Demetrius Bell Looked Awesome!!

Critical penalties in critical situations. When he wasn't getting called for illegal formations, he did a solid job of protecting, but how many stupid penalties can our offense overcome? Take away the penalties and this game could never have been in doubt in the last two minutes.

Bell has to get his first start, so blaming the staff for throwing him out there is stupid...everyone has a first game.

Bells penalties were dumb, but he had some real moments that did look like this kid will be good. It was a his first game and he made young mistakes, so be it. But overall, the line showed a lot of promise and Bell showed a lot of potential. I will say it again, this line will be a lot better than last years by mid season.

Bell has to get his first start, so blaming the staff for throwing him out there is stupid...everyone has a first game.

Bells penalties were dumb, but he had some real moments that did look like this kid will be good. It was a his first game and he made young mistakes, so be it. But overall, the line showed a lot of promise and Bell showed a lot of potential. I will say it again, this line will be a lot better than last years by mid season.

Listen, this guy hasn't played football very long. He should be better coached to not have four penalties in his first game! Bell did show glimpses of a good LT. But that doesn't mean he is ready to assume the starting role against a very good D line.

Critical penalties in critical situations. When he wasn't getting called for illegal formations, he did a solid job of protecting, but how many stupid penalties can our offense overcome? Take away the penalties and this game could never have been in doubt in the last two minutes.

Is Runyon in Buffalo yet?

Demetrius Bell Haters....are your kidding?

First of all, if you didn't expect this kid who has 5 yrs of football under his belt to not have some rookie mistakes you're kidding yourselves. 2 illegal formations were his fault--he will learn. Those aren't mistakes of skill. They are mistakes of being a freaking rookie.

I'm not sure what game you guys were watching. Bell looked solid on 80-90% of his plays. TE had relatively good blind side protection.

If this was Bell's first game then I'm pretty happy about the rest of the year. The kid has only upside.

Bell performed well for his first start. He looks like he can play the spot. Bad penalties for the formation stuff but he won't be likely to make those again.

The offensive line's performance and the playcalling was VERY encouraging. Too bad Leodis sh&! all over himself on that kick return or this board would be ecstatic.