"Captain check down"

DJ and Edward are far too alike and it shows on 4th in one or when its time to throw deep. Why make a play for 40 yards when you can make one for 5... Why go for 4th and one with the game on the line when you can punt and try later... Same mentality. Edwards is not the guy to lead a team against a tough opponent. How many QB's in the league would be begging about throwing to Evans, TO and Reed. Some QBs make their WRs look good. Some make them look bad.

Don't buy into the Oline wasn't protecting enough which is what I'm sure ESPN will be cramming down our throat. If a QB holds the ball longer then 3-5 secs its the QBs fault. End of story... No more excuses about the WRs not getting open because Evans is the only good one. This was Edwards year to show he can do it. Grade FAIL. Fitz could throw to a RB or TE all day. Why do we need Edwards to do it. Not say hes better :huh: put both Jackson and Lynch back there and just forget the QB all together. Doesn't take much of an arm to check down...

Print it!!! Edwards = Captain check down

DJ and Edward are far too alike and it shows on 4th in one or when its time to throw deep. Why make a play for 40 yards when you can make one for 5... Why go for 4th and one with the game on the line when you can punt and try later... Same mentality. Edwards is not the guy to lead a team against a tough opponent. How many QB's in the league would be begging about throwing to Evans, TO and Reed. Some QBs make their WRs look good. Some make them look bad.

Don't buy into the Oline wasn't protecting enough which is what I'm sure ESPN will be cramming down our throat. If a QB holds the ball longer then 3-5 secs its the QBs fault. End of story... No more excuses about the WRs not getting open because Evans is the only good one. This was Edwards year to show he can do it. Grade FAIL. Fitz could throw to a RB or TE all day. Why do we need Edwards to do it. Not say hes better :censored: put both Jackson and Lynch back there and just forget the QB all together. Doesn't take much of an arm to check down...

from now on we should use "Captain Checkdown" as his name in all futures posts!!!!

Don't buy into the Oline wasn't protecting enough which is what I'm sure ESPN will be cramming down our throat. If a QB holds the ball longer then 3-5 secs its the QBs fault. End of story... No more excuses about the WRs not getting open because Evans is the only good one. This was Edwards year to show he can do it. Grade FAIL. Fitz could throw to a RB or TE all day. Why do we need Edwards to do it. Not say hes better :censored: put both Jackson and Lynch back there and just forget the QB all together. Doesn't take much of an arm to check down...

Simple solution.Have T.O ,Evans,Reed,Nelson,Jackson all run streak patterns without a checkdown.Force Trent to throw down the field

As I have said in a different post, if Captain Checkdown was our FG holder he would have nevber thrown th e ball down the field to Denney!!!!

I thought the play calling went south, Also I noticed on a few plays they were 8 yards off on owens 4 the love of God get him the ball in space greer cant tackle him one on one but over all it was close till late in the fourth the only plus that came out of the game, should've went for it on fourth and 1 :censored:

I thought the play calling went south, Also I noticed on a few plays they were 8 yards off on owens 4 the love of God get him the ball in space greer cant tackle him one on one but over all it was close till late in the fourth the only plus that came out of the game, should've went for it on fourth and 1 :censored:

I don't think the play calling deteriorated. I think once NO realized that all they have to defend is the short to medium end of the field, our success of the 1st Q went away. If Trent had attempted and completed a few medium to long throws, there would be a lot more opportunities for jackson to run and for the occasional screen.

You didn't watch the game did you? Or you would be saying that the O Line sucked today as well, as did Handgartner and his snapping the bal, half the time it bounced to Edwards. Edwards was far from great, but he had a better game then the O Line, which played like all the experts thought they would this year, had.

The O-line really struggled today.

I top notch QB would have still been able to make some plays. Trent is not a top notch QB.

He had no time to get the ball downfield, but there were times when he should have been able to make a play and was not able. This is another in a long list of examples where Trent is not a franchise QB. The line was bad, but the defense held a very good offense to 13 points through 2 quarters. The Bills were in position to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Trent needed to find a way to lead this team to victory and did not.

The O-line really struggled today.

I top notch QB would have still been able to make some plays. Trent is not a top notch QB.

He had no time to get the ball downfield, but there were times when he should have been able to make a play and was not able. This is another in a long list of examples where Trent is not a franchise QB. The line was bad, but the defense held a very good offense to 13 points through 2 quarters. The Bills were in position to take the lead in the 4th quarter. Trent needed to find a way to lead this team to victory and did not.

Hell, even a 300-year-old Kerry Collins made passes into tight double coverage today, something that Cpt. D. Checkdown, Holcomb Scholar emeritus wouldn't ever THINK of doing.

You didn't watch the game did you? Or you would be saying that the O Line sucked today as well, as did Handgartner and his snapping the bal, half the time it bounced to Edwards. Edwards was far from great, but he had a better game then the O Line, which played like all the experts thought they would this year, had.

BS...a few bad snaps does not equal "half the time". Its easy to sit there and say that, but in reality in the vast majority of the offensive plays there were no bad snaps, so whats your excuse for him not getting the job done then? Whats your excuse for him over throwing Owens by 9 yards on a clear TD opportunity?

Seriously, enough excuses for this kid...he has to man up, find some moxy, and start making some dam plays already...its been 3 years now and he is loaded with weapons.

Two BIG misses cost the Bills the game today, and both were to TO. The forced throw that got picked- don't throw it to a guy just to do it, throw it if it has a chance of getting caught- and the deep pass to TO that Edwards just blew. If Edwards doesn't overthrow that ball, that's at least a 50 yard gain, if not a TD. At either of those points, the offense had the momentum and (seemingly) the wherewithal to keep plugging. After those two blown plays, as well as the most wussy 4th and 1 punt call in recent memory, the game was over, and everyone on the field knew it.

The o-line struggled today badly, particularly on the edges but I also thought that the play calling left a lot to be desired in that I thought they came out and tried to establish the pass first against a poor run defense which I feel was a mistake. Freddie was out of rhythm all game. That said Trent played horribly however to place the blame souly on his shoulders is ridiculous. I do have faith in AVP to make the necessary adjustments however unlike Turk who would just shove his game plan down his throat. Bottom line is AVP is three games in as a play caller and there will be bumps like the one today where he got schooled hardcore by his former head coach.

Edwards had, at best, a 2-one-thousand count every time he dropped back to pass. not a lot of time for those deep plays to develop.

but there is no use looking for ONE person or group to blame, other than the offense as a whole.

the Line sucked, the QB sucked, the WRs sucked, the TEs sucked, the O-Coordinator sucked...

reed and jackson came to play. thats about it today.

Edwards had, at best, a 2-one-thousand count every time he dropped back to pass. not a lot of time for those deep plays to develop.

but there is no use looking for ONE person or group to blame, other than the offense as a whole.

the Line sucked, the QB sucked, the WRs sucked, the TEs sucked, the O-Coordinator sucked...

I fully agree, those two guys deserve a lot of credit, and if I'm a defensive player for the Bills right now, I'm tearing my hair out. That whole unit came to play and played well, got their offense the ball time and time again, and no one could do a damn thing with the ball.

BS...a few bad snaps does not equal "half the time". Its easy to sit there and say that, but in reality in the vast majority of the offensive plays there were no bad snaps, so whats your excuse for him not getting the job done then? Whats your excuse for him over throwing Owens by 9 yards on a clear TD opportunity?

Seriously, enough excuses for this kid...he has to man up, find some moxy, and start making some dam plays already...its been 3 years now and he is loaded with weapons.

A few? half of the plays is a display of my frustration, but to say a few, there were 3 plays in a row wiht bad snaps at one point in the 4th quarter, and there were several others. I never said Edwards was great, but the he was far from the only problem. With the blocking today, no quarterback would have looked like Joe Montana, more like Ryan Leaf.

I totally agree, there isn't another player on the offense today that I can say I thought they had a "good" game other than Reed and Jackson. If you had to pick an offensive player of the game of for the Bills, I would have to give it to Reed. Almost everyone else was either fumbling, dropping passes, having penalties called on them or missing blocks all day long.

A few? half of the plays is a display of my frustration, but to say a few, there were 3 plays in a row wiht bad snaps at one point in the 4th quarter, and there were several others. I never said Edwards was great, but the he was far from the only problem. With the blocking today, no quarterback would have looked like Joe Montana, more like Ryan Leaf.

Um, yeah what was up with Hangartner and his snaps today?