to win, then I will be back, has nothing to do with wins and losses!"

"Its about effort, intensity and improvement."

"I don't have the strength to even read the newspaper anymore, too depressing, I stay away from things that DEPRESS ME"

#6 George

"The Bills had the chance to add players in free agency and passed, could have had Vick for nothing, why should I waste my time?" "There is a boatload of players still available and the Bills refuse to help themselves or the fans"

"Screw Em" "Am I suppose to get excited about the Bills struggling with the freakin Browns.....please"

Die Hard 1967

A big part of the problem is fans have lost hope. They have witnessed 10 plus years of losing, bad draft picks, bad free agent signings, etc. Coaches coming and going along with GMs and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have been a fan for 40 years and I thought signing TO would free up Evans and the offense would be more explosive. Then they can Schonert and waive Walker right before the season and the offense has been pretty bad the past two weeks. I know that the tackles have been dinged up but where is the depth on this team in almost all of the positions. They don't have any depth except for possibly the secondary. Edwards is the starter but what has he done to make him the definitive starter. I felt all along that they should have brought in an experienced QB to challenge Edwards and to even mentor him. In all seriousness, I'm looking for some positive signs but it is very trying watching this team.

I watched the Monday night game and saw one of my favorite players ever to wear a Bill's uniform play the game...Winfield. On two successive plays, Winfield tackles a back for a loss and on the very next play intercepts Aaron Rodger's pass. Pound for pound, I still think he is the toughest tackeler in the NFL.

Face it...the Bills are nothing more than a AAA NFL football team that prepares players for OTHER teams. Look around the league. Aside from Winfield, there is Clements, Peters, Jabari Greer, and a whole hose of others.

Face it...why stay in Buffalo when you are going to lose when you can go to a team on the rise??

Seems like everywhere I go I run into disgusted fans and this is the most depressed bunch in years.

Been a season ticket holder for 42 years, this is the worst I have ever seen it!

Die Hard 1967

It just shows you have not been paying attention. With the invention of the internet every chicken little can post their 100 reasons why they are going to jump off the bridge and following week they are giving excuses why they did not jump last week but ARE jumping this week.

JUMP! JUMP!!! Someone push them off.

My group and I have had season tickets for 10 years now and we are not going to anymore games this year. Season is over at the end of last year RW said playoffs or bust. This team is a joke no o-line, undersized defense, bad qb play. Sorry this franchise sucks.

Stopping just short of slipping my rose colored glasses into place, I'm more of the belief that we have -ONCE AGAIN- been victimized by terrible injuries. It seems to me to be the one constant on the team throughout the century, regardless of coaching carousels. The game gets more violent each year as humans get more refined in maximizing their bodies. Every team has injuries, but we're simply more snake bit than most. Ellison is a prime example. Undersized, high motor types, typically reserved for ST duies, he was thrust into the lineup a few years ago -due to injury- and got so much playing time, he now knows what to expect. He was never considered a blossoming prospect, but his experience has given him an advantage in a familiar system, over a newcomer.

How many games has Poz played? How many more can we realistically expect. Lynch and Edwards can't make it through a full season either. Through Jauron's keen eye for DB's we've had many great, talented players there. Every year, it seems we go through all of them- due to injury.

I don't dismiss this as poor conditioning. These are broken bones and blown out joints. There has to be more players per team -due to injury- than the current level. Especially if the league has their way and adds more reg. season games. The 'product' we witnessed last week in Miami was a debacle -due to injury. Case in point: there's a new injury this year. Broken ribs -IN THE BACK! Holy Schniikees! I can't imagine the pain!

We have to have larger rosters, cause I dion't think this is going to change anytime soon -due to injury.

Here is a sample of the reactions from 6 of my Buffalo Backers friends. ( I see them every day) Most of them said a lot more but I will give you a summary.

#1 John

"I have simply given up on this team, I don't have the money for this garbage anymore." (he's cheap anyway)

#2 Steve

"What is there to be excited about, the team does not have one player I like anymore" (cry baby)

#3 Roberto

#4 Floyd

"The Bills main message board went from 710 after a preseason game online to 173 after a regular season game, so what does that say?"

#5 Ray (my Boss)

"Show me the Bills want to win, then I will be back, has nothing to do with wins and losses!"

"I don't have the strength to even read the newspaper anymore, too depressing, I stay away from things that DEPRESS ME"

#6 George

"The Bills had the chance to add players in free agency and passed, could have had Vick for nothing, why should I waste my time?" "There is a boatload of players still available and the Bills refuse to help themselves or the fans"

"Screw Em" "Am I suppose to get excited about the Bills struggling with the freakin Browns.....please"

Die Hard 1967

If you have been around for over 40 years, there is no way this is the worst. Went to my 1st game in 1967. I don't have to list worse times than this to you.

#6 George

Die Hard 1967

Looks like George may have had a point until he mentioned that part :wallbash:

Stopping just short of slipping my rose colored glasses into place, I'm more of the belief that we have -ONCE AGAIN- been victimized by terrible injuries. It seems to me to be the one constant on the team throughout the century, regardless of coaching carousels. The game gets more violent each year as humans get more refined in maximizing their bodies. Every team has injuries, but we're simply more snake bit than most. Ellison is a prime example. Undersized, high motor types, typically reserved for ST duies, he was thrust into the lineup a few years ago -due to injury- and got so much playing time, he now knows what to expect. He was never considered a blossoming prospect, but his experience has given him an advantage in a familiar system, over a newcomer.

How many games has Poz played? How many more can we realistically expect. Lynch and Edwards can't make it through a full season either. Through Jauron's keen eye for DB's we've had many great, talented players there. Every year, it seems we go through all of them- due to injury.

I don't dismiss this as poor conditioning. These are broken bones and blown out joints. There has to be more players per team -due to injury- than the current level. Especially if the league has their way and adds more reg. season games. The 'product' we witnessed last week in Miami was a debacle -due to injury. Case in point: there's a new injury this year. Broken ribs -IN THE BACK! Holy Schniikees! I can't imagine the pain!

We have to have larger rosters, cause I dion't think this is going to change anytime soon -due to injury.

No offense. What's your point? Sorry, I'm just tired of excuses! :wallbash:

The Bills have had some bad teams before, and everyone knew they were bad because they had very little talent (not to mention there was no free agency to buy a team quickly like today). The team this year (as well as the last few years, but more so this season), has talent but seems to be coached terribly, players playing well below their potential, losing games they should win or had won but blew it at the last minute, or they just plain seem to not be putting in a consistent effort. Also with the current regime, things are just handled so poorly, they spend money but it is on washed up veterans, over pay for backups, etc. and most of them don't pan out. The organization is run terribly, and it seems like they think the fan base is stupid to buy into what they are selling (sadly, many do as is reflected in the ticket sales the last two seasons). Then you have the carrot dangling over our heads of a potential move of the franchise, to go along with already putting the team a disadvantage each year as the only team with just 7 home games every year.

Who did we have hurt that first monday night game in New England that the Bills blew when they had it in the bag?

A) Because RW does not really care about WNY, regardless of what he says. He takes his millions from the Bills back to Michigan. He donates/invests/spends very little of our money in WNY.

B) Because no one will spend $750 million to keep the team here, so pre-conditions like that would make the team impossible to sell.

or

C) RW does what you say and we get an extra season or two from the new owner. After which they move due to no new stadium.

I'll swear off the NFL if the Bills leave. However, all indications are that they wont be around much longer. The vultures are circling RW now. Not to pick his body, but to take the Bills. Really sucks that our last few years of Bills football have to be this bad.

If Ralph really cared about the city of Buffalo like he always says he does then he should be selling the team now and put conditions in the sale that would keep the team here in Buffalo. His family will still be very well off when he passes away so why not care for the city of Buffalo one last time?

Who did we have hurt that first monday night game in New England that the Bills blew when they had it in the bag?

Exactly...

The thing I find most curious amongst Bills Players and yes, SOME (PLEASE notice I said SOME not all) Fans is the lack of importance assigned to and emphasis on actually winning the freaking Games...It's not good enough to just play well or play hard if You lose more than you win...Is that hard to understand for some? I'm just asking...

Trent Edwards wonders why Dead Dick is under fire??? Are you kidding Me Trent? I actually liked the Kid before I heard this garbage (it started last Season btw...)...How about 2-21 Trent? Sound like grounds for termination? How about the fact that you freaking lose more than you win Trent? You see...In the NFL...Teams that actually compete for Championships put an emphasis on actually WINNING the freaking Games...And if they don't win, heads roll...Does that explain it Trent?

We were healthy in NE...We blew another winnable Game vs. a good Football Team...Sound familiar? We have tons of injuries again...Sound familiar? We are heading towards 7-9...Sound familiar? Come on Folks...This is a broken freaking record...It's not going to get better or much worse...It's the same as it's ever been with this whole bunch...

Blow it the freak up please... :wallbash:

Well, Poz for one. He, of the deep middle cover area, where Brady attacked with the TE for 2 late TD's.

I agree with many (all?) who call 'missing passion' a contributor to this mess. But it isn't even Columbus Day and we're without our starting MLB, LCB, RT, LT, FS, SS and a rotational DT. You just can't dismiss this deficiency, IMO.

Edit: ..and our starting TE and his back-up.

#1 John

#2 Steve

#3 Roberto

#4 Floyd

#5 Ray (my Boss)

#6 George

Die Hard 1967

This all I have seen from this board for years now.