Alright we lost a heartbreaker... BUT...

Did anyone here even think we'd be that close? We had the game...sure... but this HAS to be the wake up the call the Bills need. We found our identity and Van Pelt is choosing great plays.

HERE'S WHY BILLS FANS SHOULD BE HAPPY:

1. Demetrius Bell He played admirably. A few mechanic errors and penalties - but this man is our new franchise LT in the making and I'm very proud of him.

2. Identity It looks as if the Bills finally found their identity on offense. We can finally pull off the screen. Trent Edwards looked great spreading the ball around even though there were a few dump offs...whatever! Trent has confidence! They sustained long drives and kept Brady off the field. Just think what will happen to the bucs if they can do it again.

3. Defense Line. The line looked decent. Got some pressure against a good Patriots line. Schobel has a sack and I look for his streak to continue into the Tampa Bay game.

4. McKelvin and the backfield. A bonehead move on his part - he will need to have a big game next Sunday to earn his respect back. The Defense has looked good and did not give up one deep ball.

5. Home Opener Next Sunday is going to be a long day for Bucs fans. The rabid crowd inside the Ralph will be back and the 12th man WILL be loud. I'll be there =)

The interior O-line has me smiling this morning. It seemed like every other play you saw one or two of those guys way down the field making blocks. We can finally run an NFL offense with these guys - screens, pitches, draws - the bread and butter of good offenses. I'm excited.

Wood and Levitre looked like vets and Hangartner looked light years better than the two bums last year. Never saw Wilfork crash through the line yesterday. When's the last time we have seen that happen?

I am sorry, but after the Dallas game, the playoff game against Tennessee, and keeping a coach who has never, never won, it is time to give up, give in, and live up to my name. Edwards, who I watched in his first game against the Patriots, when he could and did go downfield, now makes short passes that are just long handoffs. The Patriots are not that good now, especially on defense, and will have a winning record, but only because of a fortunate schedule. I cannot and will not waste more time on a team I was buying the NFL ticket to watch.

I am sorry, but after the Dallas game, the playoff game against Tennessee, and keeping a coach who has never, never won, it is time to give up, give in, and live up to my name. Edwards, who I watched in his first game against the Patriots, when he could and did go downfield, now makes short passes that are just long handoffs. The Patriots are not that good now, especially on defense, and will have a winning record, but only because of a fortunate schedule. I cannot and will not waste more time on a team I was buying the NFL ticket to watch.

true to your name. :thumbsup:

true to your name. :thumbsup:

I went into this simply hoping for the Bills to be competitive--and were they ever! Sure, it was an extremely disappointing finish, but realistically very few people expected us to even be in the game. This team will only get better over this season, and the bounces will begin to go their way--the playoffs are a very real possibility. <_<

What exactly is a long handoff?

Great..so this should be the last time we read yer drivel.

Im sick of these heartbreakers. They happen with too much regularity. i like how a lot of things looked. but i hate the result and im sick of the culture of losing.

From the Dallas MNF game, this game, the Jets game last season, the Broncos opener a few years ago... this crap happens this often its more than a coincidence, luck, or players 'learning how to win'

Yeah, I really thought Bell would be a saloon door this year, but in one game he proved he's an adequate left tackle and has the potential to be a real fixture. Played well considering his inexperience.

I have to agree. He wasn't Anthony Munoz or even House Ballard yet, but he was every bit as good or better than that overrated lazy guy we shipped to Philly was for us all last season.

Did anyone here even think we'd be that close? We had the game...sure... but this HAS to be the wake up the call the Bills need.

Was the Dallas game 2 years ago the wake up call this franchise needed? How about the Cleveland game last year.

Dick Jauron is an expert at overseeing a team that knows how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Mark my words, this won't be the first time we experience this pain this season. Don't get your hopes up. The Buffalo Bills are highly-trained, highly-paid fvuk-ups.

Only the Bills could manage to lose that game.

Was the Dallas game 2 years ago the wake up call this franchise needed? How about the Cleveland game last year.

Dick Jauron is an expert at overseeing a team that knows how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Mark my words, this won't be the first time we experience this pain this season. Don't get your hopes up. The Buffalo Bills are highly-trained, highly-paid fvuk-ups.

I said it elsewhere, but nobody remembers that Denver season opener a few years ago disaster

Yeah, but don't you just have to laugh at this point? I don't understand how people continue to take these losses so much to heart after the last several years. I guess I've moved on to acceptance and I just have to shake my head in admiration for the ability of the Bills to find new ways to lose.

I would hope they wouldn't have trouble finding their identity because it's been the same throughout the last decade....the team that can't close the deal.

A little motivational speech for our brave little Bills who went out there and gave it their best try....

I want to be optimistic too, and I agree with the previous analyses about the young players. Here's the problem - most games in the NFL are close, yet some teams win consistently and others lose consistently. Guess which one the Bills are? Last night wasn't about talent, and most NFL games are not decided on talent because there is too much parity in the league. Go position by position - the pats are clear cut winners at QB, nose tackle, and probably LT. On the flip side, the Bills have better "talent" at RB and DB. A lot of the other positions are pretty much even.

The difference is coaching and players playing smart football. The Pats players are COACHED to do things like rip the ball out if you're the second guy in on a tackle, and they also happen to have the presence of mind to actually do it in important situations. Likewise, Mckelvin wasn't COACHED to do the smart thing, or atleast he didn't have the football smarts to do it. He's clearly a superior athlete to the Pats return men, but his decision making was bad and it cost the Bills the game.

Take the 3 close games this past weekend: Denver/Cinci, Buffalo/NE, and San Diego/Oakland. The perennial winners won and the bumbling Bills, Bengals, and Raiders lost. Coincidence? I think not. All the winning teams have superior coaching and players that play smart football.

Sorry for rambling, and again I really hope the great performances of the young guys is evidence of things to come this season. But honestly, I don't think their culture of losing will change until superior coaching is brought in. It's been said before, but this past weekend really exemplified that theory.

I went into this simply hoping for the Bills to be competitive--and were they ever! Sure, it was an extremely disappointing finish, but realistically very few people expected us to even be in the game. This team will only get better over this season, and the bounces will begin to go their way--the playoffs are a very real possibility. :P

I couldn't agree more. Honestly, I couldn't believe that the team was as horrible as the preseason would have indicated, so I went into the season with an open mind. Sure I was disaapointed, but this team is young and they are going to be much better over the course of the season.

FWIW...I've had several people comment to me today that the Bills "looked pretty darn good" last night and "should have beaten the Pats"...some of these people were Pats fans! I had a huge Steeelers fan say he couldn't sleep last night because the Bills should have won. :lol: We garnered some respect last night people...what else could have been a better outcome from a MNF loss?

I want to be optimistic too, and I agree with the previous analyses about the young players. Here's the problem - most games in the NFL are close, yet some teams win consistently and others lose consistently. Guess which one the Bills are? Last night wasn't about talent, and most NFL games are not decided on talent because there is too much parity in the league. Go position by position - the pats are clear cut winners at QB, nose tackle, and probably LT. On the flip side, the Bills have better "talent" at RB and DB. A lot of the other positions are pretty much even.

The difference is coaching and players playing smart football. The Pats players are COACHED to do things like rip the ball out if you're the second guy in on a tackle, and they also happen to have the presence of mind to actually do it in important situations. Likewise, Mckelvin wasn't COACHED to do the smart thing, or atleast he didn't have the football smarts to do it. He's clearly a superior athlete to the Pats return men, but his decision making was bad and it cost the Bills the game.

Take the 3 close games this past weekend: Denver/Cinci, Buffalo/NE, and San Diego/Oakland. The perennial winners won and the bumbling Bills, Bengals, and Raiders lost. Coincidence? I think not. All the winning teams have superior coaching and players that play smart football.

Sorry for rambling, and again I really hope the great performances of the young guys is evidence of things to come this season. But honestly, I don't think their culture of losing will change until superior coaching is brought in. It's been said before, but this past weekend really exemplified that theory.

that is a very good post

Post more often please. :lol:

Came out both please and worried honestly.

Please in that the line had its moments, and the defense played well for most of the game. Mostly good decisions by the QB and the screen/draw game was awesome.

Worried in that the usual problem of the defense being on the field for over 60 percent of game. They run a very small defense overall, and they need to hold on to the ball longer early in game, if expect the defense to be there for end of game.

If they don't fix the time of possession disparity, don't see them winning allot of games, honestly. Think getting Lynch back will help some there, as they will be able to run more of the traditional run plays, rather than misdirection plays. Worried that the No-Huddle will offset this however.

Basically think they look like have some good young talent, and there is a lot of potential there, but they are too small on defense to play the types of game plans they seem to keep rolling out.