From the WTF File - SF Style

Chef Jim

He may have put a nail in his CA Gov run next year with this one.

Mayor and new daddy Gavin Newsom will unveil a plan to provide every San Francisco kindergartener with a $50 "savings bond" for college - just as soon as he can figure out how to make sure illegal immigrants can qualify.

I was really hoping it was a typo and that was supposed to say trying to figure out how to make sure illegals can't qualify. I'm really kind of speechless on this one.

I was really hoping it was a typo and that was supposed to say trying to figure out how to make sure illegals can't qualify. I'm really kind of speechless on this one.

Nail in his coffin? Are you kidding me? Promising that as governor you will give every illegal kindergartener fifty bucks will all but assure he wins in a landslide.

Nail in his coffin? Are you kidding me? Promising that as governor you will give every illegal kindergartener fifty bucks will all but assure he wins in a landslide.

Come on dude, I have more faith in you folks down inside the Orange curtain. Where's your outrage? Remember 187? It did pass if you recall.

Sort of reminds me of what I saw back in Bolivia about 6 years ago. Evo Morales, the president of bolivia, would have these trucks outside the polling booths, and they would give free "maraquetta's" (which are like loaves of a certain kind of bread) and coffee if you voted for him. I'm thinkin that this influenced a segment of the population

I don't put anything past the left's desire to get as many liberal governors in this country as possible.

I'm going to get involved any way I can to make sure that doesn't happen. When I read this......

And will Newsom take the program statewide if he wins?

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it," said mayoral spokesman Nathan Ballard. "Right now we want to get it up and running in San Francisco."

I hear yes.

Right on. It's time to fight.

I like what I've heard from Meg Whitman, just not sure if she could pull it off with all those well intrenched politicians in Sacramento. I like her idea of putting all the illegals up for bid on Ebay to build up the general fund. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like what I've heard from Meg Whitman, just not sure if she could pull it off with all those well intrenched politicians in Sacramento. I like her idea of putting all the illegals up for bid on Ebay to build up the general fund. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carly Fiorina is getting into this as well. Not sure what her chances are, but at this point I'm starting to think like liberals on health care: anything is better than nothing. :wallbash:

I just read this about her on Wiki. I now really think she could handle those politicians in Sacramento:

In January 1997, Ms Whitman joined Hasbro's Playschool Division as a General Manager, overseeing global management and marketing of two of the world's best-known children's brands, Playskool and Mr. Potato Head.

:wallbash:

I just read this about her on Wiki. I now really think she could handle those politicians in Sacramento:

:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that Nancy Pelosi will soon start talking about how Whitman had plans last year to expand the Mr. Potato Head line by adding three new types of giant ears and a Hitler moustache because she is a racist who hates Obama and America, and we must kill Whitman right this minute before the right wingers turn violent again.

I'm pretty sure that Nancy Pelosi will soon start talking about how Whitman had plans last year to expand the Mr. Potato Head line by adding three new types of giant ears and a Hitler moustache because she is a racist who hates Obama and America, and we must kill Whitman right this minute before the right wingers turn violent again.

Or that Whitman put the stop to the line of Mr Sweet Potato Head which is proof she hates gays.

Isn't this the dude who was boning his best friend/campaign manager's wife and then put her on some bogus disability deal so she could collect from the city? Yup, more change we can believe in from the left! :thumbsup:

Also got a chuckle out of this nit in the article:

In recent years, San Francisco police have put up 71 closed-circuit cameras throughout the city. But thanks to Big Brother-type fears, nobody actually monitors them.

:thumbsup:

Oh, that's just !@#$ing brilliant. :thumbsup:

I was talking to some people that I work with that are from SF and we were talking about the homeless problem, which everyone knows is terrible here. I've heard way too many stories of tourists who say they'll never come back because of it. Anyway they say the SF cops are "afraid" to move the transients along because of coming across as too aggressive. If only the government would enforce the laws on the books we wouldn't have to create rules to fix the mess from the non-enforcement of the existing laws.

They also have banned plastic bags for 2 years. I had a better solution killing two birds with one stone. Pay the bums to pick up the plastic bags.

SF has a nice plaza and lawn in front of City Hall, a beautiful building. Usually there are 1-2 dozen bums sleeping on it. When it rains, they go into the Main Library, which is on the Plaza. I have to look up info in the library when i have a job in SF. IT stinks so bad that you have to breathe through your mouth. The bathrooms are worse. I found out that the basement one, next to the cafe is ignored by the bums. I use that one when I have to.

They also have banned plastic bags for 2 years. I had a better solution killing two birds with one stone. Pay the bums to pick up the plastic bags.

SF has a nice plaza and lawn in front of City Hall, a beautiful building. Usually there are 1-2 dozen bums sleeping on it. When it rains, they go into the Main Library, which is on the Plaza. I have to look up info in the library when i have a job in SF. IT stinks so bad that you have to breathe through your mouth. The bathrooms are worse. I found out that the basement one, next to the cafe is ignored by the bums. I use that one when I have to.

I was talking to my wife this weekend. If the local cops just kept the bums moving, giving them a hard time, making their life miserable they'd clear out pretty quick. But because the local government is afraid to be tough on anyone they're in the process of ruining a great city.

From a letter to the editor in today's Chronicle:

Dear Mr. Mayor: Parent to parent

To Mayor Gavin Newsom: Twenty-six years ago, I welcomed my baby daughter , much like you welcomed Montana Tessa Newsom to the world. My baby has grown up, left Traverse City, the "Bay Area" of Michigan, for your city. The difference is we don't have ignored deterioration and gang wars. The other day, there was gang violence around the block from the San Francisco home she rents with five other professionals. I could not believe how San Francisco has deteriorated - the wharf was gross and dirty. The snapshot I had in my head from 20 years ago is gone.

As you look into your daughter's eyes, think of me and my worries of my Traverse City girl in your city. At school in Chicago for five years, not even a pencil was taken. Just in a month after living in San Francisco, her new MacBook Pro was stolen from her locked car, her street has been blocked off, and a murder has taken place in her neighborhood. Please make your city safe again.

CINDY ANDERSON Traverse City, Mich.

I was talking to my wife this weekend. If the local cops just kept the bums moving, giving them a hard time, making their life miserable they'd clear out pretty quick. But because the local government is afraid to be tough on anyone they're in the process of ruining a great city.

From a letter to the editor in today's Chronicle:

Dear Mr. Mayor: Parent to parent

To Mayor Gavin Newsom: Twenty-six years ago, I welcomed my baby daughter , much like you welcomed Montana Tessa Newsom to the world. My baby has grown up, left Traverse City, the "Bay Area" of Michigan, for your city. The difference is we don't have ignored deterioration and gang wars. The other day, there was gang violence around the block from the San Francisco home she rents with five other professionals. I could not believe how San Francisco has deteriorated - the wharf was gross and dirty. The snapshot I had in my head from 20 years ago is gone.

As you look into your daughter's eyes, think of me and my worries of my Traverse City girl in your city. At school in Chicago for five years, not even a pencil was taken. Just in a month after living in San Francisco, her new MacBook Pro was stolen from her locked car, her street has been blocked off, and a murder has taken place in her neighborhood. Please make your city safe again.

CINDY ANDERSON Traverse City, Mich.

Where's John Wawrow on this one? I thought the left cared about stopping crime? Eff the liberals.

I'm not sure if this exists anymore in Canada but my parents and every other parents in Ontario (Not sure if Canada wide) received what was called the 'Baby Bonus' check every month for every child under the age of 18.

It wasn't based on income or anything, just to promote and help families.

I could just see the flack over this in the states. I might move back to Canada, what a civilized country.