When will there be an attack on Iran?

Magox

Timetable for an attack on Iran  

31 members have voted

1. 1. When will either the U.S or Israel launch some sort of an attack on Iran?

• Israel attacks Iran within 6 months
    • " " 12 months
    • " " 2 years
    • compromise is struck between Iran and the international community
    • Iran ignores international pressure and enriches enough uranium for a nuclear weapon

To add to this:

A senior administration official told reporters Friday the IAEA's censure of Iran's nuclear program showed "growing international impatience" with the country's resistance to oversight.

"Time really is running out," the official said.

I believe that underlined part is very telling, and not your usual hawkish fodder.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to this:

A senior administration official told reporters Friday the IAEA's censure of Iran's nuclear program showed "growing international impatience" with the country's resistance to oversight.

"Time really is running out," the official said.

I believe that underlined part is very telling, and not your usual hawkish fodder.

Damn, that Dick Cheney is a warmongering bastard.

From the halls of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy John Bolton is right.

Usually, the Europeans were the first to take the bait but this time the Obama Administration got hooked first. Bolton, however, was the first to stand up and call the Iranian pronouncement a sham - and he did it within hours of the announcement.

The Times' reporter in Geneva, however, was taking what the Obama officials were saying and running wildly with the incredible news. Surprisingly, or maybe not, the Times had either not checked with Iranian officials or ignored their warnings in favor of the Obama Administration's good news. Roughly a month later, the Iranian official statements confirmed the fact that the Obama Administration had been duped.

From the halls of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy John Bolton is right.

Usually, the Europeans were the first to take the bait but this time the Obama Administration got hooked first. Bolton, however, was the first to stand up and call the Iranian pronouncement a sham - and he did it within hours of the announcement.

The Times' reporter in Geneva, however, was taking what the Obama officials were saying and running wildly with the incredible news. Surprisingly, or maybe not, the Times had either not checked with Iranian officials or ignored their warnings in favor of the Obama Administration's good news. Roughly a month later, the Iranian official statements confirmed the fact that the Obama Administration had been duped.

I've always liked John Bolton. The guy calls it how he sees it and he is usually right, what I like about him most is that he doesn't pu$$y foot around the situation, and he had them pegged correctly from the outset.

However, I am optimistic that we will employ tough diplomacy such as this

I've always liked John Bolton. The guy calls it how he sees it and he is usually right, what I like about him most is that he doesn't pu$$y foot around the situation, and he had them pegged correctly from the outset.

However, I am optimistic that we will employ tough diplomacy such as this

Yes, lots of that and a direct line to the WH for Ahmadinejad so that after Iran pulls out of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty President BO can perform personal diplomacy directly on him.

"If Iran withdraws from the treaty, its nuclear program would no longer be subject to oversight by the U.N. nuclear agency."

Things couldn't be simpler for the Iranians. Personally, I almost thinking that if they're so hot to get the damn bomb we should give them a half dozen - with their fuses lit. It's going to get to that point anyway.

Psst, lets re-examine "Operation Orchard" (2007) and its connection with Iran

I found some worthy reporting and a decent read -parts 1-7

How Israel Destroyed Syria's Al Kibar Nuclear Reactor

Personally I'm not sure how much Israel wants the U.S. media in any covert ops loop .. my bet is none.

BTW, Some still feel we have a bone to pick with Israel over the "USS Liberty"

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a U.S. Navy intelligence ship

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...YWSvI&pos=8

Iran plans to build 10 more nuclear sites and is considering producing 20 percent-enriched uranium, the state news agency reported today.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s Cabinet ordered the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran to begin building 10 uranium enrichment sites within two months, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported. All would be at the same scale as Iran’s Natanz site, producing fuel for power plants to generate 20,000 megawatts of electricity, IRNA said.

I would say the possibility of an attack from Israel has just gone up a tad bit.

Ahmadinejad last week made a regional Latin American tour during which he received backing for Iran’s nuclear program from Brazil’s Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

What the !@#$ is up with Lula? This guy has always leaned to the left, but his rhetoric and actions have been picking up over the past year. It's time for the US to have a private meeting with this guy and ask him "What the !@#$ is up Lula?"