Keith Ellison Solutions

Everyone likes to grade Keith Ellison as inadequate. So what is the solution?

Lets bring in Brandon Spoon.

Harris, Buggs (before Poz injury), and Bowen (before he was cut) are all better than Ellison IMO. How could any of them possibly be worse? My vote is Harris.

Harris, Buggs (before Poz injury), and Bowen (before he was cut) are all better than Ellison IMO. How could any of them possibly be worse? My vote is Harris.

This is a completely faceless observation.

But you guys are right. Ellison is the sole reason we lost last week. :thumbsup:

This is a completely faceless observation.

But you guys are right. Ellison is the sole reason we lost last week. :thumbsup:

Well its hard to put it on one player, but you could say that for the Pats game. If Ellison does not play, we would have won that game. And no I am not only talking about the two TD catches, but the other 12-15 catches he allowed. Ellison also missed 3-4 key tackles vrs the Saints which resulted in 50+ yards of rushing for P. Thomas. People wonder why this team cant make the playoffs, its because those same people view Ellison as a good player. Ellison has been the absolute weakest link in this defense so far this season. Get your eyes off the stat sheet and watch the game for once and you will see what I am talking about. Then again maybe you wont...

Well its hard to put it on one player, but you could say that for the Pats game. If Ellison does not play, we would have won that game. And no I am not only talking about the two TD catches, but the other 12-15 catches he allowed. Ellison also missed 3-4 key tackles vrs the Saints which resulted in 50+ yards of rushing for P. Thomas. People wonder why this team cant make the playoffs, its because those same people view Ellison as a good player. Ellison has been the absolute weakest link in this defense so far this season. Get your eyes off the stat sheet and watch the game for once and you will see what I am talking about. Then again maybe you wont...

So you're saying that your observational opoinion is Mitchell has played better than Ellison so far this year??

So you're saying that your observational opoinion is Mitchell has played better than Ellison so far this year??

Absolutly. There are a couple of ways to be noticed. One is that you make such good plays people notice you. Another is that you are so terrible people notice you. The average guys rarely get noticed because they dont make mistakes but also dont make huge plays. I have not noticed much from Mitchel this season, so he has been average. The entire second half vrs the Saints and NE I get saying "F***ing Ellison again, he s*ucks" as he allowed run after run and catch after catch.

Mitchell is a strong side backer and blows up blocks well and turns the RB inside like he is supposed to do. Ellison over pursues or just straight up misses the tackle. He does not blow up blocks but rather is consumed by them which allows the RB to run inside or outside. Mitchel has been better in pass coverage and has gotten pressure on blitzes.

You out there seem suprised that I think Mitchel is better than Ellison. What games are you watching that show any different?

SOLUTIONS... a new fragrance from Keith Ellison...

This Christmas, get the man in your life SOLUTIONS... it's simply intoxicating...

then ole' Keith would bust a Jack Palance... slap some SOLUTIONS on and say something to the effect of "Confidence is very sexy... don't you think?"

Hahaha that is beautiful.

The stat sheet is very misleading ,agree 100%

The stat sheet is very misleading ,agree 100%

Nice to see some people who know a little about football in this thread.

Ellison is a major weakness on defense and Mitchell has played a hell of a lot better. I find it almost unbearable to watch how opposing teams run and pass on Ellison all game long. Granted, he does his best and every now and then makes a big play. But he is way too small and weak for what he is asked to do. The sad part is I don't think we have anyone on our roster who can do a better job at this point.

LB was a weakness heading into the season and still is. Now with a depleted secondary it could get ugly.

Ellison is better than all of those guys, and if you believe otherwise you might just be a fool! Ellison has been playing his ass off.

Ellison is better than all of those guys, and if you believe otherwise you might just be a fool! Ellison has been playing his ass off.

The benefit of Brandon Spoon over Keith Ellison, however, is that Spoon is a ST "Ace"

Plus, I like to call him Brandon Spoon MAN, cuz that there SPOONMAN is a good jam, and thus a good nickname for Brandon.

Now, rumor has it that Jonas Jennings is still floating around on the FA market as well. If we could get Brandon Spoon and Jonas Jennings back in here, we could kick it old school, like an old fool, that's so cool... and party like it's 2k1.

Nice to see some people who know a little about football in this thread.

Ellison is a major weakness on defense and Mitchell has played a hell of a lot better. I find it almost unbearable to watch how opposing teams run and pass on Ellison all game long. Granted, he does his best and every now and then makes a big play. But he is way too small and weak for what he is asked to do. The sad part is I don't think we have anyone on our roster who can do a better job at this point.

LB was a weakness heading into the season and still is. Now with a depleted secondary it could get ugly.

Yes it is good to see that someone else noticed Ellisons terrible play. Too many people remember the 2-3 big stops he made vrs NE/TB, look at his tackles/stats and go "Ellison is great this year" Well no he is terrible. Hate to break it to you but that is a FACT.

Well, I cant hate the guy for trying his best, which I am sure he is. I cant hate Ellison for being on the field, and I dont. But Ellison does suck something awful and has been just terrible this season. I blame Jauron for this.

Everyone likes to grade Keith Ellison as inadequate. So what is the solution?

Lets bring in Brandon Spoon.

For the most part, this defense is playing well. How can you point to Ellison as a problem? If the offense stays on the field against the Saints, they have a chance, and probably win. Against the Pats, I don't see how a team coached by an Ivy League, big brained coach can allow Ben Watson to beat them on the same play for two touchdowns. The scheme and coaching adjustments shoulda helped compensate for that.

everyone keeps talking about trading this player or trading this skill player or that skill player and things will get better for the Bills...the two biggest weakness on this team are it's inability to win the war of the trenches (mostly on offense this year) and it's coaching staff.

this isn't syaing ellison is a great linebacker...it just means you can plug a Ray Lewis into his position, and it wouldn't make a difference.