Cash To Cap

Seems as though "Cash To Cap" used to be the motto coming from OBD yet I haven't heard one mention of this cap philosophy since we received the up-front cash from the Rogers Group...is this coincidence?

I hate the front office. :nana:

Yes.

And by the way, almost all the other NFL teams use the same philosophy.

Almost all teams in the NFL operate on a "cash-to-cap" basis, meaning they do not want to spend more in real cash outlays than the actual salary cap total of $123 million. (It's relatively easy for teams to spend more than the cap limit in a given year, because cap rules allow teams to amortize a signing bonus over the life of the contract for cap purposes.)

Linky

The problem isn't the cap philosophy, it's the inability to evaluate talent and incorporate it into a workable scheme.

I've yet to see a game this year where there weren't young, solid, playmaking guys all over the D-front 7 that the Bills passed on in drafts so they could take yet another CB, midget WR, bust QB from a 3d rate school, 250 lb. DE in a league with 340 lb OTs, etc., etc., etc.

It's becoming a broken record, but if your Owner/GM/Head coach combo is one of the 3 worst in the NFL, there simply isn't going to be much on-field success.

Maybe Im wrong but wont we have some money to spend next year? If TO isnt resigned thats 7.5 mill, we had to save some money letting Dockery and Walker go, and yes I realize we have to eat part of their signing bonuses. Cut or trade Roscoe and Kelsay, etc? But then again Im sure we'll spend millions on some journeyman offensive lineman who will in no way actually help the team win.

Maybe Im wrong but wont we have some money to spend next year? If TO isnt resigned thats 7.5 mill, we had to save some money letting Dockery and Walker go, and yes I realize we have to eat part of their signing bonuses. Cut or trade Roscoe and Kelsay, etc? But then again Im sure we'll spend millions on some journeyman offensive lineman who will in no way actually help the team win.

cash to crap indeed

The Bills saved almost $15 in running Peters, Dockery and Walker out of town.

This was money they included in their roster to meet their cash-to-cap budget.

Yet that money went right to Ralph's pocket since they did not use a dime of it to upgrade the roster.

and don't even bring up TO, since he was signed long before this fiasco and paid for with increased ticket sales

I don't have a problem with cash to the cap. It's prudent business. These men play a F'k ing game, a game that they love. They're not working as hard as Dairy Farmers. All owners should put their foot down... and Dairy Farmers across North America should dump their milk until they (these the true heros) get paid.

Dan Snyder was born with a silver Dildo in his mouth. He can eat my Reeses feeces and share it with Jerry Jones. And if Bob Kraft wants to come over for the corn (Hole) maze- so be it.

The NY team (Buffalo), simply has pathetic phethic coaching philosopies. Tampa 2 Sucks, Turk Offense Sucks. Jaron, for all his Ivy League Luster, is a copy-cat, not an innovator. If you have an attitude, you can copy (Singletary), if you have a brain, you need to excercise it (Belicheat).

I'm so sick of this.