Buffalove

timba

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
There are a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds that support the Bills from these forums. How did you get started as a Bill fan and how long has it been?

I'm definitely one of the 'young-ins' on the board. I have family from the Buffalo area and my Dad was a huge fan. I started getting into the team during the superbowl era (I was 4 during the Bills-Giants) and have been following them ever since. By elementary school I was defending them against all the kids who liked to say 'BILLS stands for Boy, I Love Losing Superbowls'.

So what about you all?

It all started at an early age for me when I ventured into the living room one Sunday afternoon many years ago to see what all the fuss was about because my Dad and older brother were hooting and hollering over something on the television. It was unusual to hear my Dad carry on this way, he was a soft spoken man who rarely ever raised his voice. So I went into the Living room and on the television my Dad and older Brother were watching men in uniforms with numbers on them and they would carry and throw a ball around as other men tried to tackle the person with the ball. Whenever one man in particular would get the ball, they would get excited and start yelling, he seemed to run with the ball better than anyone else and it was hard to catch him. The man had 32 on his uniform and although at the time I didn't even know what this 32 was it was how I first began to identify the man I would later know as OJ Simpson.

After that I started noticing this 32 man everywhere I looked, I would see him running through airports, leaping over obstacles, nothing could stop him, nothing could stand in his way, and the 32 man became my hero.

Imagine that, my biggest childhood hero, OJ Simpson...

It all started at an early age for me when I ventured into the living room one Sunday afternoon many years ago to see what all the fuss was about because my Dad and older brother were hooting and hollering over something on the television. It was unusual to hear my Dad carry on this way, he was a soft spoken man who rarely ever raised his voice. So I went into the Living room and on the television my Dad and older Brother were watching men in uniforms with numbers on them and they would carry and throw a ball around as other men tried to tackle the person with the ball. Whenever one man in particular would get the ball, they would get excited and start yelling, he seemed to run with the ball better than anyone else and it was hard to could catch him. The man had 32 on his uniform and although at the time I didn't even know what this 32 was it was how I first began to identify the man I would later know as OJ Simpson.

After that I started noticing this 32 man everywhere I looked, I would see him running through airports, leaping over obstacles, nothing could stop him, nothing could stand in his way, and the 32 man became my hero.

Imagine that, my biggest childhood hero, OJ Simpson...

The Bills were definitely one of those things my old man got amped about too! Can't blame you for having love for the juice for his football prowess.

I don't remember the year, but I was young 5,6 or so. I was in bed and could hear my grandfather hooting and hollering at the tv. I got out of be and snuck a peak from the top stair and the corner of the living room ceiling to see OJ ripping off a long TD run against the Raiders on MNF. I watched for about 5 minutes or so and thought the charging buffalo on their helmet was the coolest thing ever and that's how I became a fan.

Born in 85.. been watching the Bills for 20 years. I've lived in St. Louis my whole life, yet we did what we could to see all of the games. (this was before sunday ticket). We had a big black satalite dish that was like 10 FT wide, and we used to bar hop to a bar nice enough to put the game on for us.

oh, those were the days.

My dad has been a fan since 1960.

There are a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds that support the Bills from these forums. How did you get started as a Bill fan and how long has it been?

I'm definitely one of the 'young-ins' on the board. I have family from the Buffalo area and my Dad was a huge fan. I started getting into the team during the superbowl era (I was 4 during the Bills-Giants) and have been following them ever since. By elementary school I was defending them against all the kids who liked to say 'BILLS stands for Boy, I Love Losing Superbowls'.

So what about you all?

My username says it all.... BuffaloBorn 1960... Haven't lived there since 1982... My wife and six kids have lived in 9 city's and 8 states... All are BUFFALO BILL's Fans... for better or worst.... I Live in Texas now and some of the kids have moved away... But God do I luv Sundays! Keeps the family grounded, we all text call throughout the game.... During the week its an excuse to call each other to catchup with news from the Bills. God Bless the Bills! :devil:

I was 6 years old and at my very first Bills game... we were getting beat 28 - 3 at the half, my brother and pops took off back to the car while my ma convinced me to stay with her. Little did I know i was about to witness the greatest comeback of all time. As I get older i cant remember having memories further back then that one, still remember a massive bald guy with full body paint hoisting me up haha.

Born in Buffalo General, dad was a firefighter for the city (Engine 18). Went to the old Rockpile and Rich Stadium with my dad. Moved to Florida in the early 60's, but hey......you don't forget, or forsake, where you came from.

Not unless you're a Nancy Boy Transplant Dolphins Fishead. Any idiot can move and root for the new "hometown" team. Not me. I'm from Buffalo and that means I'm a Bills fan fo evah.

I bought my first season ticket from the money I made on my paper route in 1967.

My season ticket cost $55 for the entire season and I sat on the 30 yard line,2 rows up from the field

My father almost kicked my ass for spending huge money on a horrible football team.

"WHAT, $55 dollars, are you freakin Nuts" he said

This is my 42 year of being "NUTS"

First sports memory is wide right. I was born in 1985, and fell asleep at our neighborhood superbowl party in our living room. My parents put me to bed in their bedroom, and woke me up for the final kick. I remember seeing the ball sail wide and bursting into tears. Been a Bills fan ever since.

First sports memory is wide right. I was born in 1985, and fell asleep at our neighborhood superbowl party in our living room. My parents put me to bed in their bedroom, and woke me up for the final kick. I remember seeing the ball sail wide and bursting into tears. Been a Bills fan ever since.

So it's your parents fault they lost. If they hadn't woke you up for that kick it would have made it.