Remember the World Trade Center

Thank You and all the rest of our military for your service to our country

God Bless America!

I agree! Thanks to all the military personnel who serve our country! I teach the 6th grade and we brought in a couple of military branches to talk with the kids, Navy on Tuesday and Air Force on Thursday that talked about their experiences. After the Air Force Thursday, we expressed our disappointment in the students that not one had the thoughtfulness to even say thank you to either branch for all they do. Hopefully after our little chat many of them will begin to appreciate all that they have and thank those that allow us to to have the rights that we do.

I will never understand how all the men on those planes could let somebody take them down with BOX-CUTTERS. I just do not understand that whole scenario. I understand that this is not the point, and please do not take what I am saying the wrong way. I am, in no way, disrespecting ANYBODY whatsoever. I just cannot grasp how a bunch of men could accept their fate was decided by a bunch of Arabs with utility knifes.

Because standard procedure up to that point was to give the hijackers command of the plane and get it down as soon as possible, to avoid any harm to the passengers - because up to that point, pretty much the ONLY people harmed or threatened in hijackings were the passengers. The terrorists' plan for 9/11 identified the weakness in that procedure (what if the hijackers want actual direct control of the plane? The SOP won't prevent that.) and quite simply and smartly used the system against itself.

9/11 represented a quintessential paradigm shift in what hijackings could mean and be intended for...and that shift occured pretty much within the space of ten minutes, when the passengers of United 93 threw out the "standard" response and tried to take back the plane once they realized they were being used as a cruise missile. That's a very important thing to understand in relation to your question: at 8am, no one knew they were being "taken down with box cutters". By 9:30am, they knew.

Because standard procedure up to that point was to give the hijackers command of the plane and get it down as soon as possible, to avoid any harm to the passengers - because up to that point, pretty much the ONLY people harmed or threatened in hijackings were the passengers. The terrorists' plan for 9/11 identified the weakness in that procedure (what if the hijackers want actual direct control of the plane? The SOP won't prevent that.) and quite simply and smartly used the system against itself.

9/11 represented a quintessential paradigm shift in what hijackings could mean and be intended for...and that shift occured pretty much within the space of ten minutes, when the passengers of United 93 threw out the "standard" response and tried to take back the plane once they realized they were being used as a cruise missile. That's a very important thing to understand in relation to your question: at 8am, no one knew they were being "taken down with box cutters". By 9:30am, they knew.

Bingo! I had this same exact discussion last night with an uncle of mine, and I basically told him the same thing, The modus operandi of terrorists is vastly different than what it was 10-20 years ago. Hijackers used their victims as pawns for negotiations where as today it is to strike fear in the core of people's minds.

The best thing that people could of done years ago is just let them do what they gotta do and more likely than not you would return safely, there was no need to be a hero. Now a days it's a different ball game.

I was just walking out of my house to go to work (I work at a University in California) and my neighbor across the street ran over to me (former military went immediately to the other former military on the block)

I actually laughed it off because I didn't understand what he was saying......I turn on the radio to listen to some music and it was just weird.....no music...not much talk.....I was like ok something has happened then I put two and two together and when I made it to the University everyone was in a state of shock....classes had been suspended....nobody was working......and there was this strong push to make sure everyone understood that our middle eastern students (of which we had a lot) were NOT the ones that did this and were not terrorists. As soon as the media started talking about how some of the terrorists might have got in on student visas it became a REAL concern.

A young middle eastern woman walks into my office the next day and starts crying.......she was petrified.

I had my own business at the time. I was on the phone with a local supplier, making jokes.

The sales guy stopped me and asked if I knew what just happened. I turned on the TV just

in time to see the second building fall. I watched for a bit, listened to the reports of more

planes that might be hijacked and sped off to my kids daycare to bring them home as we are

on the path of landing planes..

I then spent, like many other people, the next few days watching the TV trying to grasp what

had happened. Thankfully, I didn't know anyone involved.

God bless to all the families of those who were killed or injured in those events.