Parrish Returning Kicks Today

Coach Klein

this is why i dont get the Parrish trade rumors...who would return punts if they trade him? maybe Byrd? maybe he can do that since he wont be playing FS anytime soon....such a stupid pick

Why was it a stupid pick? Everette Brown looks like a bust and he's the guy everyone was clamoring for at the time. How did the Bills know that Byrd's agent, the honorable Eugene Parker, would delay Byrd's surgery and render him worthless during training camp and pre-season?

Why was it a stupid pick? Everette Brown looks like a bust and he's the guy everyone was clamoring for at the time. How did the Bills know that Byrd's agent, the honorable Eugene Parker, would delay Byrd's surgery and render him worthless during training camp and pre-season?

they shouldve went dt or lb imo ron brace, sintim

sean smith wouldve been a better pick for saftey also

Seems like a smart move. Is there too much of a difference between kick returns and punt returns?

Unfortunately, the only thing kick offs and punts have in common is a foot and a ball. Kickoffs fly end over end, while punts spiral. The blocking is entirely different for each. Kickoffs tend to be more violent as players are running at one another from 30 - 40 yards away. I hope his waife like arms can hold onto the ball.

It would only make sense, he doesn't contribute too much anywhere else other than returns. I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be a good returner in both the punt and kickoff. He's is as good as there is with the ball in the open field, there is no reason to believe that he shouldn't be close to as dangerous on kicks as he is with punts.

Unfortunately, the only thing kick offs and punts have in common is a foot and a ball. Kickoffs fly end over end, while punts spiral. The blocking is entirely different for each. Kickoffs tend to be more violent as players are running at one another from 30 - 40 yards away. I hope his waife like arms can hold onto the ball.

Well, you're half right. They are two completely different beasts. But returning punts is just as violent if not more so. In both cases you have guys running at full speed, punt returning tends to lend itself to more blindsides than kick returns, but now with the new rules and the abandonment of the wedge, blocking is tougher on kick returns anyhow. If one of the starting CB's is hurt I think this is a good move as to not get BOTH hurt, and I think it just proves how valuable of a special teamer Roscoe is.

they shouldve went dt or lb imo ron brace, sintim

sean smith wouldve been a better pick for saftey also

Considering Parker screwed the Bills and delayed Byrd from getting into camp, I can't fault them for him being behind the curve. I could buy Brace at DT, but at LB'er, they've got a decent corps, but are loathe to play them, and the same would have applied to Sintim.

OK......I need to say something here....of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but I grow tired of people saying what a lousy pick byrd was......why? WHY was he such a lousy pick? Because the player you wanted wasn't at that selection? Or because you thought we should have used it at another position? OL? They seem to have that covered. LB? We appear to have drafted guys to fill that need.

Byrd may well end up being Whitner's replacement and they are getting him face time before he actually has to take over the spot.....and when that happens fans will be thanking the heavens that he was drafted and PLAYED this year some.

Considering Parker screwed the Bills and delayed Byrd from getting into camp, I can't fault them for him being behind the curve. I could buy Brace at DT, but at LB'er, they've got a decent corps, but are loathe to play them, and the same would have applied to Sintim.

Please explain what the hell your talking about...