Typical cheap Wilson move

HT02

I honestly don't know how to respond, since you now seem to be meandering a bit...

"A necessary not not sufficient condition for continued prosperity"???? Huh???? :unsure:

Nor apparently does Bob Kraft, who, despite having one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL, attained 4 conference titles and 3 Superbowl wins in this decade.

necessary but not sufficient; necessay and sufficient; neither necessary nor sufficient....pretty simple concepts..try google.....look under logic...I think that might be the problem here

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you 16 year old morons who attacked my understanding of football and doubt whether Ralph Wilson is playing you for a fool by be a cheapskate who has ruined this franchise a few questions:

When was the last time you saw a Bills play-off game?

1999, but hey, we also didn't have a tough division back then either.

Who fired Bill Polian?

Polian got himself fired.

Where is Jason Peters these days?

Giving up sacks and being his injury-prone, overrated self as usual.

We have an injury prone QB yet who is his back-up? (Is he a better QB than Garcia or Vick?)

Trent Edwards missed a game this year? I missed that one.... please.

You think the Bills are a play-off team this year?

Have you seen how competitive our division is as well as the AFC? The AFC is just superior these days....

Who's our coach stupid? Why do you think this ineffective loser is still coaching after being outcoached in most games last year? Is he better than say, I don't know Cowher, Shanahan, Rex Ryan or Eric Mangini?

Better than Mangini is like saying he's better than a piece of rotten wood, so yes. Who said Jauron will be around next year and we DON'T sign Cowher or Shanahan? That was a lot of cash to eat by firing Jauron.

Get your head out of the sand stupid Ralph Wilson makes every move based on money, he signed TO because he knew it would sell ticket while an all-pro lineman like Peters would just make the team better. I liked the TO signing but winning isn't why he was signed. Let's see how good this new line is when we face a real defense. The Patriot and Bucc d's are awful.

OWENS is miles better than PETERS... get off of your Peters fetish and realize that Ralph will spend the money to win, bu he won't do it by having a free agent party like many teams do just to appease fans like you. The NFL doesn't work that way! Roethlisberger, Ward, Holmes, Mendenhall, Parker, Miller, etc. are ALL HOMEGROWN, and not big free agents. That says a lot. THAT is what it takes to win.

For all of you 16 year old morons who attacked my understanding of football and doubt whether Ralph Wilson is playing you for a fool by be a cheapskate who has ruined this franchise a few questions:

If you can't take criticism, you probably won't like it here.

I think some of us acknowledged that Ralph has been cheap on many occasions. You were chastised for using Runyan as an example of that cheapness.

Your understanding of football was attacked because you too the truism "Ralph is cheap" and applied it in a situation where it wasn't relevant. Maybe you should think about context, instead of venting your displeasure with Ralph at every move (or non-move).

Look at Pittsburgh.

They do not throw money at free-agents. They don't over pay for their own free-agents. In fact, how many of their pro-bowl players have they released because they got too expensive?

How many expensive, well known named, coaches have they hired? (none)

How many championships have their coaches coached, before before being their head coach? (none)

How often have they gone to the playoffs lately? (almost every year)

What is the difference between Pittsburgh and Buffalo? (other than results, continuity is the biggest thing)

Perhaps if could maintain continuity, we could have positive results as well.

Oh, by the way, Patriots seemed to do just fine with a head coach that everyone else thought sucked, because he had poor results the first time around, in Cleveland.

When was the last time you saw a Bills play-off game?

Who fired Bill Polian?

Where is Jason Peters these days?

We have an injury prone QB yet who is his back-up? (Is he a better QB than Garcia or Vick?)

You think the Bills are a play-off team this year?

Who's our coach stupid? Why do you think this ineffective loser is still coaching after being outcoached in most games last year? Is he better than say, I don't know Cowher, Shanahan, Rex Ryan or Eric Mangini?

Get your head out of the sand stupid Ralph Wilson makes every move based on money, he signed TO because he knew it would sell ticket while an all-pro lineman like Peters would just make the team better. I liked the TO signing but winning isn't why he was signed. Let's see how good this new line is when we face a real defense. The Patriot and Bucc d's are awful.

Wow - this post screams "I'M AN INSECURE JERK!!!" so loudly, that I feel compelled to respond point-by-point:

1) Most of the folks that responded are, I'm sure, mature adults (unlike you) in their 30s/40s/50s - and I'm sure many have a far greater understanding of the game and the business of football than you.

2) Last time any of us saw a Bills playoff game was, of course, the last time they were in one - 1999. Bob Kraft has one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL to go with his 4 conference titles and 3 Superbowl wins this decade - what's your point?

3) Guy that fired Polian is the same guy that hired him and promoted him to GM. Go call your boss' daughter a vile name associated with the female anatomy, and see how long it takes you to clean out your desk.

4) Jason Peters is in Philadelphia - fat, out of shape, recovering from a quad sprain incurred running from his bed to the breakfast table on the first day of camp, and collecting a $60M paycheck while on a pace to allow 32 sacks (he's charged with 4 in the first 2 games) - which would almost triple his league-leading 11.5 sacks-allowed in the 13 games he managed to play last season.

5) I don't know if Fitzpatrick is better than Garcia - he may be. And Garcia also may have problems re-uniting with Terrell Owens, and wasn't picked up by the Eagles until McNabb got hurt anyway - so how desirable is he? Vick has already been discussed ad nauseum. The Bills have stated they have no interest in such a project - namely, rehabilitating the career of a recidivist criminal and convicted felon whose NFL career has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, and it looks like he's already stirring up problems in the Eagles' locker room...

link

Anyway, I'm fine with our QB backup situation - and with the new improved O-line, I'm not as worried about Edwards getting injured either.

6) Yes, the Bills will make the playoffs this season.

7) Yeah, Wilson makes every move based on money and has played Buffalo fans for fools - that's why he's hung on to a team he could have sold for nearly a billion dollars, and kept it in Buffalo when several other cities would have given him a brand new stadium and hundreds of $$millions$$ to move there. :unsure:

Look at Pittsburgh.

They do not throw money at free-agents. They don't over pay for their own free-agents. In fact, how many of their pro-bowl players have they released because they got too expensive?

How many expensive, well known named, coaches have they hired? (none)

How many championships have their coaches coached, before before being their head coach? (none)

How often have they gone to the playoffs lately? (almost every year)

What is the difference between Pittsburgh and Buffalo? (other than results, continuity is the biggest thing)

Perhaps if could maintain continuity, we could have positive results as well.

Oh, by the way, Patriots seemed to do just fine with a head coach that everyone else thought sucked, because he had poor results the first time around, in Cleveland.

Rooneys vs wilson

necessary but not sufficient; necessay and sufficient; neither necessary nor sufficient....pretty simple concepts..try google.....look under logic...I think that might be the problem here

so what you're saying is that if I google logic, I will find "necessary but not sufficient; necessay and sufficient; neither necessary nor sufficient...."? :unsure:

I think I might switch to bing

so what you're saying is that if I google logic, I will find "necessary but not sufficient; necessay and sufficient; neither necessary nor sufficient...."? :unsure:

I think I might switch to bing

I think what he's saying is that I can learn Logic better from Google than I did from the Jesuits - or, simply that Google is the omniscient source of knowledge which he relies upon for his specious arguments. :P

But I was thinking about switching to bing myself - if an Ivy League education and 30 years of business experience won't allow me to understand his point, then I'm sure Google won't be of much use either. :beer:

I think what he's saying is that I can learn Logic better from Google than I did from the Jesuits - or, simply that Google is the omniscient source of knowledge which he relies upon for his specious arguments. :)

But I was thinking about switching to bing myself - if an Ivy League education and 30 years of business experience won't allow me to understand his point, then I'm sure Google won't be of much use either. :unsure:

Wow. I haven't felt the need to post my CV. Maybe Monster.com would be a better choice for ya.

Wow. I haven't felt the need to post my CV. Maybe Monster.com would be a better choice for ya.

they teach Logic on monster too? i thought that site was just for job seekers.

damn - all that money i wasted on fine schools, when i could have gotten my entire education over the 'net like you :unsure:

We know the Eagles are the absolute kings of Offensive Line judgement since they traded for Peters so it's ok that we pass on Runyon because he doesn't hold up to the Eagles would sign him litmus test.

:unsure:

Excellent point. The key question today is, how many sacks will established-veteran and proven-commodity Jason "60 Million Dollar Man" Peters give up against experienced front-office exec & proven-commodity Scott Pioli's 0-2 KC Chiefs? :)