A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) Jauron looked like a psych patient on the sidelines to the point that he was making me nervous. Seriously, Ralph might be doing him a favor to fire him.

2) This team isn't just bad.....it is weak. Watch highlight films of other teams and you will notice that they have NFL football players who are actually strong.

3) Jonathan Scott, huh? Terrance Pennington was a much better player and that is just so sad, if not a tad amusing. I only noticed a couple of plays on which he didn't get beat.

4) Folks, when you use your first picks in a draft on players such as Whitner, McKelvin, Parrish, etc., your team is going to suck UNLESS a foundation is in place. In 2004, we took Lee Evans and JP Losman in round 1, with no blocking mind you. Vern Carey and Vince Wilfork were there.

5) I officially categorize Lee Evans as a "compiler of statistics." On paper, he doesn't look so bad. However, reality tells us that he gets open once in a while and makes a play. He can run that ticket selling deep pattern every now and then and catch a touchdown, or look good on an out, but he is an offensive version of Donte Whitner, a wasted pick.

6) LOL....I think that TO is overwhelmed. He sounded like an average joe in his press conference. He had a positive outlook and was making sense.

7) Serious question, OK? I am an old man who attends a community college. Jauron, although older than me, is a Yale grad. Why am I able to figure out that Chambers should be playing LT instead of RT, while this absolute fact is lost on him? Make no mistake, Chambers was horrible at RT. Last year, he sucked at Guard. The only decent games he ever had were at LT where he used his agility. I just don't understand. Jauron wouldn't know how to do my job, Yale degree or not, yet posters like us can point at his dumb moves and philosophy and actually be correct. I can't grasp this; help would be appreciated.

8) Here is what I'm gonna do.....starting Sunday, I'm going to take a closer, more objective look at Trent. I have never hid the fact that I like the kid, nor will I now. But, I saw a couple of things that really did concern me today. I will go into more detail during the week. Anybody who reads my posts, especially the "old crew," knows that I was not a fan of drafting Losman, or of Losman as a quarterback. Maybe I gave Trent too much room based on this. That said, as a Bills fan, I am going to re-evaluate my assessment of Edwards starting now. Fair enough?

9) When Simon tells you that Schobel is a player, listen to him, OK? I learned many years ago that when you argue with Simon about the Bills, you are more than likely to be wrong. Even Kelsay had a great play vs. Carey. Funny, but the best players on the field today were TD guys. Go figure.

10) People, concentrate on the good things in your life. It will help you get over disasters like this. There are no fans like us. I am convinced of this. Although I live each day knowing that "some day" we will be champions, it occured to me that as fans, and loyal people, we already are.

11) See ya Sunday at RWS! :lol:

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Ralph would be doing us all a favor.

2) It is both bad AND weak.

3) Jonathan Scott makes Terrance Pennington look like Orlando Pace

4) Didn't they trade back INTO the round to get Loco Losman?

5) Stats compiled Sunday: 2rec/ 60yds

6) His outlook was not positive, it was detached from reality. "A couple plays from being 3-1 or 4-0"

7) Sports scholarship.

8) Let me save you the work. Trent is a weenie.

9) Simon Says

10) You are right, there are no fans like us. Except maybe Raider, Lions, Browns and Bengal fans.

I'm not gonna blame Evans for a thing, b/c he has shown us nothing but positives when thrown the ball, and has been a + in run-blocking since he's been here. I'd love to see TE throw him the ball 5+ times a game, but it just isn't happening.

As for #10, I agree whole-heartedly- for all our problems, I'm glad I'm a part of the Buffalo Bills community.... I just hope that one day we finally see a championship... I'm only 25 but I still pray that we get one before I go! And God knwos that's not a guarantee....

You wont se the Bills ever win a superbowl or anything else cause under Wilson, you know what you are going to get. And once he dies, the team will no longer be the Buffalo Bills as they leave for another city. Keep dreaming pal...the Bills are dead just like the city of Buffalo. Time to move on!

It's not easy to evaluate Trent after a game like that. Did he play poorly? 100% yes. But you might as well play with no tackles at this point. The original Butler/Bell tackles, to me, were much better than you gave them credit for. (Who cares about that now? We only had a game and a half to even see that line.) They weren't great but occasionally they held the line and at other times, they could form a pocket.

These backups are far, far worse. If you get pressure on a Brady, you can make him look average. If you get pressure on a Trent, you make him look like crap. I'd panic and checkdown a lot too with huge guys coming in to knock me out on every play.

It's not easy to evaluate Trent after a game like that. Did he play poorly? 100% yes. But you might as well play with no tackles at this point. The original Butler/Bell tackles, to me, were much better than you gave them credit for. (Who cares about that now? We only had a game and a half to even see that line.) They weren't great but occasionally they held the line and at other times, they could form a pocket.

These backups are far, far worse. If you get pressure on a Brady, you can make him look average. If you get pressure on a Trent, you make him look like crap. I'd panic and checkdown a lot too with huge guys coming in to knock me out on every play.

All of the above is true. Scott was as bad as anything I have ever seen at LT and as a Bills fan, that is a huge statement.

Btw, what did you think of the "performance" by Magee? He was flat out torched all day, no? Of course, he was playing so far back that one guy caught a pass for 12 yards or so and Magee was nowhere near him.

Jauron football is an insult to us all. We have skimpy little late round linebackers, undersized defensive linemen (although Schobel and Stroud do their jobs), and a star studded list of small defensive backs who play so far from scrimage that the might as well be in the stands drinking with the fans. Our OTs suck beyond comprehension. As a fan, when you anxiously are awaiting the return of on Demetrius Bell, I gotta tell you that things are beyond bad.

This team used its best draft picks on defensive backs, circus side show acts, and gadget players, often giving away picks in this ugly process. Now the chickens are home to roost. You personally have known this for many years as have many others, but the front office either doesn't care or is worse at what they do than one could easily imagine.

You know your offensive line is bad when you're fussing over whether Johnathan Scott or Terrence Pennington are better.

If we, as fans, and all the professional talking heads saw this O-line disaster coming what that say for the professionals at OBD who make these decisions?

Unfortunately, this reminds me of the Detroit Lions on draft day every year. Fans are flabbergasted. Talking heads are just wondering what the hell is going on...yet Matt Millen and company firmly believe they did the right thing in their draft.

ya but arent these guys a "really good group of guys" and dont they "just need to execute the plays better because they had some opportunities"....same old BS.

"You saw the game, just like I did," Wilson said outside the locker room. "What do you want me to say? What do you say?"

RW to DJ, "Dick, it's been fun but you need to go. And take Brandon with you."

That's what you say Ralph! I know that's what I would say.

8) Here is what I'm gonna do.....starting Sunday, I'm going to take a closer, more objective look at Trent. I have never hid the fact that I like the kid, nor will I now. But, I saw a couple of things that really did concern me today. I will go into more detail during the week. Anybody who reads my posts, especially the "old crew," knows that I was not a fan of drafting Losman, or of Losman as a quarterback. Maybe I gave Trent too much room based on this. That said, as a Bills fan, I am going to re-evaluate my assessment of Edwards starting now. Fair enough?

What? No pithy comeback about JP Losman when someone talks about Edwards anymore? No, please remain on your high horse about how Edwards is so great and Bill Walsh recommended him. Also, reference his record (as if it's all his doing for the reason the Bills won). Keep your blinders, on, please. Continue to note his "poise", and other unquantifiable things as to the reason why he's a great quarterback and better than Jay Cutler.

- Same old story as far as pass coverage goes. Our guys stand back 10 yards, let them run routes underneath. Some actual coverage would be pretty cool once in a while.

- Haven't seen the D gashed up the middle like that for a long while now... and it was the same lame wildcat play each time.

- I lost count of how many times the tackles straight up whiffed on blocks. The screen game is nowhere near it was w/o Bell in there.

- Trent was staring down whatever receiver he wanted to throw to. If it was there he threw a hard to catch ball and if it wasn't he went to the well covered checkdown man. There were several occassions where he could have taken off for 5-10 yards but dumped it off for a gain of 1 or 2.

- The running game really wasn't all that improved with the ML/FJ combo. Freddy did indeed look better when he was on the field.

- I now remember why Wendling doesn't play on D.

- Jauron lost the shades so we can be inspired by that lost look in his face.

What? No pithy comeback about JP Losman when someone talks about Edwards anymore? No, please remain on your high horse about how Edwards is so great and Bill Walsh recommended him. Also, reference his record (as if it's all his doing for the reason the Bills won). Keep your blinders, on, please. Continue to note his "poise", and other unquantifiable things as to the reason why he's a great quarterback and better than Jay Cutler.

OK...I'll do all of that if you promise to write us a nice little love sonnet about Losman.

Deal?

1) Jauron looked like a psych patient on the sidelines to the point that he was making me nervous. Seriously, Ralph might be doing him a favor to fire him.

that's the look of a man thats set for life financially with what amounts to $9 MM of fan money in his pocket going thru the motions.

1. I am generally not in favor of firing coaches in the middle of the season but yesterday it looked like the team has quit on DJ. That they have stopped trying. Watching a bunch of professional athletes randomly flailing about on the field and running around with no sense of determination, purpose or direction was downright disgusting. I don't care who is doing the favor on who but DJ must go. Eight division losses, apathy setting in at Game # 4 - enough !

2. Weak maybe but more unmotivated and uncoordinated

3. Man, our tackles looked like school kids playing a man's game yesterday.

4. I agree in principle but there has to be a balance. You can only take 'best available player' philosophy so far without drafting for need.

5. Disagree. Evans is a gamer, a team man and a decent individual. He is the one person on this team who has been mis/under utilized

6. TO is perhaps wondering if money is worth this ignominy

7. Both our tackles are terrible. I am wondering if we shouldn't get Runyan and change our O philosophy now. We don't have the personnel to run the no huddle and an O that requires 'athletic OL'

8. Please do that. You should have started at the beginning of this season. Things about Trent that were nagging me since last year are now getting confirmed week after week - inability to use the full field, not being able to make his reads fast enough and inaccuracy at inopportune times

9. Schobel, Kelsay and Parrish were the only three that made ANY plays yesterday. But three players don't a team make

10. No kidding. But it is kinda difficult to do when the team you so passionately love lets you down in as dramatic a fashion as this one

that's the look of a man thats set for life financially with what amounts to $9 MM of fan money in his pocket going thru the motions.

Very ture, but he cannot be enjoying this. One would think that he is already set for life on a financial level. If so, perhaps he could work out some sort of settlement with Ralph and just leave town.

Mark my words....Levy will finish out the season as coach if Jauron is fired or quits. Ralph probably thinks that this will draw interest to the team, and he might be right. People on this board defend him as a GM. But, the only real hope for this team is a true football man like Marty Schottenheimer. I would even gladly take his kid as our head coach.

I am seriously starting to believe that Jauron is worse than Kotite.

Very ture, but he cannot be enjoying this. One would think that he is already set for life on a financial level. If so, perhaps he could work out some sort of settlement with Ralph and just leave town.

Mark my words....Levy will finish out the season as coach if Jauron is fired or quits. Ralph probably thinks that this will draw interest to the team, and he might be right. People on this board defend him as a GM. But, the only real hope for this team is a true football man like Marty Schottenheimer. I would even gladly take his kid as our head coach.

I am seriously starting to believe that Jauron is worse than Kotite.

no way Levy comes back into this mess. not a chance, why do you think he walked away in the 1st place?

and i disagree on jauron too. he's shown me hes a scapegoat artist who deftly has others take the blame for his short comings. he may not know what hes doing as a coach but he does as a politician and he knows he pulled a fast one on wilson and the fans with that extension. the guy had no remaining options in this league at the end of last season yet he got a $3MM/yr, 3 yr deal from a notoriously cheap team. if thats not a cagey politician what is?

OK...I'll do all of that if you promise to write us a nice little love sonnet about Losman.

Deal?

funny thing is, the boat for losman sailed a long time ago. i admitted that he wasn't the answer. however, i wasn't blinded by (presumably) a man-crush on trent edwards to realize that he isn't a great quarterback.

It's going to be tough to evaluate Trent fairly with those two OTs in the game. I mean, at the end of the game Miami was only rushing 3 defensive linemen...the middle held up (as it should), but the edges still collapsed the pocket ridiculously fast. I'm not sure that either Scott or Chambers slowed either of those DEs down for even a small fraction of a second.

- Trent was staring down whatever receiver he wanted to throw to. If it was there he threw a hard to catch ball and if it wasn't he went to the well covered checkdown man. There were several occassions where he could have taken off for 5-10 yards but dumped it off for a gain of 1 or 2.

He looked like a deer in headlights. On the plays he actually had time he would take one look at a WR and immediatley whip it over to checkdown. A couple times almost getting Freddy killed. Trent is way to obvious any more, my god try a pump fake or something.

I watch the games on TV so I can't really tell, are our receivers that inept at getting open?