I have never seen the fans this low!

It really is the cumulative effect of 10 years without reaching the playoffs and watching other teams sucessfully rebuild within a relatively short period of time (sometimes more than once) during this period.

What he said.

And the fact that we were just blown out by a Miami team that I still think we are better than who was missing its best defensive player and its QB.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm 26. all i know is failure, misery, medocrity, hearbreak and one agonizing season after another until it all blurs together.

i was too young to understand or appreciate the run in the late 80's or early 90's. all i know is a decade and a half of misery and suck.

what should i be excited about? they have shown nothing. the bills are really alienating their "future upcoming fan base"

Same boat, I was raised a Bills fan and that's all I know. I've loved the Bills my whole life, but if this keeps up I'll try to find a new sport until new management comes in that actually wants to bring a winning team here.

Same boat, I was raised a Bills fan and that's all I know. I've loved the Bills my whole life, but if this keeps up I'll try to find a new sport until new management comes in that actually wants to bring a winning team here.

Ever hear the song "In the year 2525 (if man is still alive)

I am one of those fans that always stays positive through the tough times. I still think the Bills can pull it together and make something good out of this season. Yet I fully understand the frustration of many Bills fans.

These past 10 years have been extremely tough to take. There have been glimmers of good things, but that's it. Only once have the Bills had a chance to return to the playoffs, and those hopes were dashed when they lost at home to the Steelers 2nd stringers.

Even after every disapponting year, a lot of fans take time to get over it and look towards the next season. Then when the next season comes, it's the same old story, and most fans are sick and tired of it.

I was highly optimistic going into the start of this season. Even when they lost to the Patriots, it looked as if the Bills were finally onto something. Now all of a sudden the Bills are 1-3 and things are starting to look the same again. I know there is a lot of football left to be played, but what was so disheartening about the loss to the Dolphins was that it was a must-win game, and it looked like the Bills did'nt know that. Yes, the injuries really showed in that game, the starting tackles and middle of the defense was gone and it was a glaring problem. Still they had enough talent on that field to win that game and it was as if nobody showed up.

I still have some optimisim left, if you can believe it, because there is still a lot of football left and there is talent on this team, and yes I am including Trent Edwards. To me the big problem is Dick Jauron and his influence on the team. The complacency of this team has become exasperating. You hear that players are upset and angry about losing, but they sure do'nt show it. Where is the emotion and passion? I sure do'nt see it.

Even if the Bills beat the Browns this week it will not prove enough to the fans that the Bills are back. Yes they know they have to win this game, but the Browns are so pathetic that most people expect the Bills to win. However a victory over the Jets the following week, will actually be something that will pique the fans interest. Unfortunately most fans do not see that as a likely situation.

I hope they can do it. I love my Bills and always will be cheering for them in every game no matter what. It would just be damn nice if the Bills could start winning.

I am one of those fans that always stays positive through the tough times. I still think the Bills can pull it together and make something good out of this season. Yet I fully understand the frustration of many Bills fans.

These past 10 years have been extremely tough to take. There have been glimmers of good things, but that's it. Only once have the Bills had a chance to return to the playoffs, and those hopes were dashed when they lost at home to the Steelers 2nd stringers.

Even after every disapponting year, a lot of fans take time to get over it and look towards the next season. Then when the next season comes, it's the same old story, and most fans are sick and tired of it.

I was highly optimistic going into the start of this season. Even when they lost to the Patriots, it looked as if the Bills were finally onto something. Now all of a sudden the Bills are 1-3 and things are starting to look the same again. I know there is a lot of football left to be played, but what was so disheartening about the loss to the Dolphins was that it was a must-win game, and it looked like the Bills did'nt know that. Yes, the injuries really showed in that game, the starting tackles and middle of the defense was gone and it was a glaring problem. Still they had enough talent on that field to win that game and it was as if nobody showed up.

I still have some optimisim left, if you can believe it, because there is still a lot of football left and there is talent on this team, and yes I am including Trent Edwards. To me the big problem is Dick Jauron and his influence on the team. The complacency of this team has become exasperating. You hear that players are upset and angry about losing, but they sure do'nt show it. Where is the emotion and passion? I sure do'nt see it.

Even if the Bills beat the Browns this week it will not prove enough to the fans that the Bills are back. Yes they know they have to win this game, but the Browns are so pathetic that most people expect the Bills to win. However a victory over the Jets the following week, will actually be something that will pique the fans interest. Unfortunately most fans do not see that as a likely situation.

I hope they can do it. I love my Bills and always will be cheering for them in every game no matter what. It would just be damn nice if the Bills could start winning.

I think you should make this response a thread! Nice job

How do people consider themselves true fans if they're willing to give up on the season so quickly? Seriously - we totally blew chunks last week. But before that, everyone was thinking we were a few down-field passes away against NO from being 2-1. My - how one game tests the shocks on the bandwagon.

Man up, y'all! We might not make the playoffs (but maybe we will) and we're going to be better than last week.

More power to you for being an optimist... One of the things I used to love about this team was its resilience to adversity... But that left with the likes of Kelly and Flutie among others...

This weekend, I assume we will defeat the Browns... They look like the worst team in the league, so we'd better hope we can beat them... and then all will be right with the optimists. Some will celebrate, saying "See, we're not that bad... told ya so.." Until we have to play the following week in the Jets den against Rex Ryan's defense... They will tee off on Edwards, assuming he's still starting... He could be killed in that game based on the blocking he's currently getting. Then we will be possibly 2-4 and already 0-3 in the division...

Now, if you want to be optimistic, go for it... The statistics and logic are heavily stacked against you... and I'm a realist. I put my heart, soul and money into this team every year, only to have them rip my heart out, whether its on the last play of the game against Dallas and New England or they get smashed by a winless Dolphins team. I've had it with the "love it or leave it, true fan bulls***". If you want to tell me I'm not a "true fan" because I don't mindlessly follow his Lordship Wilson with eternal optimism waiting to be blessed by his salvation, then I tell you... that's not how it works. Go find a monarchy somewhere and become another minion. The mere fact that I am here writing a message should tell you I continue to support this team, though sometimes I wonder why.

I along with countless others pay to support this team... and many of us are sick of the mediocrity... I will continue to voice my disdain until Wilson puts a winning product on the field or the team moves... They are in my blood... But I will not sit idly by while Wilson gladly takes our money and then shovels s*** into our mouths!

More power to you for being an optimist... One of the things I used to love about this team was its resilience to adversity... But that left with the likes of Kelly and Flutie among others...

This weekend, I assume we will defeat the Browns... They look like the worst team in the league, so we'd better hope we can beat them... and then all will be right with the optimists. Some will celebrate, saying "See, we're not that bad... told ya so.." Until we have to play the following week in the Jets den against Rex Ryan's defense... They will tee off on Edwards, assuming he's still starting... He could be killed in that game based on the blocking he's currently getting. Then we will be possibly 2-4 and already 0-3 in the division...

Now, if you want to be optimistic, go for it... The statistics and logic are heavily stacked against you... and I'm a realist. I put my heart, soul and money into this team every year, only to have them rip my heart out, whether its on the last play of the game against Dallas and New England or they get smashed by a winless Dolphins team. I've had it with the "love it or leave it, true fan bulls***". If you want to tell me I'm not a "true fan" because I don't mindlessly follow his Lordship Wilson with eternal optimism waiting to be blessed by his salvation, then I tell you... that's not how it works. Go find a monarchy somewhere and become another minion. The mere fact that I am here writing a message should tell you I continue to support this team, though sometimes I wonder why.

I along with countless others pay to support this team... and many of us are sick of the mediocrity... I will continue to voice my disdain until Wilson puts a winning product on the field or the team moves... They are in my blood... But I will not sit idly by while Wilson gladly takes our money and then shovels s*** into our mouths!

I remain optimistic, but I am wearing down