Runyan feels "great" after Bills workout

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I suggested on one of the other numerous posts on the subject, I don't think the Bills are the frontrunners for his services.

That said, if they wanted to make a bold, decisive statement, they wouldn't wait till next week to offer him the contract. They would sign him right now and assume the (medical) risk. A little outside the box but dare to be great.

We have $3 million that we're not paying to Langston Walker. So if you really want him, get it done.

This can't even be a question. If he had a good workout, wait until Sunday and sign him. The Bills line is incredibly shaky and he's a good player. Not a long-term fix by any means but he's got to be an upgrade over Butler.

at this point, i wouldnt even wait, as i think that is the edge we need to take advantage of on this one. Philly and KC may wait until Sunday, but I think we should get him now. even though i know its risky. we need to take that risk.

As I suggested on one of the other numerous posts on the subject, I don't think the Bills are the frontrunners for his services.

That said, if they wanted to make a bold, decisive statement, they wouldn't wait till next week to offer him the contract. They would sign him right now and assume the (medical) risk. A little outside the box but dare to be great.

We have $3 million that we're not paying to Langston Walker. So if you really want him, get it done.

agreed on both points, im sure he wants to go back to Philly. and we need to sign him now.

TE should text Russ again "Save my ass, sign Runyan now"

I agree w/some of the previous posters comments. We should make room on the roster now and pay the guy. He's a solid veteran that would make an immediately impact on our weak line in a few different ways.

Once in a while you have to open up the wallet a little more than you want to.......this is one of those times.

Runyan would be a great addition to the line even just for his attitude.

But, the only way the Bills are going to get him is if they bite the bullet and sign him know rather than trying to pinch a few pennies and waiting until after Monday. If we wait, I think he will definitely go back to Philly.

problem is that the Bills have to wait until after Monday night's game to sign him...other teams can sign him immediately after the game on Sunday.

Are you certain? Palantonio says the following in his article:

"If Runyan is on a roster on Saturday at 4 p.m. ET, as a vested veteran his entire 2009 salary is guaranteed. After Sunday, a more club-friendly contract can be ironed out."

It doesn't appear to be Sunday. It appears to be Saturday. Unless Palantonio has his facts incorrect.

Five posts before yours Whites Bay.

ESPN says Saturday 4PM is the cutoff for vested guaranteed salary
Are you certain? Palantonio says the following in his article:

"If Runyan is on a roster on Saturday at 4 p.m. ET, as a vested veteran his entire 2009 salary is guaranteed. After Sunday, a more club-friendly contract can be ironed out."

It doesn't appear to be Sunday. It appears to be Saturday. Unless Palantonio has his facts incorrect.

If he is better than Butler than I would go for it. Heck, if Butler-Runyan is better than Levitre-Butler we should go for it too. So if he is healthy and worked out well and interested, I am very much for this signing.

However, why would he prefer Buffalo to Philly? I don't think we can get him if someone else is interested right now. I would make an offer and let him decide, but I wouldn't get my hopes up as a fan.

Man I'm worried this is gonna be another case of me getting my hopes up with the Bills picking up a solid player like Runyan and seeing my hopes and dreams dashed by lack of wanting to spend money or just no action at all. GET ER DONE! PLEASE!!!!

First of all, stop worrying about something over which you have no control.

Take money out of the equation. If you were Runyon, where would YOU go? Exactly.

And for those of you thinking the Bills should pick up Runyon's current contract instead of waiting, forgive my pessimism but while Runyon would clearly be an upgrade, it's not like his presence on the line will mark the difference between getting to the playoffs and getting DEEP into the playoffs. This team has more problems than a Runyon signing at full contract is going to address. If you can get him inexpensively, great, but otherwise let the rooks get the reps this year and hope, somehow, that we can bring in a coaching staff next year that knows what to do with the young'ns.

First of all, stop worrying about something over which you have no control.

Take money out of the equation. If you were Runyon, where would YOU go? Exactly.

And for those of you thinking the Bills should pick up Runyon's current contract instead of waiting, forgive my pessimism but while Runyon would clearly be an upgrade, it's not like his presence on the line will mark the difference between getting to the playoffs and getting DEEP into the playoffs. This team has more problems than a Runyon signing at full contract is going to address. If you can get him inexpensively, great, but otherwise let the rooks get the reps this year and hope, somehow, that we can bring in a coaching staff next year that knows what to do with the young'ns.

What he said.