9/15/09 : Big day for the master PPP prognositcator

John Adams

What is sad is that the few who have insisted on focusing on my Christianity in an attempt to ridicule, will ironically be the ones who cement me as a prophet when these things do come to fruition.

I am glad that I can bring you happiness in the form of reveling in your ignorance.

Should we call you Jesus or Moses?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is sad is that the few who have insisted on focusing on my Christianity in an attempt to ridicule, will ironically be the ones who cement me as a prophet when these things do come to fruition.

I am glad that I can bring you happiness in the form of reveling in your ignorance.

I'm not ridiculing your Christianity. I am ridiculing your belief that you yourself can somehow gleam financial predictions from revelations, and thaty somehow your doomsday predictions hold more water than the 2-3 dozen other doomsday predictions from the previous 2000 years.

I only hope the misery experienced by many here in the near future doesn't match the level of joy you experience in soothing your concious by attempting to vilify a messenger who singled you out in order to protect and help, only because the reality of your pending demise is unable to be psychologically and possibly financially processed.

:rolleyes: You are such a fruitcake.

Do you feel GG is a reliable source?

Ask him how close we were to having a complete shutdown somewhere between the second week of September when I said "I am bringing surf and turf for everyone at the Oakland tailgate because there is a good chance we don't get to see the San Diego game."

Go ahead and ask him. We were 2 hours away from a complete lockdown that would have taken weeks to unwind at best. The temporary problem was solved so you just escaped a shutdown. If the government didn't come in and back trillions worth of money market funds.....GAME OVER. By the way.....we are days away from both the expiration of that backing, as well as the end of the fiscal year for the government.

I'd venture to guess he's more reliable than a guy wearing a sandwich board.

And way to conflate issues. The only thing that you were right about was the losses that banks would have on their books. That's it. Call it your blind squirrel moment. Since that nugget that you "unearthed" you've managed a spectacular ofer.

I didn't quote the rest of the post because it contains an incredible volume of English letters and words that have nothing to do with current state of finance.

And way to conflate issues. The only thing that you were right about was the losses that banks would have on their books. That's it. Call it your blind squirrel moment. Since that nugget that you "unearthed" you've managed a spectacular ofer.

Hell, he could have gotten that from reading some of our posts.

I didn't quote the rest of the post because it contains an incredible volume of English letters and words that have nothing to do with current state of finance reality.

You could worship a box of sea salt for all anyone cares. Way to miss the big point. As usual.

Poor victim. :rolleyes:

I'd venture to guess he's more reliable than a guy wearing a sandwich board.

I didn't quote the rest of the post because it contains an incredible volume of English letters and words that have nothing to do with current state of finance.

Sandwich Board.........

When I hear sandwich board.....I think of a deli

When I think of a deli...I think of Carnige Deli

When I think of Carnige Deli...I think of NY Jews

When I think of NY Jews....I think of Woody Allen, Jerry Seinfeld....and nowadays..Bernie Madoff

When I think about Bernie Madoff....I think about $50 billion worth of fraud perpetrated on the investment public, to the point it was so obvious a monkey could discover it, only to remember that the arm of the government that is supposed to protect the investment public is supervised by a bunch of academic politicos who have plenty of time to pursue leisure activities like internet football message boards during work hours, while the US taxpayers get to pay their salary.

It's funny how my mentally unstable mind is capable of....."unearthing" ....a seemingly unrelated chain of events every now and then.

You could worship a box of sea salt for all anyone cares. Way to miss the big point. As usual.

Poor victim. :rolleyes:

You know what's really yummy? Those Snyder of Hannover potato chips with sea salt and cracked pepper.

I think I may just go pick up a bag and a sixer to watch the game tonight. Thanks for the idea!

Sandwich Board.........

When I hear sandwich board.....I think of a deli

When I think of a deli...I think of Carnige Deli

When I think of Carnige Deli...I think of NY Jews

When I think of NY Jews....I think of Woody Allen, Jerry Seinfeld....and nowadays..Bernie Madoff

When I think about Bernie Madoff....I think about $50 billion worth of fraud perpetrated on the investment public, to the point it was so obvious a monkey could discover it, only to remember that the arm of the government that is supposed to protect the investment public is supervised by a bunch of academic politicos who have plenty of time to pursue leisure activities like internet football message boards during work hours, while the US taxpayers get to pay their salary.

It's funny how my mentally unstable mind is capable of....."unearthing" ....a seemingly unrelated chain of events every now and then.

Yes. But can you go from Tuna Noodle Casserole to Idi Amin in 5?

Yes it is amazing how things connect in chains. The guys at the local water cooler got a kick out of that post. Maybe they'll get more motivated to link some of those chains.

Considering you went from "sandwich board" to hedge fund fraud via a Semetic stereotype, "mentally unstable" pretty much describes it.

Let me get this straight: If you predict 1 thing right out of 70 (and we await the 1, by the way), you're a prophet?

Time for you to attack my wife again? Or maybe my daughter this time?

Let me get this straight: If you predict 1 thing right out of 70 (and we await the 1, by the way), you're a prophet?

Time for you to attack my wife again? Or maybe my daughter this time?

No, no, no. If he predicts one thing right out of 70, the people who doubted him will ignore not only the other 69 but also the fact that he's merely quoting other prophecies and flock to him as a the prophet that he already is.

Well I would have to attack them another 120 times each to match the total times your backside has been attacked by random men at various rest stops across the country.

Yawn.

GG...I said I am out. I said 8200 is a resistance level that I don't feel we will bust through. If it closes today anything more than 50-100 points over that, I will consider myself wrong.There is almost no way we could break through the 200 day moving average [we did that in May, not that Dwight could admit it].... If the market busts through that and we head towards 10,000...I will gladly admit that I was too cautious and will eat crow.

Still waiting.

Yawn.

Still waiting.

Here's a question.

If everyone thinks I'm goofy and full of crap...

And everyone says I don't know what I am talking about and have been wrong about everything I said...

Why would you want me to admit to being wrong about something, in such a desperate manner?

Would it not be a given that you should not take what I say seriously, and I will be wrong in any manner?

Your intensity, along with the intensity of others in "following" me only leads me to be flattered. There are plenty of clueless posters on this website....I tend not to respond to anything they post. Your demands for an admission of fault or an appology of some sort comes across as a jilted ex-girlfriend who wants self-validation long after the fact. Not to mention I tell you specifically in this thread that I previously said I was wrong.

I for one do not see anyone supporting me in any substantial regard here, so I don't understand why you are so bent out of shape. If you want me to pack up and go home.....it will be soon enough, don't worry. Even the amount of fun I have getting some of you guys worked up in a tizzy isn't worth it if it becomes too personal. I don't wish harm on anyone, I just enjoy some mental sparring while I am busy waiting on other things.

You need to relax a little Adams....you're a good dude. I know you will understand in the end what it was all about.

Congratulations on the new baby by the way.

Where did you find that thing?

It was foretold of in Revelations 16:12-19. I'm surprised you didn't know that. It wasn't too far after the prediction that "the coming of the reign of fire shalt halt the competition between the saint of diegus and the roaming beasts from the land of the great falls"

You guys are like a bunch of sorrority sisters.....I ask one a question and someone else answers it for them.

Let me ask Ramius a question, then maybe Alaska Darin will chime in.....he seems to be the only one missing from the Drane Circlejerk.

Edit: whoops....he gave me the potato chips.....forgot about that.

Ramius....I'll give you a mulligan today. I saw your response in the other thread so I'll try to explain very simple, once again that I do not make financial predictions because I feel we are in the end times..........I came to the conclusion we are in the end times after seeing the financial and geopolitical situation we were in the past decade. There is no way to reverse the magnitude of the financial problem without starting a major war of some kind. Be it civil, revolution, or world.

I don't control how or when we get there....I can just give my best estimates which is what I have been doing. I really hope I am wrong....but I fear I am not. You have a right to laugh. I said I used to laugh too. It's just a really sad state of affairs.

I do not make financial predictions because I feel we are in the end times..........I came to the conclusion we are in the end times after seeing the financial and geopolitical situation we were in the past decade.

Oh yeah, that's not retarded. :thumbsup:

Here's a question.

If everyone thinks I'm goofy and full of crap...

And everyone says I don't know what I am talking about and have been wrong about everything I said...

Why would you want me to admit to being wrong about something, in such a desperate manner?

GG...I said I am out. I said 8200 is a resistance level that I don't feel we will bust through. If it closes today anything more than 50-100 points over that, I will consider myself wrong.There is almost no way we could break through the 200 day moving average [we did that in May, not that Dwight could admit it].... If the market busts through that and we head towards 10,000...I will gladly admit that I was too cautious and will eat crow.

Equity values are not normal assets. They are the residual of revenues and costs. If both go up in an inflation, your profit is unchanged. Look up equity performance in inflationary periods and then tell me if buyers will bid up stocks because everything is getting more expensive.

If you buy into the Fed money machine theory, you shouldn't be looking to put money is the stock market.

I don't believe that the stock market is a solid place to put your money over the next 12 months, hell for that matter next 3 years. All though I do believe it will go higher over the next 6 months, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the S&P at 1200.

There is just too much cash sitting on the sidelines eager to take advantage of this historic run that is going on right now. Of course alot of that money will be chasing after more money and usually those who chase usually end up getting burned. Funny thing about bubbles though, they tend to keep growing and growing and can last a long time before they get burst. Over the next 6 months we will be hearing improving economic data (albeit from disastrously low levels) but none the less it will continue to give reasons for people to chase after more gains.

I would guess that after the stimulus wears off not just from Treasury but from the Fed through their Emergency lending programs and also that most investors deem this run unjustified and commercial realestate really starts to falter we could be in for a very big pull back, unless of course Treasury comes up with another round of Stimulus (which would have deficit risk implications) and the Federal Reserve doesn't put too much emphasis on exiting their programs than I would imagine the pull back to be less severe. That isn't to say that I would disagree with those things happening, I don't believe we would should have another round of Stimulus and I do believe that FEDS should clearlya be communicating their exit strategy. My guess is that they won't, they don't have the political will to stomach dipping into a second recession, which probably would be the healthiest long term development for this economy.

I agree with what you said GG in regards to equity performance in inflationary times. Inflation is terrible for equity values, even more so if you have stagnant growth, which is what I am predicting over the next 5 years, with elevated levels of inflation (which is a double whammy).

Inflation is going to eat in to profits on a corporate level (higher input costs) and it will eat in to the consumers pockets.

But that isn't really what I was getting at, I was more referring to what I believe we will see over the next 6 months or so, which is higher equity values. Inflation will not pose a serious threat in the short term, there are way too many deflationary issues out there for that to happen.

So I would say that you would probably make money if you invested in stocks over the next couple months, for the reasons I mentioned above, all though I would advise against it.

I don't believe that the stock market is a solid place to put your money over the next 12 months, hell for that matter next 3 years. All though I do believe it will go higher over the next 6 months, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the S&P at 1200.

There is just too much cash sitting on the sidelines eager to take advantage of this historic run that is going on right now. Of course alot of that money will be chasing after more money and usually those who chase usually end up getting burned. Funny thing about bubbles though, they tend to keep growing and growing and can last a long time before they get burst. Over the next 6 months we will be hearing improving economic data (albeit from disastrously low levels) but none the less it will continue to give reasons for people to chase after more gains.

I would guess that after the stimulus wears off not just from Treasury but from the Fed through their Emergency lending programs and also that most investors deem this run unjustified and commercial realestate really starts to falter we could be in for a very big pull back, unless of course Treasury comes up with another round of Stimulus (which would have deficit risk implications) and the Federal Reserve doesn't put too much emphasis on exiting their programs than I would imagine the pull back to be less severe. That isn't to say that I would disagree with those things happening, I don't believe we would should have another round of Stimulus and I do believe that FEDS should clearlya be communicating their exit strategy. My guess is that they won't, they don't have the political will to stomach dipping into a second recession, which probably would be the healthiest long term development for this economy.

I agree with what you said GG in regards to equity performance in inflationary times. Inflation is terrible for equity values, even more so if you have stagnant growth, which is what I am predicting over the next 5 years, with elevated levels of inflation (which is a double whammy).

Inflation is going to eat in to profits on a corporate level (higher input costs) and it will eat in to the consumers pockets.

But that isn't really what I was getting at, I was more referring to what I believe we will see over the next 6 months or so, which is higher equity values. Inflation will not pose a serious threat in the short term, there are way too many deflationary issues out there for that to happen.

So I would say that you would probably make money if you invested in stocks over the next couple months, for the reasons I mentioned above, all though I would advise against it.

In other words, it'll be just like Family Feud if people stopped answering their surveys.

That's all fine and dandy, but the original question (which hasn't been answered) still stands:

How do 15,000 Dow and $3,500 gold coexist?

That's all fine and dandy, but the original question (which hasn't been answered) still stands:

How do 15,000 Dow and $3,500 gold coexist?

I can't possibly see 15,000 Dow and $3,500 gold. The only possible scenario that it could happen in my view is that the dollar becomes the primary currency for the carry trade, global growth improves, risk aversion becomes the name of the game, stocks go up and the dollar gradually declines. But even in that scenario, the dollar would have to fall apart for there to be $3,500 gold, which is a possibility, but if that were to happen, you would most likely see the Dow at 6,500 or possibly even lower.

I just don't see it.

In other words, it'll be just like Family Feud if people stopped answering their surveys.

I don't know where you are getting this from, but I never said that the DOW will go to 15,000 and Gold to $3500. You have got me confused with someone else.