9/15/09 : Big day for the master PPP prognositcator

John Adams

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG...I said I am out. I said 8200 is a resistance level that I don't feel we will bust through. If it closes today anything more than 50-100 points over that, I will consider myself wrong.There is almost no way we could break through the 200 day moving average [we did that in May, not that Dwight could admit it].... If the market busts through that and we head towards 10,000...I will gladly admit that I was too cautious and will eat crow.

To sustain their sense of superiority narcissists deny faults, limitations, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities. They never admit to being wrong or to making mistakes. They reject anything that challenges their narcissism because to them, by definition, anyone or anything that does not feed their ego or agree with their view of themselves as superior is automatically wrong and worthless.

Refusing to admit an error when a person does not believe he or she has made one does not make a person a narcissist; distorting the issue and belligerently arguing the point in order to always appear correct does. A narcissist will never truly admit to being wrong and in the case where he or she is wrong, the narcissist will adopt the position that he or she had the correct position all the time and you only misunderstood.

Uhh.....no....

I rebutting a guy (I think), who is going "Na Na.....You could have banged Jennifer Lopez...but you aren't"....all the while I have been banging Jessica Alba.

That's your interpretation of his posts????

You really are an idiot. :blink:

You'll never get to play in the majors if you never take the bat off your shoulder.

I guess some people are just happy riding the buses in AA their whole lives.

I'm sure Brien Taylor sits at home and points out when Roy Halladay loses a game as well.

The biggest difference is that you are backing a 15 game loser carting a 6.50 ERA and keep claiming he's going to win the Cy Young. And when confronted each time your pitcher loses, you respond with, "See, i was right, the 3rd baseman is going to win the batting title."

Sorry...should have not wrapped in quotes.

Your Quote

Thanks for confirming your idiocy. Never mind the context of the question was wrapped around your doomsday prophecy, but I would love to hear an explanation of how an increasing slope of the Dow and silver over a three month period equates to the certainty that Dow will hit 15,000 and gold will hit $3,500 SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Thus, the original question, as properly posed:

"How in the world can 15,000 pt Dow & $3,500 gold coexist?"

Thanks for confirming your idiocy. Never mind the context of the question was wrapped around your doomsday prophecy, but I would love to hear an explanation of how an increasing slope of the Dow and silver over a three month period equates to the certainty that Dow will hit 15,000 and gold will hit $3,500 SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Thus, the original question, as properly posed:

"How in the world can 15,000 pt Dow & $3,500 gold coexist?"

I never said certainty........I said there may come a point where all the trillions of dollars of newly printed money may find it's way into EVERYTHING hence it is possible for the stock market to rise greatly in nominal value, while it's real value rise is inconsequential.

If you read the tread that was from.....I said I was out of the stock market. I may miss a rally, but the risk of holding paper when the rest of the world is in the process of toppling the US from it's perch, is not a swift idea.

I also congratulated others that may have made money on this recent stock upswing in another thread. I admitted that I didn't expect momentum to punch through the moving average. Case closed.

I wish everyone prosperity and peace.

I never said certainty........I said there may come a point where all the trillions of dollars of newly printed money may find it's way into EVERYTHING hence it is possible for the stock market to rise greatly in nominal value, while it's real value rise is inconsequential.

uhm, no. The stock market is the collection of profit expectations. If you believe in monetary hyperinflation then that will cause paper revenues to rise, as well as paper costs, leaving profits about the same. But maybe in your world, equity multiples will also be impacted by inflation?

uhm, no. The stock market is the collection of profit expectations. If you believe in monetary hyperinflation then that will cause paper revenues to rise, as well as paper costs, leaving profits about the same. But maybe in your world, equity multiples will also be impacted by inflation?

They will be....in the early stages as people escape the dollar.

I don't know if you ever used to watch the Wheel of Fortune back in the old days. If you did, you may remember when after each round, the winner had to spend down all their money they had won during the round. The curtain would open up...and there would be a huge selection of merchandise. Funny thing though.....the prices of these prizes were said to be at retail value, but I would laugh at how disgustingly high they were. The catch is though......you had to get rid of that money on those specific items. If you held onto those dollars you won, they would be worthless. So you bit the bullet and bought up what you could in those 90 seconds, even though you were getting raped.

While Geithner and Bernanke get to play Pat Sajak and Vanna White, and the contestants are Goldman, JP Morgan, et al....sit back and enjoy as they all solve the puzzle for you.

They will be....in the early stages as people escape the dollar.

I don't know if you ever used to watch the Wheel of Fortune back in the old days. If you did, you may remember when after each round, the winner had to spend down all their money they had won during the round. The curtain would open up...and there would be a huge selection of merchandise. Funny thing though.....the prices of these prizes were said to be at retail value, but I would laugh at how disgustingly high they were. The catch is though......you had to get rid of that money on those specific items. If you held onto those dollars you won, they would be worthless. So you bit the bullet and bought up what you could in those 90 seconds, even though you were getting raped.

While Geithner and Bernanke get to play Pat Sajak and Vanna White, and the contestants are Goldman, JP Morgan, et al....sit back and enjoy as they all solve the puzzle for you.

I, myself, prefer a "Tic Tac Dough" investment model.

:lol: