Nissan Cube: Ugliest Car Ever

/dev/null

Remember The VW Thing?

I loved those. They were dangerous as hell in a rollover they had no rollbars.

I loved that car, and am actually somewhat surprised you never owned one - or did you? :angry:

Remember the ...

Stout Scarab?

That was cool as hell! It was an eyesore but ahead of it's time. I believe it never made it past concept.

The Porsche 924 wasn't all that ugly, but for a Porsche :thumbdown: , just a piece of crap car.

Link

The 924 is truly unique--a sports car made from parts of non-sports cars; the first front-engine/rear-drive Porsche; and the first affordable Porsche. The first point is most stunning-–the engine block is the same one you’ll find in an AMC Gremlin or a Volkswagen LT truck, the suspension is VW Rabbit, and the transaxle is made by Audi. The seats are from a 911, and the body is galvanized steel.

So, put a Volkswagen engine in an Audi and call it a Porsche? Not quite. Porsche engineers were hard at work pumping up the VW engine with fuel injection, an overhead cam, and transistorized ignition. Not that any of this makes it fast. It’s definitely not going win any drags with even the homeliest of Ford Tauri.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was cool as hell! It was an eyesore but ahead of it's time. I believe it never made it past concept.

Never made it to 'mass production' but they built at least nine, besides the 'proof-of-concept-prototype' - here's a guy who actually restored one...

Stout Scarab

Loved his line about the restoration process, "One of the guys responsible for fabricating a lot of the parts described it as 'rust, connected by holes'." :thumbdown:

I dig the looks of most of those cars (Cube, Element, VehiCross Smart Car).

I don't like the paint job on the Smart Car, but I like the car.

I'm with you on the Cube. Saw one in white this morning. Very cool asymmetrical design & the tinted windows made the pos & neg spaces stand out.

I loved the styling of the PT. Especially with a two tone paint job.

I liked it when it first came out. It looked like an old-time milk truck, or something. Now the roads are littered with them, and the appeal is gone, at least for me.

The Porsche 924 wasn't all that ugly, but for a Porsche :rolleyes: , just a piece of crap car.

I've always had a special little place in my heart for those pieces of crap. I guess people that bought them never bothered to do any research or just didn't care that they were getting a VW engine in an Audi chasis. I think I respect people who bought the Fiero in comparison.

Here is an unforgettable '70's car for you.....

Pacer

Remember The VW Thing?

Both have already been mentioned.

The Mustang II was an embarrassment to the Mustang brand. B-)

IMO, the 80's was the worst decade for car designs. Everything had no personality. The 30's in my opinion was the best for car designs.

The Cord Phaeton is one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.

The Bugatti Veyron is polarizing when it comes to design, but I think it's at the pinnacle of styling.

Another car I think is beautiful is the Datsun 240Z.

The 370Z coupe is really cool but it lacks the overall personality of the 240Z, IMO.

The guy who came up with the 280Z 2+2 should have been shot. It totally ruined the aesthetics of the design. :rolleyes:

I've always had a special little place in my heart for those pieces of crap. I guess people that bought them never bothered to do any research or just didn't care that they were getting a VW engine in an Audi chasis. I think I respect people who bought the Fiero in comparison.

The Fiero was a nicely styled car, In fact I'd put it near the top of the 80's styled cars, the problem was that it was just a piece of crap.

I seem to recall that the first silver ones had a problem where the paint would peel very easily. I can't find a link to verify that so I may be wrong.