Fred Jackson is better then Adrian Peterson (2 games)

DIE HARD 1967

I don't care who starts out of the two, as long as they get around 30 carries between the two of them. This is a good "problem" to have, and they both have varying running styles, Freddy appears to be quicker to hit the hole, while Marshawn is more of a banger and tougher to bring down. They are both good receiving and blocking backs (although M.L dropped too many passes last year) so we won't miss a beat with either of them in an any circumstance.

I would say that we are top 5 in the league as far as running back tandems are concerned.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF... Are you nuts? Lynch carried this offense behind a piece of sh*t OL for two years. I agree he should not be given the starting job back. The locker room would be fractured if he is just given the job back. My hunch is he goes down to Miami fresh and runs for 75-85 yards on about 12 carries. He is going to be a monster. Do you really think it is Fred Jackson that makes the screens work? It is the OL and AVP that have finally gotten this offense working. Lynch is going to be a stud when he comes back.

+1

I don't care who starts out of the two, as long as they get around 30 carries between the two of them. This is a good "problem" to have, and they both have varying running styles, Freddy appears to be quicker to hit the hole, while Marshawn is more of a banger and tougher to bring down. They are both good receiving and blocking backs (although M.L dropped too many passes last year) so we won't miss a beat with either of them in an any circumstance.

I would say that we are top 5 in the league as far as running back tandems are concerned.

+1 on this too

Freddy is a darn good player. He's made our offensive line look pretty good the first two games. It will be very interesting to see what happens when Lynch comes back next week.

Its a 2 back league so expect to see Lynch get at least a third of the snaps next week and than both will see equal amounts of playing time down the road

Adrian Peterson has 272 yards rushing and 42 receiving =314 total yards

Fred Jackson has 220 yards rushing and 108 yards receiving = 328 total yards

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

I agree that Jackson has looked very good, but keep in mind that the endzone shortened many of Peterson's runs. (four) He would have a lot more yards if it weren't for those pesky touchdowns getting in the way.

How is it that ESPN missed this stat when hyping the up the New Orleans Saints this week? :unsure:

Did you know that Fred Jackson has 10 more yards receiving then Terrell Owens? :beer:

Does Freddy Qualify for a liitle CREDIT from the national media?

I sent this stat to Mike and Mike at ESPN this morning and hopefully they will wake up, I suggest you do the same!

Lets flood ESPN with E-mail and get Freddy some credit!

Just something to think about before you replace Fred Jackson with Marshawn Lynch in week #4! (lol)

GO BILLS

-DIE HARD 1967

love freddy. but HELL NO. i barely have time to chat here a little.

ps. trust me if we win 10 games in a row, we will be in the spotlight. until then we have to deal with our team not being the #1 story...

i hope there are some posters who will agree with me when i say this, "lynch is no damn jp loserman" there is not a damn thing wrong with 2 explosive backs. ie: titans 2008 giants 2008. now bills 2009 squad

love the reality and quit with this lynch vs fred crap!

I can't agree with you because I'm not sure I know what you mean. Comparing our former back-up quarterback to our starting RB? I'm not sure what the corelation is...

i hope there are some posters who will agree with me when i say this, "lynch is no damn jp loserman" there is not a damn thing wrong with 2 explosive backs. ie: titans 2008 giants 2008. now bills 2009 squad

love the reality and quit with this lynch vs fred crap!

i think i agree with this post in spirit...having seen the JP/Trent debate dominate this board the past few seasons, i hate to see fertile ground start to be plowed for another back and forth like that before Marshawn has even played a down.

With an OC who seems to have his act together, one of the top WRs in the history of the game to balance things out, tight ends actually having impact, and a line that is (so far) holding up, I for one look forward to seeing how Marshawn makes the Bills an even toughter match up once he gets on the field. If his off field problems eventually cost him the starting gig or even his place on the team, that will play itself out. For now, I want to see this offense get more and more lethal by adding Beast Mode.

How is it that ESPN missed this stat when hyping the up the New Orleans Saints this week? :unsure:

Did you know that Fred Jackson has 10 more yards receiving then Terrell Owens? :)

Does Freddy Qualify for a liitle CREDIT from the national media?

I sent this stat to Mike and Mike at ESPN this morning and hopefully they will wake up, I suggest you do the same!

Lets flood ESPN with E-mail and get Freddy some credit!

Just something to think about before you replace Fred Jackson with Marshawn Lynch in week #4! (lol)

I can appreciate what you are saying about Fred Jackson and I think he is a very good player, but I do think it is a little premature to compare him to the superstars of this league just yet. I tend to feel that he has superstar potential, but I want to see what his stats are maybe 8 or 10 games into the season. Adrian Peterson has had sustained superior numbers consistently for a while now. Fred Jackson has started 2 games! I am on your side and the Bills side rooting for the Bills & Fred Jackson but look at the first 5 or 6 games last year and then the whole team practically collapsed! It's a team effort and some of the success comes from good blocking. If you look at the early 90's when the Bills sent 13 players to the pro bowl you will realize that overall team success and the whole offensive and defensive scheme being successful increases production in all or most categories therefore players that would be average on some teams are pro bowl players on others because of everyone working together to be a successful team. Team success will equal good stats, playoffs, and probowl players. So far I am inclined to think that Fred Jackson's success is partially a product of an offense that is so far cohesive. I expect Marshawn Lynch's stats to improve once he returns as I believe some of the success he will have will be because of an improved offensive line and a change in offensive coordinators and strategey. A good example of this would be the Denver Broncos. No matter who their runninng back was over the past 15 years their running game was exceptional. Terrell Davis was drafted (I believe in the 4th round) low yet became a household name. Their running backs were successful due to their offensive philosophy and a good offensive line. Now that Mike Shananhan is no longer their coach it will be interesting to see if there isn't a dropoff in running back

production. So let's just hang tight, root for the Bills and see what they are doing in week #12 when the playoffs are the focus for your better teams! Go Bills..

GO BILLS

-DIE HARD 1967

Peterson has 4 TDs, Jackson has 1. Not to mention that ridiculous fumble last week...

Let's not get carried away here. Freddy's good but AP is other-worldly.

I think AVP made it clear that Fred will not ever again in Buffalo have the label back up. I see the Bills using both of them, sometimes both on the field at the same time as they did in the old days with Thurman and Kenneth Davis. Imagine a three receiver set with both of them in the backfield. The defense wouldn't know what to do. You could go deep, throw the late screen to either Lynch or Jackson, or run the delayed draw. Split Jackson out as a receiver too. That's just scary if you are a DC for an opposing team.

Lynch's "break" here at the beginning of the season will pay dividends in December when he has less wear and tear, and we need to pound the football down the oppositions throat in our final three games. We have a lot of talent on offense this year, and if AVP can guide the ship like he has the first two weeks, we might be looking at a halfway decent record at the finish.

Freddy is a darn good player. He's made our offensive line look pretty good the first two games. It will be very interesting to see what happens when Lynch comes back next week.

Actually the offensive line has made the offensive line look pretty good by dominating the line of scrimmage against both the Patriots and the Bucs. Of course, most people still are going to keep touting the preseason hype that this was the worst OLine in football, which was and is complete rubbish made up of people who don't understand football.

I can't agree with you because I'm not sure I know what you mean. Comparing our former back-up quarterback to our starting RB? I'm not sure what the corelation is...

wow r u serious??? i thought it was pretty obvious. i get the feeling on the board that posters feel that lynch sucks. like if he was as bad as jp losman. which of course hes not. i could be overdramatic.

oh, almost forgot. fred vs lynch is still crap. they are both excellent!

i think i agree with this post in spirit...having seen the JP/Trent debate dominate this board the past few seasons, i hate to see fertile ground start to be plowed for another back and forth like that before Marshawn has even played a down.

With an OC who seems to have his act together, one of the top WRs in the history of the game to balance things out, tight ends actually having impact, and a line that is (so far) holding up, I for one look forward to seeing how Marshawn makes the Bills an even toughter match up once he gets on the field. If his off field problems eventually cost him the starting gig or even his place on the team, that will play itself out. For now, I want to see this offense get more and more lethal by adding Beast Mode.

right on target. truth be told i am defending beast mode cuz i like him so much. hes a pile mover and beast!

Hopefully it's a 50/50 split and maybe the Bills will have both players in at the same time on some plays. Freddy is too good to keep on the bench long. If Marshawn really is a team player, he'll be fine with having half the carries. It's a team game, and i'm hoping he has the right attitude about it. I read in an article that Marshawn has been working out like a "madman" during his suspension. So we'll see what results he'll produce.

Go Bills!!!

btw Freddy should start in the 4th game. He's earned it. Marshawn lost that right with his poor decisions in the offseason.

On a side note, I'm hoping Omon gets his opportunities against the Saints since (hopefully) we will be running the ball down their throats and Freddy will need a rest here and there. I'm curious to see what Omon has to offer and see if we can really depend on him.

Go Bills!!!