The Opening Sunday Thread!

Heitz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jests are flat out throttling a very good Houston offense.

Also, after some early jitters, Sanchez has looked pretty solid.

I'm underwhelmed by the Houston offense...they look sloppy out there and it's not just the Jets. Penalties, mental mistakes. They don't look prepared.

This Jets / Texans game has been pretty hard hitting so far. We might be in trouble with the Jets rush, me thinks. Almost a huge mistake by Sanchez!

I don't know why so many people here are convinced that the Jets would be awful this year. They were almost a playoff team last year and upgraded their D during the offseason. I've thought all along they would have a good year and finish 2d in the AFCE.

I don't know why so many people here are convinced that the Jets would be awful this year. They were almost a playoff team last year and upgraded their D during the offseason. I've thought all along they would have a good year and finish 2d in the AFCE.

They'll go as far as Sanchez can take them....so far so good.

As soon as I type that, INT for a TD...

I hate to say it, but the Jests look solid. Of course it's week one and all of that, but still Sanchez looks impressive and the D has been getting after Houston...

And, to be fair, Peters has been having a nice game too.

Nobody is really doing much of anything offense (i.e. stats) wise. Thought Houston was supposed to be good this year. Detroit-New Orleans ia a good game. Miami is full of trick plays that don't work. Cincy-Denver, Yikes. KC playing Baltimore close. Typical Week One if you ask me. Defense rules in the NFL.

It's refreshing after having so much of the spotlight on us that there may in fact be worse situations out there than the Bills...

I just really can't fathom Denver. I can buy that they had to make a change, Shanahan was coming up short, but man...

Just finished watching the ATL/Miami game...

1) (EDIT) Even Mularkey thought the Miami OC was absolutely retarded. I've never seen such a ridiculous offense in all my life. Absolutely no rhythm to it whatsoever, and Pat White can't pass a ball to save his life.

2) Phillip Merling is already better than any DE we have on our roster, save for the potential of Maybin.

3) Miami's front seven is very good, and their secondary WILL be within the next year or two.

4) We really could have used T.Gonzales.

5) We really could have used M.Peterson