When will there be an attack on Iran?

Magox

Timetable for an attack on Iran  

31 members have voted

1. 1. When will either the U.S or Israel launch some sort of an attack on Iran?

• Israel attacks Iran within 6 months
    • " " 12 months
    • " " 2 years
    • compromise is struck between Iran and the international community
    • Iran ignores international pressure and enriches enough uranium for a nuclear weapon

100% do not want to see any strikes in either direction.

It's not about want you dimwit, it's about not allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons capabilities. What is the best route in achieving that? Tough sanctions or embargos so that they crumble under pressure, Missile strikes to delay their ambitions or just simply allow them to have the capalities to "wipe out the zionists off the face of the earth"?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about want you dimwit, it's about not allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons capabilities. What is the best route in achieving that? Tough sanctions or embargos so that they crumble under pressure, Missile strikes to delay their ambitions or just simply allow them to have the capalities to "wipe out the zionists off the face of the earth"?

Dimwit, I'd hate to tell you the only way things are going to change is from within Iran. From what we have the Iranian people do not have the same beliefs and mindset as their leader.

Dimwit, I'd hate to tell you the only way things are going to change is from within Iran. From what we have the Iranian people do not have the same beliefs and mindset as their leader.

So how long do we give them for that change to take place? 6 months, 2 years, 5 , 10?

Did their military leader say that the nation of Israel day's are numbered?

I see Iran launching a strike on Israel, then the US and Israel obliterate Iran. Don't they see the suicide nature of their course of action?

Suicide......bombing......hmmm isn't that a unique tactic for that region. :thumbsup:

Suicide......bombing......hmmm isn't that a unique tactic for that region. :thumbsup:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/28/...in5347847.shtml

Taking a trick from the narcotics trade - which has long smuggled drugs in body cavities - Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.

This was a meticulously planned operation with al Qaeda once again producing something new: this time, the Trojan bomber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEKfDbYR9BA...player_embedded

:wallbash:

Taking a trick from the narcotics trade - which has long smuggled drugs in body cavities - Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.

This was a meticulously planned operation with al Qaeda once again producing something new: this time, the Trojan bomber.

Or as they call it in San Francisco: Just Another Friday Night. :thumbsup:

I've been arguing this point for 4 years now, the analogy I have made to my clients is that Iran and Israel are like 2 freight trains that are moving at full speed towards each other on the same track. I don't see either one of them backing down, and for years I have argued it is just a matter of time before we see a collision.

I don't believe the U.S under this administration has the political will to participate directly on a military level, so I believe if it happens, it will be the Israelis. I assume they don't want to launch an all out war, they will probably have surgical missile attacks and maybe some ground troops in targeted areas.

I believe it is going to happen, it all depends on how close the Israelis believe the Iranians are to being capable of building a bomb. I would say within a year.

The biggest difference may be that Iran seems to be perfectly willing to be attacked more than Israel is willing to actually attack. I think Iran is counting on an Israeli attack to galvanize other Islamic countries, as well as Russia and possibly China & North Korea behind it. It seems likely that Iran would sacrifice hundreds, if not thousands of civilians to that end.

Westerners in general, and Americans in particular, do not understand that frame of mind.

The biggest difference may be that Iran seems to be perfectly willing to be attacked more than Israel is willing to actually attack. I think Iran is counting on an Israeli attack to galvanize other Islamic countries, as well as Russia and possibly China & North Korea behind it. It seems likely that Iran would sacrifice hundreds, if not thousands of civilians to that end.

Westerners in general, and Americans in particular, do not understand that frame of mind.

I agree with what you said for the most part, other than Israel being willing to attack. They very well may not want to attack, but I believe are perfectly willing to do so if need be.

Even if they have them, delivery's an issue

That's right.

The Mideast Islamic nations buy technology and sophisticated hard goods abroad. That is their Achilles heel. They won't x-ray or otherwise inspect every piece of specialty pipe they buy, for example. Bad lubricants. Bad hydraulic fluid. Since those ISO 9000x standards showed up, folks accept that CoA - Certificate of Analysis from a supplier - it gave a basis for money recovery or lawsuit , and the purchaser relaxed or eliminated in-house testing of received product.

The Iranian processing facilities define the phrase "confined space". It wouldn't take much.

And a trusted but co-opted Irani plant worker armed with knowledge could destroy everything. Find a man, upset about his government, one with a disease that he cannot escape from. Get him a job within. Money always talks. Spirit his family out and assure income and anonimity.

That's right.

The Mideast Islamic nations buy technology and sophisticated hard goods abroad. That is their Achilles heel. They won't x-ray or otherwise inspect every piece of specialty pipe they buy, for example. Bad lubricants. Bad hydraulic fluid. Since those ISO 9000x standards showed up, folks accept that CoA - Certificate of Analysis from a supplier - it gave a basis for money recovery or lawsuit , and the purchaser relaxed or eliminated in-house testing of received product.

The Iranian processing facilities define the phrase "confined space". It wouldn't take much.

And a trusted but co-opted Irani plant worker armed with knowledge could destroy everything. Find a man, upset about his government, one with a disease that he cannot escape from. Get him a job within. Money always talks. Spirit his family out and assure income and anonimity.

What the hell does that have to do with weapons delivery? :lol: