Anyone Concerned About...

The Big Cat

Well, Dallas had the 12th ranked rush D last year, we had 22nd with Poz in the lineup. I think it is more of a concern than most would think.

Unless Trent learns to sling the ball with anticipation and with guys covered like Romo did, I see a ton of fast 3 and outs and Tampa controlling with their running game.

Bring up the safeties and trust the corners. Rush the qb. There ya go. :censored:

As for Trent, he needs to have a game like Monday, and I think he can.

Here is a Q n A I had with a Buccs fan I know:

1.) How much of the passing game will center around Kellen Winslow? Will he be used in more of a wide-out capacity, or will he be used like a traditional tight end, across the middle, short routes, and up the seam?

So far we've seen prescious little out of Kellen Winslow, outside of blocking. We're using him a ton in run blocking, because we love to run. And he's been pretty great in that, because he's a pretty good run blocker. We had may be one significant pass to him. I'm guessing in the weeks to come we'll throw to him more, but for some reason Byron Leftwich doesn' throw his way a lot. We'll see if that changes.

2.) Where do you see the softest spots on defense?

That's easy, the secondary. You can ask Tony Romo about that. He exploited us for a few long TD passes. There were a couple of times he took advantage of Sabby Piscitelli, he blew a couple of coverages and they took it to the house. Maybe the defensive line deserves more blame than the secondary, though. Tony Romo had all day back there. Tailor-made for TO to have a big game.

3.) What's your take on the coaching carousel and how have the last-minute changes affected the team's offensive philosophy?

Hard to say. They seem to like the new guy who took over for Jakadinksi, who was oddly fired, much like your guy was oddly fired, but it didn't seem to hurt you guys. Our running game looked great, and I hnk that was one of the big things the new guy was going to handle. Our passing game is still pretty iffy.

Weirdness of the carousel? Hard to say, you get mixed opinions. Some guy sin the locker room were happy, some weren't. We're sort of in a rebuilding year, so we'll see.

4.) Which Bucs player that Bills fans have never heard of will have the greatest "impact" on the game?

On the defensive side: Styles G. White, DLinmen, formerly Des White out of Lousiville, stands to be a force. He's a little up and down, but at times he's really great.

On offense: Sammy Strodder, 3rd WR out of Oregon State. Could have been a first round pick, but had some drug or injury problems. He's gotten over it, and hopefully you'll hear from him when he's scoring touchdown on you guys!

Yeah I'm concerned about their running game. Ward was a force with the G-Men and the 'Caddy' is out of the shop. They gashed a pretty good run D last week for 173 yards. We aren't afforded the luxury of taking anyone lightly. We need wins.

I'm counting on the 12th Man to help out and am thrilled to be among the throng this Sunday. I promise to be hoarse getting on the plane back! :censored:

Here is a Q n A I had with a Buccs fan I know:

1.) How much of the passing game will center around Kellen Winslow? Will he be used in more of a wide-out capacity, or will he be used like a traditional tight end, across the middle, short routes, and up the seam?

So far we've seen prescious little out of Kellen Winslow, outside of blocking. We're using him a ton in run blocking, because we love to run. And he's been pretty great in that, because he's a pretty good run blocker. We had may be one significant pass to him. I'm guessing in the weeks to come we'll throw to him more, but for some reason Byron Leftwich doesn' throw his way a lot. We'll see if that changes.

2.) Where do you see the softest spots on defense?

That's easy, the secondary. You can ask Tony Romo about that. He exploited us for a few long TD passes. There were a couple of times he took advantage of Sabby Piscitelli, he blew a couple of coverages and they took it to the house. Maybe the defensive line deserves more blame than the secondary, though. Tony Romo had all day back there. Tailor-made for TO to have a big game.

3.) What's your take on the coaching carousel and how have the last-minute changes affected the team's offensive philosophy?

Hard to say. They seem to like the new guy who took over for Jakadinksi, who was oddly fired, much like your guy was oddly fired, but it didn't seem to hurt you guys. Our running game looked great, and I hnk that was one of the big things the new guy was going to handle. Our passing game is still pretty iffy.

Weirdness of the carousel? Hard to say, you get mixed opinions. Some guy sin the locker room were happy, some weren't. We're sort of in a rebuilding year, so we'll see.

4.) Which Bucs player that Bills fans have never heard of will have the greatest "impact" on the game?

On the defensive side: Styles G. White, DLinmen, formerly Des White out of Lousiville, stands to be a force. He's a little up and down, but at times he's really great.

On offense: Sammy Strodder, 3rd WR out of Oregon State. Could have been a first round pick, but had some drug or injury problems. He's gotten over it, and hopefully you'll hear from him when he's scoring touchdown on you guys!

Kellen Winslow is the WORST blocking TE on the Bucs.

He's right about the secondary.

Styles G White is formerly Greg White. He played college ball at Minnesota.

Sammy Stroughter is the WR a 7th rnd pick he looked VERY GOOD in Preseason.

Believe it or not, I'm actually more concerned about Kelsay being out vs the run that Poz. This is mostly because I have very little confidence in any other Bill DE vs the run. Maybin and Ellis are pass rushers, and Denney is below average, IMO. I think that Buggs will fill in fine in the run defense. I'm not so sure about the pass D.

With POZ out of the lineup, we have a much smaller, much lighter MLB in Buggs.

Cadillac Williams ripped some HUGE runs to start the game against Dallas:

Also, Winslow was sparingly used last week, will he also expose our weakened middle?

On one hand I am concerned with Poz out, on the other hand I am very curious to see Nick Harris get in the mix and see what he can do. I am pretty high on him...

Well, Dallas had the 12th ranked rush D last year, we had 22nd with Poz in the lineup. I think it is more of a concern than most would think.

Unless Trent learns to sling the ball with anticipation and with guys covered like Romo did, I see a ton of fast 3 and outs and Tampa controlling with their running game.

I'm worried. Dallas has good LB's to control TE's, we don't. Winslow is the biggest worry. I think The line can hold Williams.

Believe it or not, I'm actually more concerned about Kelsay being out vs the run that Poz. This is mostly because I have very little confidence in any other Bill DE vs the run. Maybin and Ellis are pass rushers, and Denney is below average, IMO. I think that Buggs will fill in fine in the run defense. I'm not so sure about the pass D.

I'm the opposite. I think Denney is good against the run, but Buggs is undersized (not to mention inexperienced) in the middle. Fewell needs to gameplan to take away the run by any means, and force them to beat us through the air, which I don't think they can. Otherwise, combined with a no huddle if they're not converting, the run game will quickly wear us down with a huge time of possession advantage. JMO.

With POZ out of the lineup, we have a much smaller, much lighter MLB in Buggs.

Cadillac Williams ripped some HUGE runs to start the game against Dallas:

Also, Winslow was sparingly used last week, will he also expose our weakened middle?

They might get some nice gains, sure. I certainly don't think we will shut down the Bucs running game the way we did the Pats. But as far as being concerned that they will score enough points to win? Not a chance. The Pats barely beat us due to a fluke play - there is nothing that could make me fear anything the Bucs have to offer.

I don't start FF players who are going against Buffalo, unless it is absolutely necessary on a bye week and even then I'll try to figure out if I even need that spot filled. I cannot in any way get excited about a player making a big play against Buffalo. Not gonna happen.

I'm gonna say the Bills get at least three sacks in this game. Ya heard it here foist!!

Williams and McCargo will crash the middle all day, no pocket to pass, nowhere to run but the outside and that we stop.