Guess what Buffalo?

In sports anything is possible and I don't doubt the Patriots are softer than in years past, but that being said I still think there's a very good chance the Patriots blow the Bills out on Monday night.

But everyone here, even the doubters and haters, will be watching for that one shot in a million where a Jauron led football team beats a Belichick led football team in a nationally televised game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots will win, but it will be close. Let me give my game day grades before the game starts.

Bills: Offense: C- Basically there are only two players hitting the field that were permanent starters from last year in playing the same position, Trent Edwards and Lee Evans. Now TO will change things up some and Fred Jackson should have a few decent runs. The low grade here is really going to come from an offensive line that is completely revamped and has had little time together. Shawn Nelson should be sprinkled in here a lot. Buffalo's only hope here is to give Trent just enought time to get rid of the ball positively. Screens, slants, quick in and outs, and a few deep passes to keep em guessing should do the trick.

Bills: Defense: B+ Pretty solid core. They can set the tone for the whole game by the pressure they put on Brady. Maybin should be seen a lot on 2nd and 3rd downs. The key is to keep 1st down yardage short. My two concerns here are Keith Ellison and Bryan Scott.

Bills: Special Teams: A+ Do I need to say anything?

Patriots: Offense: A- Tom Brady does good for the same reason Troy Aikman did, a solid offensive line. The DT's and the OLB's really need to control the run game. Double up on Moss and stuff Welker and they could be in for a long game. The key is to get Brady uncomfortable.

Patriots: Defense: B- The only trouble everyone seems to have here is the secondary. Bill B always seems to find smart DB's who can run his game plan so the weakness is yet to be seen. The DL and the LB's will wreak havoc on a young inexperienced Bills OL.

Patriots: Special Teams: A Not sure all about them but from what I watched in the past a reallysolid group.

The game should prove to be exciting and closer then some think. Last years games were close at times. Buffalo needs to find out quick just how gun shy Brady may be. Schobel, Maybin, and Mitchell should be able to find out quick. A young Bills OL will learn, but they just have to be physical. They need to learn to dominate and how to have the upper hand. NE's OL needs to be looked up to by this group. Bills want tough aggressive OL, they got them. They have to learn to be smart as well.

Final prediction: Patriots 27 Bills 17

Truth is - the pats don't know WHAT they have. We're SUPPOSED to lose this game. They're supposed to win. But the truth is, no one knows whats going to happen - they have depleted their defense.

Tonight, on the news, local Boston media exposed the fact that these guys are scared. They THINK they know what they have based on their REPUTATION but they are not confident in the least. Nor is the local media.

Buffalo Defense - go out and BLITZ the !@#$ out of the PATS.

Buffalo Offense - go out and THROW the ball. They are preparing for the RUN.

This game could go anyway... but in all the years I’ve lived in Boston - there has never been so much uncertainly amongst these girls called the PATS.

WE have nothing to lose - bottom line - the pressure is on THEM - not us.

Go Bills.

Go Harp!

Duh, uh they still have Tom Brady, right?

C'mon scared? I doubt they are even concerned. While no true Bills fan can or should like them, the Patsies* are a solid football franchise that has owned the Bills for most of a decade. It is up to the Bills to establish there is a change. Until they do the Patsies* will not be scared of the Bills.

The one thing that can't be over looked is the odds makers. These are the real pros when assessing a match-up. I'm not saying that they are 100% but I trust their insight more than ESPN and all the other so called “experts” predictions and 10.5 is a lot of points.

That being said I hope we win at least 2 division games this year.

When it is 27-0 at the half, I'm sure they'll be shitting bricks over what adjustments they'll have to make to prevent a comeback.

Since your so optimistic I trust that you won't bother watching the game right? You already know the outcome...why go through that?

I swear some people are Bills fans just for the opportunity to constantly B word and complain.

I'm not AT ALL happy about how the team has looked thus far. A lot of their moves have been very questionable. BUT anything can happen. I would think as "fans" we would try to be optimistic or at least reserve judgment until after the game. I suppose that would detract from the perverse pleasure many of us seem to get by coming on here and spewing negative bull sh--..

Truth is - the pats don't know WHAT they have. We're SUPPOSED to lose this game. They're supposed to win. But the truth is, no one knows whats going to happen - they have depleted their defense.

Tonight, on the news, local Boston media exposed the fact that these guys are scared. They THINK they know what they have based on their REPUTATION but they are not confident in the least. Nor is the local media.

Buffalo Defense - go out and BLITZ the !@#$ out of the PATS.

Buffalo Offense - go out and THROW the ball. They are preparing for the RUN.

This game could go anyway... but in all the years I’ve lived in Boston - there has never been so much uncertainly amongst these girls called the PATS.

WE have nothing to lose - bottom line - the pressure is on THEM - not us.

Go Bills.

Go Harp!

Sorry to dismiss your rant But I live in Massachussets and 1 team they are never afraid of and always look forward to handing us our worst defeats of the season. They would love to play us every game so they could be 16-0 every season.

Theres no fear in the Patriots and they like the fact that the opening game is against the Bills so the Brady can really get his rust of a year layoff shaken off.

Guest dog14787
Sorry to dismiss your rant But I live in Massachussets and 1 team they are never afraid of and always look forward to handing us our worst defeats of the season. They would love to play us every game so they could be 16-0 every season.

Theres no fear in the Patriots and they like the fact that the opening game is against the Bills so the Brady can really get his rust of a year layoff shaken off.

I'll bet when Maybin slams Brady down on his sore shoulder everything changes real quick. :doh:

Isn't Belichick still the HC in New England? Because unless the Bills have something like the wild cat cooked up for MNF, I can't imagine BB being surprised by anything. If anything, DJ is deathly afraid of BB and what NE has in mind for 3 rookie OL, and a QB with confidence issues.

Isn't Belichick still the HC in New England? Because unless the Bills have something like the wild cat cooked up for MNF, I can't imagine BB being surprised by anything. If anything, DJ is deathly afraid of BB and what NE has in mind for 3 rookie OL, and a QB with confidence issues.

Yes, because BB is a football god. To bad that god had to cheat in the past. :doh:

Folks, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

Agree or not - I have never heard the local media here in Boston; including some of the player interviews - share such concern about the team.

The media here never looks to Pburgh, Baltimore and Tennessee with such envy.

Altho they are OVERLY confident that with Brady - they win - but admit that their defense is weak - and if BRADY goes down - they're DONE.

When it's 21-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter, maybe you'll get it.
s

Yeah, like the 2006 opener or the 2009 finale. The only possible outcome of this game is 112-0, and I am not even sure if Buffalo will have football player in Foxboro or if they will just text message some formations to Bellichick and he can reply if he would score a touchdown against it or not, and they can total their points on a paper napkin. Because actually playing the game makes no sense.

It is hard in the current lending environment, but I am trying to get a quick home equity loan so that I can take that Pats at 10.5 with everything I own, because you know nothing is as predictable as NFL football games. Anybody who wastes time watching this game with any hopes whatsoever is a complete idiot since it has already been transcribed into the standings, and the Bills are getting ready to rebound in week 2.

Whoa...sorry about that. I seem to have had SARCASM LOCK pressed on my keyboad...I hate when that happens. It is our toughest game all year, and a game I would expect would be one of our 5 losses in a miracle 11-5 season and one of our 9 losses in a boring 7-9 season, and one of our 12 losses in a disappointing 4-12 season. I think that lets us play without pressure, take some chances, and see what happens. I know Dick has a strong likelihood of pissing us off if we don't stay in the game, but I hope we bring pressure, knock Brady down early and often (not dirty, but push the envelope and accept 15 yards if it happens), throw some bombs and see if Lee and TO can outplay a DB, and have some fun. However it goes it is the first step with 15 more to follow.

Time for a changing of the guard. We are the new kids on the block. Fresh young and hungry with nothing to live for. Most of the fans have already wrote them off and have fired the coach before one snap. I hope we blitz Brady onto the PUP list and Trent and the WR's light them up for 5 TD's. No need to hold back we already lost in the eyes of the media so may as well blitz often and throw deep alot. If we get beat at least we gave every thing we had.

Time for a changing of the guard. We are the new kids on the block. Fresh young and hungry with nothing to live for. Most of the fans have already wrote them off and have fired the coach before one snap. I hope we blitz Brady onto the PUP list and Trent and the WR's light them up for 5 TD's. No need to hold back we already lost in the eyes of the media so may as well blitz often and throw deep alot. If we get beat at least we gave every thing we had.

I would love to see this happen. I don't know if this is a Jauron style game though...lol

Guest dog14787
Let Maybin loose!

uh huh, Aaron's going to get you, uh huh

uh huh, Aarons going to get you, uh huh

Don't look now, he's coming up behind you,

OH NO, HE'S GOING TO BLIND SIDE YOU!!!

uh huh, Aarons going to get you, uh huh........ UMP!!!!