Since the Bills have the look of a 6-10 team ...

dave mcbride

Who are the favorites to be the coach next year?

Re: the record, I could be wrong, but they're pretty banged up and they're going to be playing a large number of pretty good teams the rest of the way (Atl, NE, NYJ twice, TN [much better than their record], Miami twice [ditto], Indy, and Houston). Since Jauron is pretty good at beating bad teams, I suspect they'll do OK against KC, the Browns, Carolina, the Jags, and maybe Miami once. That'll get them to 6-10 and about #9 in the draft.

Are there any coordinators out there who look particularly impressive? I'm guessing they'll want an offensive coach, but I could be wrong. What's the word on Brian Schottenheimer? I thought it was interesting that Ryan kept him. That suggests that he's respected. What about this guy? He coached o-line under Ferentz before going to the Packers: http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/philbin_joe/

Among the retreads, Marty Schottenheimer isn't coming back, and Cowher, Holmgren, and Shanahan are out of the picture. I could see Gruden being intrigued by the talent, but we'd never pay him what he'll want (@$5 million).

That is very hard to say with Ralph as the owner, due to the fact, we would have to look for a decent coordinator that tried as a head coach and failed, that way they come cheap, how many are out there that are not locked up in broadcasting contracts.

we need to find the next mike tomlin. somewhere.

Dick Jauron....if the Bills signing a big name coach were an option my answer would be different, but that isn't an option. I would rather have the Bills keep their current staff, and hope that Jauron will learn from all of his mistakes at some point. However, if the Bills finish the season 4-12 or worse, and show no signs of improvement...an assistant needs to be canned and some vets need to be cut.

How about Brian Billick? He's an offensive-minded guy with an edge to him. He's the exact opposite of Jauron in a way which most everyone here thinks is a good thing. Plus he won a superbowl with another mundane QB named Trent. :unsure:

How about Brian Billick? He's an offensive-minded guy with an edge to him. He's the exact opposite of Jauron in a way which most everyone here thinks is a good thing. Plus he won a superbowl with another mundane QB named Trent. :unsure:

an offensive minded guy who never put together an offense in balt. i'll pass