The cold water of reality.

ICE

the Bills must go 7-1 down the final stretch to even have a chance at the playoffs. AND they must still have help from AFC teams.

BTW...for those that can't count...we are 3-5.  Add in 7-1 = 10-6.

114032[/snapback]

IMHO, we don't have a chance of going 7-1.

Here's to the future........GO Losman, McGahee and Lee Evans!

Guest Guest_corp000085_*

in my dream, the redsox still didn't come back from 0-3 to beat the yankees. My opinion now is that anything is possible ICE. Hell, even drew bledsoe spun off of a tackle and ran for 20 yards. He's got it going now. I'm certainly not expecting the bills to go 7-1, but i can't say that 7-1 or 8-0 isn't possible.

dude... we did the math. we know 7-1 is the sweet spot. we know it's a tough road to hoe. will we? not if the offense doesn't get better and the defense has to stop giving up yards/points in "money" time.

I said last week was a pivotal game and if the Bills won, they took a huge step forward. We win this week, and "game on" we are back.

The drive for the playoffs has begun. Injuries... Pennington? Ty Law, Priest Holmes, Steve McNair. Dude... who's next? Alan Faneca, Marvel Smith, Plaxico Burress, Tom Brady, Teddy Bruschi, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Shaun Alexander, Ray Lewis, Jamaal Lewis, Curtis Martin? You never know.

So, are you with us on this? or are you going to climb on the wagon after the bills win 7 straight and host the steelers?

Reality is reality... The Bills dug them self a hole... but it seems to me that this team is beginning to define itself and starting to smell a little blood.... for them, now is the time to fish or cut bait. We'll see if they're ready for prime time... they're either contenders or pretenders. the answer comes Sun. night.

the Bills must go 7-1 down the final stretch to even have a chance at the playoffs. AND they must still have help from AFC teams.

BTW...for those that can't count...we are 3-5.  Add in 7-1 = 10-6.

114032[/snapback]

I see that the whiners club starts early around here.

Guest billsnfl2004

ice your the most negitive fan ever it is not go 7-1 it is only about sun night take it one game at a time and see what happens I for one find it so much more fun that way

I am well aware of the situation you describe, ICE. I was thinking those thoughts back when Buffalo was losing a couple games they should have won. At this point, I am not thinking playoffs at all, only that if Buffalo can make a strong run inthe second half of the season, it will give me a solid reason to hope for a playoff run in 2005. I'm also interested in making sure that Dallas' first round pick from the Bills is as low as possible, lower than their own. If we can get it down close to the position where Losman was drafted this season, I'll be ecstatic. I'm still encouraged by the emergence of a team identity under Mularkey though. Even with your negativity, you can't take that away from me.

dude... we did the math.  we know 7-1 is the sweet spot.  we know it's a tough road to hoe.  will we?  not if the offense doesn't get better and the defense has to stop giving up yards/points in "money" time.

I said last week was a pivotal game and if the Bills won, they took a huge step forward.  We win this week, and "game on" we are back.

The drive for the playoffs has begun.  Injuries... Pennington? Ty Law, Priest Holmes, Steve McNair.  Dude... who's next?  Alan Faneca, Marvel Smith, Plaxico Burress, Tom Brady, Teddy Bruschi, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Shaun Alexander, Ray Lewis, Jamaal Lewis, Curtis Martin?  You never know.

So, are you with us on this?  or are you going to climb on the wagon after the bills win 7 straight and host the steelers? 

Reality is  reality... The Bills dug them self a hole... but it seems to me that this team is beginning to define itself and starting to smell a little blood.... for them, now is the time to fish or cut bait.  We'll see if they're ready for prime time... they're either contenders or pretenders.  the answer comes Sun. night.

114064[/snapback]

I have been here through thick and thin since 86'. Funny how people like me that see the REALITY of the Bills are called 'fairweather' or 'Bandwagoners'. Only people on this board can warp the true meanings of those words.

At no time have I NOT supported the Bills. There are players here I don't support. Some in front office too. Just because you are ON a team, it doesn't make you PART of the team. I am sure those words of wisdom will be wasted here but they had to be said anyway.

Reality says, No playoffs for the Bills. That said, it is time to start playing our future the minute he can hit the field (Cleveland) and don't look back. Our IMMEDIATE Future is here NOW. Let Losman, Evans and McGahee get STARTS (plural) together THIS year.

honestly, who says we cant do it...take a look every year for the past 5-6 seasons...theres always a team of 2 left for dead at the midway point that catches fire in the 2nd half, and makes an improbable run to the playoffs or even the Super Bowl...

and hey, while it is improbable, its not impossible that the Bills could be that team this year...the wheels have finally started rolling, and maybe, just maybe we are gathering some momentum...for that type of run...

Lets do all we can to ruin Dallas first round pick from us next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

114043[/snapback]

I'm down with that. At least we can f' it up for another team.

Playoffs aren't completely out of the question is you look at the remaining schedule.

Pats - If the Bills can't beat them with the injuries they have now.......

Rams - At the Ralph. D is average. Martz refuses to run the ball....so c'mon wind.

Seahawks - Their O is clicking, but D is giving it up like Madonna on a tour bus.

Dolphins - No comment necessary.

Browns - Should be beatable at home.

Bengals - Half the team is on IR. Worst run D in league. Palmer still working out kinks.

49ers - Secondary left and went home. Best D player on IR. Rattay will be out for the season by this point. Barlow can't get it done with 8 in the box.

Steelers - Hopefully will have sewn up home field by this time and will play scrubs.

Rest of the season hinges on Sunday night. Bills squeak out a win in Foxboro, our remaining schedule looks promising.

Can we wait for Losman to be cleared to play before we scream "START LOSMAN"???

114202[/snapback]

Common man, if MM wants to be a genius he has to pull genius moves! Just look at Dallas, with the genius Parcells. They are 3-5 on a 4 game losing streak with a starting QB that's considered "washed up" (9 TD, 10 INT) and a backup "QB of the future" who is healthy (and reasonably mature). What does Parcells say about owner Jerry Jones' hints that Henson might start soon?

"Jerry's not making the personnel changes. I am," he says. And benching Testaverde "would be giving a sign to my team that I'm giving up on the season, and I'm not ready to do that."

....Ummm, nevermind...

:D

Or at least until he can run without a limp?

114229[/snapback]

Many didn't last year with McGahee, even while Henry was getting yardage. Why should it be any different this year with Losman?

And besides, our resident medical expert says that Losman is healed, the Bills are just pretending he's still hurt.

:D