Does anyone pay for pet insurance?

zevo

My two dogs have cost me a total of 3000$ the past month. I am thinking of lookinh into pet insurance. Anyone use or have experience with it? Anyone company you would recommend? Thanks

Have it. Agree...not bad, but not great.

I am probably gonna get flamed for this, but here goes.

Are you serious!

:thumbsup::worthy:

Back in the cold dark ages, pet insurance was called animal euthanasia.

I know I am gonna take flak for this... But, go gently on me!

:wallbash:

I can just see it now... "Pet Healthcare Reform now!" Campaign slogan: 2040

B-)

My two dogs have cost me a total of 3000$ the past month. I am thinking of lookinh into pet insurance. Anyone use or have experience with it? Anyone company you would recommend? Thanks

Sounds like your dogs have a pre-existing condition so it may be too late. :unsure:

We've had two cats over the years and never had it. We spent a few bucks on them (the first one more so) but not sure how much the insurance is so I don't know if it would be worth it. Our second cat had throat cancer and they were afraid he'd suffocate so we had him put down pretty quickly so the cost of trying to "save" him was relatively minimal.

We have one dog and have a Wellness plan through PetSmart/Banfield which covers regular visits and good discounts on sick visits.

We have one dog and have a Wellness plan through PetSmart/Banfield which covers regular visits and good discounts on sick visits.

How expensive is it and how much of a break do you get on sick visits, surgeries, etc.?