mckelvin NOT pressing charges

loyal2dagame

erie county DA sedita is the one that keeps pushing the issue, at this point is has nothing to do with mckelvin. seems like mr DA is making a press grab since the story went national

We have a Bingo.

Sound about right.

Honestly, when I was growing up if I would have been caught doing something stupid like this I would have been happy to have the police involved rather than my parents. In 1983, when I was 16, I would have been brought over to the house to apologize and plead for his forgiveness, offered to clean and pay for any damages, vowed to never, ever do something like that again, and then gone home to face the music - which would not have been pretty, I assure you.

erie county DA sedita is the one that keeps pushing the issue, at this point is has nothing to do with mckelvin. seems like mr DA is making a press grab since the story went national

sounds like Frank Clark reincarnate. Except it probably doesn't take Sedita 5 minutes to complete a 10 word sentence

Sound about right.

Honestly, when I was growing up if I would have been caught doing something stupid like this I would have been happy to have the police involved rather than my parents. In 1983, when I was 16, I would have been brought over to the house to apologize and plead for his forgiveness, offered to clean and pay for any damages, vowed to never, ever do something like that again, and then gone home to face the music - which would not have been pretty, I assure you.

You're on point with this one. My mom and dad would have made me wish i'd went to juvy.

Sound about right.

Yeh, I remember something like that except my middle brother got caught and he had to face the music. Not sure that I ever vandalized anything??? Can't remember....

Sound about right.

When I was like 12 we thought we were BAD because we would ring door bells and run :lol:

"Sedita stressed that even though McKelvin has given Town of Hamburg police an affidavit demanding that any suspects be prosecuted, the final decision on how the case will be handled in the courts 'will be mine.'”

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/sout...ory/799336.html

Nothing to do with McKelvin? Doesn't look that way to me.

"Sedita stressed that even though McKelvin has given Town of Hamburg police an affidavit demanding that any suspects be prosecuted, the final decision on how the case will be handled in the courts 'will be mine.'”

did you read the story in the link in my 2nd post in this thread?

mckelvin and his agent both have stated he signed no such form and has made it clear he is not pressing charges

Sounds exactly how it would have gone down in my house too. The next several Saturdays would've been spent mowing his lawn for free until every spec of that paint was gone. And probably trimming his hedges and weeding his garden too.

Yeh, I remember something like that except my middle brother got caught and he had to face the music. Not sure that I ever vandalized anything??? Can't remember....

My younger brother got caught tresspassing (watching the planes land at Buffalo Airport - from the end of the runway) when he was about 16. My parents never scolded him or punished him for it...they let him sit in the police station for six hours before they picked him up, and never mentioned it again. He learned his lesson.

No one is condoning what was done to the lawn of Leodis McKelvin. The two teens who admitted doing should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Additionally, the vandals should be made to reimburse McKelvin for whatever it costs to repair the damage.

However, lets keep this in perspective. It's only a minor, non-violent crime. Committed by some jerks. Much less serious than Marshawn Lynch running down that woman with his car last year. Then driving away.

What happened to Mckelvins front lawn, is much less serious than what happened to 18 year old Brian Milligan. Who was severely beaten by a gang of 10 black males at the corner of Genesee Street and Floss Avenue in Buffalo about a month ago. In what police describe as a racially motivated hate crime. Their motive: Brian Milligan was dating an African-American lady.

So lets keep things in perspective. It seems the media and DA Frank Sedita are more concerned with this millionaires front lawn than they are the senseless beating of this poor teenager.

No one is condoning what was done to the lawn of Leodis McKelvin. The two teens who admitted doing should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Additionally, the vandals should be made to reimburse McKelvin for whatever it costs to repair the damage.

However, lets keep this in perspective. It's only a minor, non-violent crime. Committed by some jerks. Much less serious than Marshawn Lynch running down that woman with his car last year. Then driving away.

What happened to Mckelvins front lawn, is much less serious than what happened to 18 year old Brian Milligan. Who was severely beaten by a gang of 10 black males at the corner of Genesee Street and Floss Avenue in Buffalo about a month ago. In what police describe as a racially motivated hate crime. Their motive: Brian Milligan was dating an African-American lady.

So lets keep things in perspective. It seems the media and DA Frank Sedita are more concerned with this millionaires front lawn than they are the senseless beating of this poor teenager.

Very well said

I wonder if they had him sign some standard paperwork with the language about prosecution? He could have signed something like that without really reading it, if the cops presented him with it during / before the investigation.

exactly, white on black crimes always makes the national news, but when was the last time that black on white crime, or even worse, hate crime did?