Text of Jauron conference call with Boston media

Beerball

I liked this bit.

Q: Why did you decide to go that route? Was it a matter of your personnel? What was the thinking behind that?

DJ: To be perfectly honest, which is a pretty good thing to be, I’ve always wanted to do it. It was the direction I wanted to go when I got here and, for one reason or another, we never got to it. We certainly practiced it, we just never got to it. So I do think you need certain personnel to fit it. It think our personnel does fit it and I’m excited about it. Clearly, we need to get a lot better at it, and we need to get a lot better at it fast because, once again, we know who we’re playing and they’re awfully good.

Q: What is that type of personnel you need to run a no-huddle offense?

DJ: You know, I think you could probably figure it out. It’s not exceptional to almost any NFL team. I think anybody’s got the personnel that could play it. So generally, in the NFL, I believe you have that personnel.

I liked this bit.

Q: Why did you decide to go that route? Was it a matter of your personnel? What was the thinking behind that?

DJ: To be perfectly honest, which is a pretty good thing to be, I’ve always wanted to do it. It was the direction I wanted to go when I got here and, for one reason or another, we never got to it. We certainly practiced it, we just never got to it. So I do think you need certain personnel to fit it. It think our personnel does fit it and I’m excited about it. Clearly, we need to get a lot better at it, and we need to get a lot better at it fast because, once again, we know who we’re playing and they’re awfully good.

DJ: You know, I think you could probably figure it out. It’s not exceptional to almost any NFL team. I think anybody’s got the personnel that could play it. So generally, in the NFL, I believe you have that personnel.

Getting used to this system, first post errr second post including the error I just did. I wish this thread hadn't died because it really sums up what we are dealing with. This guy should not be a head coach. First he states "we" had the personnel to fit it and then when questioned what that exactly means he says "you know you can probably figure that out" and every team has the personnel to run it.

What type of answers are those?

I liked this bit.

I have to admit, I have no freaking clue what he's trying to say here.

I liked this bit.

Actually, that was a very good answer to give and I liked how he was specifically vague as well. If he were to provide the exact reason why he feels he has the personnel to run it well, that gives NE* a tip. By saying that ALL NFL teams have the personnel to run it he, once again, is not giving anyone a reason why he thinks the Bills have the specific personnel to run it which, again, doesn't tip anything to NE*.

Not that Bellyache is going to lose any sleep. He knows that the goal of the no huddle is to create mismatches and something tells me he'll be ready for it.

But nobody can fault Jauron with the answer he gave. It was the right answer.

GO BILLS!!!

He has no sound explanation on his decision to go "no Huddle". I would have more respect for him if he admitted the truth. If he said: We are going no huddle because our O-line is not strong (or young and not experienced yet - sugar coat it for them) and we need to try and keep the defense from attacking and we think this will help. I would say ok that seems logical and let's try it.

Actually, that was a very good answer to give and I liked how he was specifically vague as well. If he were to provide the exact reason why he feels he has the personnel to run it well, that gives NE* a tip. By saying that ALL NFL teams have the personnel to run it he, once again, is not giving anyone a reason why he thinks the Bills have the specific personnel to run it which, again, doesn't tip anything to NE*.

Not that Bellyache is going to lose any sleep. He knows that the goal of the no huddle is to create mismatches and something tells me he'll be ready for it.

GO BILLS!!!

It was transparently evasive and he's lucky they didn't press him on the point and just let it slide.

Besides, if you don't want to discuss why you are running the no-huddle, why even go there about the personnel in the first place? He brought it up.

GO BILLS!!!

Are you serious? You think it's a big secret that our o-line isn't vetted and ready for what is upcoming this season? I think even the casual fan is aware that we are going to need some smoke and mirrors till this line gets some game time under their belt. I think his talk makes him look like a dumb A**

It was transparently evasive and he's lucky they didn't press him on the point and just let it slide.

Besides, if you don't want to discuss why you are running the no-huddle, why even go there about the personnel in the first place? He brought it up.

Because he's an idiot.

They asked him specifically about the personnel, twice. DJ didn't bring it up. The press did. And that's why he was 'transparantly evasive' (I used the term specifically vague instead). The press knew he wasn't going to give them anything of substance and that's why they let it slide. Perhaps he could have been more of an Ahole like a lot of coaches but Jauron isn't that type. Much to the chagrin of many around here.

GO BILLS!!!

Are you serious? You think it's a big secret that our o-line isn't vetted and ready for what is upcoming this season? I think even the casual fan is aware that we are going to need some smoke and mirrors till this line gets some game time under their belt. I think his talk makes him look like a dumb A**

Of course everyone knows our line is young and gonna make mistakes and get its collective ass handed to it. That's not the point behind NOT explaining in detail why you think you have personnel to run the no huddle.

The no-huddle is designed to create mismatches. Mismatches between your offensive skill players and the defense's skill players, specifically. If you can't see why a coach would prefer not to discuss why (meaning WHICH) skill players he believes he has to make a no-huddle work, what can I say? Jauron simply chose not to answer specifically which is a good tactic.

Of course you think he's a big idiot so there is NOTHING short of him saying, "I resign as coach of the Buffalo Bills" that you will EVER be able to see as even remotely wise. Given some of his game decisions I can see why. I just believe in giving credit where credit it due and I simply thought he gave a good answer to a question he refused to be pinned down on.

GO BILLS!!!

They asked him specifically about the personnel, twice. DJ didn't bring it up. The press did. And that's why he was 'transparantly evasive' (I used the term specifically vague instead). The press knew he wasn't going to give them anything of substance and that's why they let it slide. Perhaps he could have been more of an Ahole like a lot of coaches but Jauron isn't that type. Much to the chagrin of many around here.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant he opened the door with his first response to that question. Yes, they asked about personnel, but he could've just as easily not answered that part of the question and cited some other fluff reasons. Instead, he opened the door and they asked him another question on it. In essence, his first response indicated they were on to something and he was willing to talk about it a bit. It's not being an ahole to take control of the interview and lead the interviewer into things that you want to discuss -- actually, it is indicative of someone that plans ahead and can think on his feet.

GO BILLS!!!

Huh??

Something tells you that BB is going to be ready for the possibility that we may run the no-huddle with the personnel we currently have on the team?

Ooops! Did I just give something away?

Huh??

Something tells you that BB is going to be ready for the possibility that we may run the no-huddle with the personnel we currently have on the team?

Ooops! Did I just give something away?

Not sure what you're tyring to say here. Other than agreeing with what I said in a sarcastic manner.

Something tells me BB will be ready for anything the Bills can conjure up. Is that better? Easier to grasp? Do I have to write a million times that BB is a better coach than DJ? Of course he is! I'm not kidding myself about anything. Been around the game too long for that.

DJ gave a good "coaches" answer to a question he had NO INTENTION OF ANSWERING! Nothing more. Period. End of story. That's my opinion.

Anything else you'd like me to clear up?

GO BILLS!!!