4:00 start time again?

dickleyjones

Doesn't it seem strange that we have had two 4:00 kickoffs in a row? I thought the late start time was intended for west coast teams.

CityTV in Toronto has a contract with the NFL to show 4:00 games only. Is it possible that the NFL has moved these games so that fans in Toronto can watch them on their local station?

As a fan in Hamilton I must admit, it is great that I KNOW I can watch the game but 3 late starts in a row seems...odd.

Doesn't it seem strange that we have had two 4:00 kickoffs in a row? I thought the late start time was intended for west coast teams.

CityTV in Toronto has a contract with the NFL to show 4:00 games only. Is it possible that the NFL has moved these games so that fans in Toronto can watch them on their local station?

As a fan in Hamilton I must admit, it is great that I KNOW I can watch the game but 3 late starts in a row seems...odd.

well i think you just cracked the case. makes sense to me.

There was an article about this earlier in the week. I believe Fox needed another game for the late viewership for week 2 and week 3 and it ended up being the Bills game both times. The article mentioned that Rogers Communication had no impact on the 4 p.m start.

My take. Gives the people attending the game three more hours to get obnoxiously drunk. That way when they move the Bills and everyone says "but we sell out every game" they'll counter with "we can't have that kind of behavior, we're trying to make this more family friendly."

Here's a bigger head scratcher. Why are the Jets and Giants both on at 1pm? As long as I have lived in the NYC area (20ish years) I can't remember that ever happening.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized that tomorrow is a holiday. Gotta get the Chosen Ones home by sundown.

Don't think that matters, there's fewer games at 4:00, so they try to move marquee matchups (or players) to the

late game. That's my theory at least. :-)

Yeah, but my point was that if you aren't the national game at 4pm, you're still only televised in the local market.

I don't know what the big deal is, they do Miami @ 4:00 as well. It's done for maximum exposure.

CBS has the doubleheader this week. So on CBS you'll have the early regional games, plus the national game which this week is for most of the country Pitt @ Cinn. Fox gets to show one game, mostly early games. However in cities like Jax, Tenn, and whomever else has an early game on CBS, rather than have the FOX game going up against it, they get to instead choose a late FOX game. Well there's only one west coast NFC road team playing, Chi@ Sea so Fox then needs to move some other normal early start game to late so there are two games to pick as they always want to have a minimum of two games to choose between.

Since most people will watch the CBS Pitt @ Cinn. game, Fox isn't going to move one of their better early games like Atl @ NE, TB @ NYG, or Wash to late. So the least likely watched game was the Buffalo game and that one got moved to 4:00 The only other possible choices were GB @ Stl or Wash @ Det, but Wash has better rating than Buffalo or Tampa, so Bills NO lose out.