Nissan Cube: Ugliest Car Ever

/dev/null

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The award goes to the Pontiac Aztek.

Talk about Montezuma's revenge.

My brother, who's waaaayyy into cars and subscribes to about 5 car magazines told me the guy in charge of the Aztec program was fired. I can't find anything on the internet to back that up though. If anyone knows about that it would be my brother though, so I believe it.

Link

Finally, in a corner, I ask a friend who worked at Pontiac: "What were you guys thinking?"

"Hey," he said, "give us a little credit for trying something different."

OK, I can do that. This was in 1998, a period when GM wasn't trying much of anything different. But there's different-good, and different-Aztek.

Link

Sales never reached the 30,000 level needed to make money on the Aztek, so it abruptly went out of production last year. The tongue-in-cheek hosts of National Public Radio's "Car Talk" named it the ugliest car of 2005. "It looks the way Montezuma's revenge feels," one listener quipped.

Maybe you think the Pontiac Aztek was the greatest car ever made, belong to the Flat Earth Society, and make a pilgrimage to the alien landing site at Roswell, New Mexico, every four years.

Link

A "blindfold test" of the target customers proved successful: After their Aztek walkarounds, nine out of 10 participants begged to be blindfolded.

Link

Welcome to the Aztek Fan Club 2.0

This site is dedicated to the Pontiac Aztek, their owners and enthusiasts. Inside you will find an online community of over 1000 members and in excess of 77000 posts on topics ranging from trouble shooting problems with your Aztek, to repair advice as well as general conversation on numerous topics, information on Rallies and Local Get Togethers, etc, etc.

New sections will be added as the site develops and suggestion are made by members. :devil:Link

AMC Pacer ???

My brother works with a guy who thinks the Pacer is one of the most beautiful cars ever designed. :D

Top Ten Worst Cars of The 2000s.

10. Pontiac Aztek

9. Daewoo Anything

8. Isuzu VehiCROSS

7. Jaguar X-Type

6. Pontiac Sunfire

5. Cadillac Catera

4. Toyota Echo

3. Jeep Compass

2. Chrysler Sebring

1. Smart ForTwo

The Aztek should be way farther down that list and I question the Smart For Two being on the list.

I owned a Datsun F-10 when I was just starting college. A 1984(?) issue of Motor Trend listed it as one of the top ten ugliest car designs ever. :D I loved that car. (Mine was a white 1977 two door hatchback model.

Don't look at the ahem...modifications made to this one but it gives you a good look at the side view.

Front view (I called it "The Fly" because of it's bugged out looking headlights.)

Here are some more looks at thing.

The Cube is a car? I thought it was the box it came in.

:D

BTW:

Nissan Cube It looks like the designer accidentally put two boxes next to each other and decided that would be a cool car design. :devil:

Honda Element This is the car the Cube competes with. While it's not a beauty it's much less of an eyesore than the Cube. That's not saying much though.

AMC Pacer

Another look

IMO it's the automotive equivalent of a blowup doll.

Here's a list of the top 10 most idiotic cars of all time as chosen by "World Auto News and Reviews".

10. Chevrolet Chevette

9. Edsel

8. AMC Matador

7. Corvair

6. AMC Gremlin - When I was a kid I thought this was the coolest car I'd ever seen. :D

5. Chevrolet Vega

4. Pontiac Aztek

3. Ford Pinto

2. Yugo - A Cadillac dealer in Florida ran a buy one get one free promotion. If you bought a Cadillac they'd give you a Yugo free. A woman they interviewed said she'd give the car to her maid. (No link this is just from memory)

1. AMC Pacer

My brother, who's waaaayyy into cars and subscribes to about 5 car magazines told me the guy in charge of the Aztec program was fired. I can't find anything on the internet to back that up though. If anyone knows about that it would be my brother though, so I believe it.

Link

Finally, in a corner, I ask a friend who worked at Pontiac: "What were you guys thinking?"

"Hey," he said, "give us a little credit for trying something different."

OK, I can do that. This was in 1998, a period when GM wasn't trying much of anything different. But there's different-good, and different-Aztek.

Link

Sales never reached the 30,000 level needed to make money on the Aztek, so it abruptly went out of production last year. The tongue-in-cheek hosts of National Public Radio's "Car Talk" named it the ugliest car of 2005. "It looks the way Montezuma's revenge feels," one listener quipped.

Maybe you think the Pontiac Aztek was the greatest car ever made, belong to the Flat Earth Society, and make a pilgrimage to the alien landing site at Roswell, New Mexico, every four years.

Link

A "blindfold test" of the target customers proved successful: After their Aztek walkarounds, nine out of 10 participants begged to be blindfolded.

Link

Welcome to the Aztek Fan Club 2.0

This site is dedicated to the Pontiac Aztek, their owners and enthusiasts. Inside you will find an online community of over 1000 members and in excess of 77000 posts on topics ranging from trouble shooting problems with your Aztek, to repair advice as well as general conversation on numerous topics, information on Rallies and Local Get Togethers, etc, etc.

New sections will be added as the site develops and suggestion are made by members. :devil:Link

My brother works with a guy who thinks the Pacer is one of the most beautiful cars ever designed. :D

Top Ten Worst Cars of The 2000s.

10. Pontiac Aztek

9. Daewoo Anything

8. Isuzu VehiCROSS

7. Jaguar X-Type

6. Pontiac Sunfire

5. Cadillac Catera

4. Toyota Echo

3. Jeep Compass

2. Chrysler Sebring

1. Smart ForTwo

The Aztek should be way farther down that list and I question the Smart For Two being on the list.

I owned a Datsun F-10 when I was just starting college. A 1984(?) issue of Motor Trend listed it as one of the top ten ugliest car designs ever. :D I loved that car. (Mine was a white 1977 two door hatchback model.

Don't look at the ahem...modifications made to this one but it gives you a good look at the side view.

Front view (I called it "The Fly" because of it's bugged out looking headlights.)

Here are some more looks at thing.

This must of been the ralling cry for the fans of the Aztec:

"You can kiss my Aztec!"

I seen it on a bumber sticker one time.

I would say the Compass is the worst... Go figure, because I like the looks of the Caliber... What they did with that Jeep abortion is beyond me!!

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The 1976 AMC Pacer used in the 1992 movie "Wayne's World" is among the items to be sold by an Illinois car museum. Price: $15,000

"Wayne's World," based on a series of skits from the TV show Saturday Night Live, starred Mike Myers and Dana Carvey as two friends with their own public access cable TV show.

The Pacer was introduced by American Motors Corp. in 1975. Marketing for the car touted the substantial interior room provided by its extra-wide body. AMC stopped selling the Pacer in 1980.

"Excellent!"

SHA-WING!!!! Party on, Wayne!